Jets "Can't" draft QB

joerb31

Just wanted to share a litte rant I went on today out of blind rage that the Jets "cant" take a QB in the first.. Or the Jets "can't" trade up because they have too many holes to fill....Not very good at this so one tweet repeated ⬇️⬇️

somethin, somthin, qb, somethin, somethin, need one, somethin, somethin, franchise, somethin, somethin, cant find one, somethin,somethin, cant win without one, somethin, somethin, wtf, somethin, somethin, i hate the jets, somethin, somethin, just shoot me, somethin, soomethin

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

OP, I think I speak for all of us when I say that the most pressing matter is... how do you have more rep than you do posts? The math doesn't add up, well... not according to this thread you made.

Go check out my film work and give me rep on it too ;) 

14 hours ago, AFJF said:

You're 100% right.  Trust in Mac's ability to evaluate QB's.  If there's a QB he thinks can be a franchise guy, do what it takes to get him.

I'm not so sure that I want to throw blind "trust" at Maccagnan anymore. he may be a great talent evaluator, but IMO he needs to hire a capologist pronto, because giving Wilkerson QB money is insane on its face. Wilkerson is a very good DE, but NOT an elite one. As far as QB goes the Jets need to look under every rock to find a good one. It appears they are thawing on Bryce Petty but going with Geno Smith will be a mistake Bowles and Mac may not recover from.

16 hours ago, joerb31 said:

Just wanted to share a litte rant I went on today out of blind rage that the Jets "cant" take a QB in the first.. Or the Jets "can't" trade up because they have too many holes to fill....Not very good at this so one tweet repeated ⬇️⬇️

Funny, Roethlisberger was the eleventh pick in the first, Rodgers was the 24th pick, and Brady was end of the 6th. Only Cam was a #1 pick. How does that make your case? Brees was a second rounder. Wilson a third rounder. There are risks in selling the farm for a #1. You'd better not make a mistake or it's a franchise killer.

8 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Funny, Roethlisberger was the eleventh pick in the first, Rodgers was the 24th pick, and Brady was end of the 6th. Only Cam was a #1 pick. How does that make your case? Brees was a second rounder. Wilson a third rounder. There are risks in selling the farm for a #1. You'd better not make a mistake or it's a franchise killer.

Never said they had to trade up or they had to trade up to the #1 pick.. But if they do and take that shot...I wouldn't be mad like some other fans would be... You can give examples of guys who were late round picks but I can give you thousands of more who didn't turn out to be anything.. Picking late and hitting is a very minimal chance...would it be fantastic to get a late round QB who turns out to be Brady 2.0 (a lot less of an ass) yes but the chances are so small I wouldn't be mad if they took the big risk (not necessarily to #1)

40 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I'm not so sure that I want to throw blind "trust" at Maccagnan anymore. he may be a great talent evaluator, but IMO he needs to hire a capologist pronto, because giving Wilkerson QB money is insane on its face. Wilkerson is a very good DE, but NOT an elite one. As far as QB goes the Jets need to look under every rock to find a good one. It appears they are thawing on Bryce Petty but going with Geno Smith will be a mistake Bowles and Mac may not recover from.

He needs to hire a capologist because he franchised their best defensive player instead of just letting him walk?

If they go with Geno as a 1 year stop gap (which I am not in favor of) how does it become something they can't recover from if there is a different starter in 2017?

The way you build a team is through the lines. Everything follows after that. Including the Qb. That's a good way to f up a good young Qb, too by not giving him adequate protection. And you can win without a franchise Qb. And contend for a SB. And some guys like Flacco who have won a ring aren't great they're very good. I wouldn't make that kind of a deal like the Rams did that's for sure. They were just trying to show off for the LA market but they're never going to be as good as thebGreatest Show on Turf. And the Qb on that team was originally a UFA.

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The way you build a team is through the lines. Everything follows after that. Including the Qb. That's a good way to f up a good young Qb, too by not giving him adequate protection. And you can win without a franchise Qb. And contend for a SB. And some guys like Flacco who have won a ring aren't great they're very good. I wouldn't make that kind of a deal like the Rams did that's for sure. They were just trying to show off for the LA market but they're never going to be as good as thebGreatest Show on Turf. And the Qb on that team was originally a UFA.

I agree that they need to find a young LT and groom and at minimum a RT.. Gaileys offense does mask the problems of the O-line a litte but because it is a quick release offense... Regardless Fitz/Hoyer/Geno/McCown aren't the answer so I could see them trading up to maybe the 9ers pick at 7 or even the Bears pick at 11 if Goff is there.. As long as they are in love with him... I am on board

1 minute ago, joerb31 said:

I agree that they need to find a young LT and groom and at minimum a RT.. Gaileys offense does mask the problems of the O-line a litte but because it is a quick release offense... Regardless Fitz/Hoyer/Geno/McCown aren't the answer so I could see them trading up to maybe the 9ers pick at 7 or even the Bears pick at 11 if Goff is there.. As long as they are in love with him... I am on board

I don't believe it's all about the Qb. There is too much emphasis put on that position. But it sounds like Mac was trying to trade Wilk and picks to get probably Goff. I'm glad it didn't work out and think you can win with a good game manager. Use those picks on the infrastructure and re-sign Fitz for 2016.

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't believe it's all about the Qb. There is too much emphasis put on that position. But it sounds like Mac was trying to trade Wilk and picks to get probably Goff. I'm glad it didn't work out and think you can win with a good game manager. Use those picks on the infrastructure and re-sign Fitz for 2016.

In a perfect world where Fitz was 5 years younger sure... I just don't want to patch up the situation for another year or two and be in the same situation... Next year QB class in really weak.. 

25 minutes ago, joerb31 said:

In a perfect world where Fitz was 5 years younger sure... I just don't want to patch up the situation for another year or two and be in the same situation... Next year QB class in really weak.. 

Look, to me it's about 2016 only. We're off of a 10-6 and can possibly make the playoffs this year. And if you get in things can happen for you. So I'm not worried about the future. And we're not in a rebuilding mode. 

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look, to me it's about 2016 only. We're off of a 10-6 and can possibly make the playoffs this year. And if you get in things can happen for you. So I'm not worried about the future. And we're not in a rebuilding mode. 

And this is where the conversation ends.. Go all out to lose in the wildcard or divisional if lucky and not worry about the future of the team... Smart call... Jets sched is very tough as of right now... Last year was a cake walk and the Jets were STILL 1-6 in games were teams scored 21 or more points.....Team needs to look at the future

Archived