Muhammad Wilkerson Windy City Bound?

JetNation

Muhammad Wilkerson

By Glenn Naughton

While the Jets’ shopping of defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson is one of the worst kept secrets in the NFL, the lack of apparent suitors as come as somewhat of a surprise as reports of teams expressing interest have been almost non-existent.  At least until now.

Aaron Leming of Bear Report had this to say via twitter earlier today:

For those unfamiliar with Leming, he was responsible for breaking the Brandon Marshall trade to the Jets from Chicago last season, and now he’s chiming in again, saying the two teams have spoken several times in regards to a possible deal that could send Wilkerson to the Windy City.

As Leming mentioned in his tweets above, the Bears currently hold the 11th pick in the draft with the Jets sitting at 20.  A swap of first round picks would likely be the starting point in negotiations.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
LVVJrU_DtHY

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

We'd want to be getting a lot more than that. It would make sense if we're incredibly high on Lynch though.

yea, thats like a mid 2nd rounder for wilks. not the end of the world, but only makes sense if there is a guy at 11 who you cant live without

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Wait so we are trading Mo Wilk to the Bears to move down 9 spots in the draft. No way can Macc be that dumb. 

I figured maybe they were throwing in Jay Cutler :rolleyes:

And his $16m contract? I think that would sort of defeat the purpose. 

Right now I would guess Shaq Lawson is the most likely guy to be targeted by the Jets in round one that isn't a QB. Unfortunately this draft sucks balls and I have serious doubts he makes it to 20. 11 is about the point sh*t starts getting real with him it seems (if not before that), so.....maybe?

It'd better take alot more than swapping firsts THO to gift them Wilkerson.

Just now, SenorGato said:

Right now I would guess Shaq Lawson is the most likely guy to be targeted by the Jets in round one that isn't a QB. Unfortunately this draft sucks balls and I have serious doubts he makes it to 20. 11 is about the point sh*t starts getting real with him it seems (if not before that), so.....maybe?

It'd better take alot more than swapping firsts THO to gift them Wilkerson.

I honestly don't even want to give them our first. Their first should compensate for Mo. I want #11 overall and a 4th just like we got for Revis.

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Wait so we are trading Mo Wilk to the Bears to move down 9 spots in the draft. No way can Macc be that dumb. 

I figured maybe they were throwing in Jay Cutler :rolleyes:

We also get the money saved from not having to pay Mo that franchise money. So we can sign our rookies, AND pay a qb not named Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

On trade value chart a trade with the Browns gets us to 1250 pts. Throw in our 2nd and we can move ahead of SF and get Goff if they want.

I wouldn't do it though..... Lynch at #11 is a reach but I guess as long as you stay ahead of LA.

Maybe trade Mo to Raiders and jump ahead of Rams to take Lynch

I am a noob here, but I will post this anyway.

Muhammad Wilkerson is not JJ Watt. But, he is easily a top 3 if not top 5 defensive end in this league right now. The Jets are idiots for not resigning him. He's been nothing but class his time here... A true leader for this defense. He never held out like Mevis. It just disgusts me that people are complaining about overpaying to resign Mo, but Revis is the highest paid player on the team AND HE IS 30. 30. Wilkerson is 27, and is maybe behind Watt and maybe another player or 2. The guy is a top 5 defensive end in football and the Jets cannot afford to resign him.

Resigning Revis to that magnitude of a contract is hurting us. Along with Skrine, Harris, and Gilchrist deals.

I know I am not a seasoned poster on here but still. It was wrong giving Revis that contract in the first place, because he was not the same damn Revis we had 4 years ago.

Just now, First_Blood said:

Muhammad Wilkerson is not JJ Watt. But, he is easily a top 3 if not top 5 defensive end in this league right now. The Jets are idiots for not resigning him. He's been nothing but class his time here... A true leader for this defense. He never held out like Mevis. It just disgusts me that people are complaining about overpaying to resign Mo, but Revis is the highest paid player on the team AND HE IS 30. 30. Wilkerson is 27, and is maybe behind Watt and maybe another player or 2. The guy is a top 5 defensive end in football and the Jets cannot afford to resign him.

Resigning Revis to that magnitude of a contract is hurting us. Along with Skrine, Harris, and Gilchrist deals.

I know I am not a seasoned poster on here but still. It was wrong giving Revis that contract in the first place, because he was not the same damn Revis we had 4 years ago.

Revis got paid due to his previous reputation. Revis wasn't just good. He had a few of, if not THE best few seasons of defensive football ever played. No, not joking.

2 minutes ago, First_Blood said:

We have Sheldon and Williams we will be fine. And as for Revis...probably need to stop acting as if 30 is that old. We'll talk 4 years from now. Revis is still a top 5 corner.

Just now, PCP63 said:

Revis got paid due to his previous reputation. Revis wasn't just good. He had a few of, if not THE best few seasons of defensive football ever played. No, not joking.

Yeah but the NFL is a win now kind of game. Giving that kind of money to a player that is regressing seems like a PR kind of move to me. Wilkerson is still young, and is an elite talent at his position.

Just now, First_Blood said:

Yeah but the NFL is a win now kind of game. Giving that kind of money to a player that is regressing seems like a PR kind of move to me. Wilkerson is still young, and is an elite talent at his position.

And we have two more young potentially elite players. 

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

We have Sheldon and Williams we will be fine. And as for Revis...probably need to stop acting as if 30 is that old. We'll talk 4 years from now. Revis is still a top 5 corner.

Yeah Sheldon, one suspension away from being booted for a year out of football. Revis did not look like a top 5 corner for us this year.

Same old Jets. Wilkerson has been nothing but class, but they will not reward him with a fair market level deal but they sign a mercenary like Revis to an albatross of a contract.

11 minutes ago, First_Blood said:

Yeah Sheldon, one suspension away from being booted for a year out of football. Revis did not look like a top 5 corner for us this year.

Same old Jets. Wilkerson has been nothing but class, but they will not reward him with a fair market level deal but they sign a mercenary like Revis to an albatross of a contract.

Revis was still one of the best CBs in the league this year, what are you talking about?

11 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Mo is going to hold out if he stays. I wonder who those other teams are chiming in also.

He'll lose a LOT of money if he holds out. $15m is a lot to walk away from

I'm sure Mac wouldn't mind since they were willing to play w/o him anyway.

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

He'll lose a LOT of money if he holds out. $15m is a lot to walk away from

I'm sure Mac wouldn't mind since they were willing to play w/o him anyway.

17 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Mo is going to hold out if he stays. I wonder who those other teams are chiming in also.

i dont think mo gets the chance to hold out. like it not, mo  is going to the highest bidder. even if that offer isnt the greatest

2 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Revis was still one of the best CBs in the league this year, what are you talking about?

Revis couldn't keep up with good young receivers like Hopkins. And in a few games he was spun around like a top. He played too much off of receivers and doesn't have the coverage skills or on the field presence he used to have. Remember when Brandon Marshall was on Miami and Revis physically and mentally abused him. But he still has great leadership ability and hopefully can return to form after an off year for him. He isn't close to being the shut down corner he used to be. 

Archived