CLAYTON : teams to regress.. we're #4 ~ ~ ~

kelly

7 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

If you saw only Ken O'Brien vs. Dolphin career highlights or Steve Grogan vs. Jets career highlights you would think they were HOF QBs.

The Fins weren't the team the Pats have been for the last 15 years hell from 1986-1989 they didn't have a winning season.. I get your point but my post about Geno was for grins..Oh and Grogan was indeed a Jet killer..:)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

The Fins weren't the team the Pats have been for the last 15 years hell from 1986-1989 they didn't have a winning season.. I get your point but my post about Geno was for grins..Oh and Grogan was indeed a Jet killer..:)

I knew you were having fun...I just thought I would would throw in some real cases where QBs actually did play better against certain teams.  You are correct, those Dolphin teams were not very good, especially on defense.

I mean Clayton can predict it if he wants to. He has to fill time etc. But there's other factors like: some of our players will be improved like maybe Mauldin, Leonard Williams, Marcus Williams, Quincy, Devin Smith, Amaro  etc. And a few of our O-linemen. And don't forget Revis who had an off year. If he still has it he could be awesome in 2016. As for losing Cro I consider that addition by subtraction. And Lee looks like a great fit to Bowles D schemes. And maybe a  better job by Todd who now has more experience. So there are -s but you can't discount the pluses. Of course you can say this for every team. Right now there is not one team who drafted that isn't encouraged by their draft and the new players on their teams. Except our fans of course. They will always try to find a dark cloud. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Geno Smith is making very little coin. If our Coach & GM thought for one moment that Geno Smith is bad for team chemistry or that he had no talent to work with he would have been cut for a Brian Hoyer type already. F*cking sick of the freaking whining around here regarding Geno Smith. According to Bowles, Geno has been studious & working extremely hard since he got his jaw crushed by the Neanderthal. Maybe, just maybe, he got the time he needed to step back, take a breath (sit & learn like he should of in 2009) and comes out stronger in his next camp. Matt Ryan would have looked like sh*t throwing to the likes of Stephen Hill, Clyde Gates, David Nelson, Jeff Cumberland ect., sh*t, Matt Ryan imploded when Jones went down, White aged before our eyes & Gonzales retired! Give the guy one chance with superior players & a more simplified offense like Gailey runs & let's see what happens. I've never seen more fans scared of being proved wrong.

I'm not scared of being proven wrong. If he starts, I'll be praying for it.

hey, you're an optimist for Geno, like I am for Fitz. 

Fitz > Geno ...even if you hate Fitz, you must know that, right?

4 hours ago, jetrider said:

Why does every Kelly thread have these three boxes fixed on my screen?

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-14%20at%207.46.0                          

It's making me absolutely nuts.

52 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Geno should be the Jets starting QB for 2016.

Sure, he will have his share of bonehead plays, but he will absolutely deliver far more big plays than a noodle-armed, 33-year old below average QB.

Big plays win football games.

You would just love that wouldn't you. And so would Belichick. You know you don't want to face Fitz. Just like your ream couldn't handle the wildcat a few years back (in that game against Miami) you can't deal with Fitz a Qb who can make plays with his legs. You don't have enough speed on D to deal with it. He's 33 sure but still one of the best running Qbs in the league. 

18 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

I'm not scared of being proven wrong. If he starts, I'll be praying for it.

hey, you're an optimist for Geno, like I am for Fitz. 

Fitz > Geno ...even if you hate Fitz, you must know that, right?

I actually don't hate Fitz, I loved his grit & determination. If he resigns for what Macc has extended I'm all for it, I think we can also do well with Geno if he starts. Geno needs to have some success so that he can start to rebuild his confidence & guys like Marshall, Decker, Forte even Powell, he just needs to get them the ball & let them do their thing. Gailey had some success with Kordell Stewart & I think Geno has way more talent throwing the ball than Kordell. Plus although we don't want him running all the time, with the weapons Geno will have will most certainly open more running lanes for him if he has to. Much more so than his 1st 3 years playing with guys that couldn't get open to save their lives.

Not all of the stats on Fitz to be considered are just passing stats. You have his running stats and first downs he made running the ball. If you watched our games you know it was significant. And they were often clutch plays on 3rd and longs. He extended drives with his legs. He has that extra dimension that some fans don't give him any credit for. As for his salary I think these guys care more about what he makes than the FO does. They are resolute (for some reason-only their therapist knows) in wanting him to make less money. Hey who cares, knock yourself out! :o.

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Give Geno Marshall, Decker, Amaro and Forte, and he will produce significantly better than Fitz.

Geno has an upside, the only thing Fitz has is a downside.

The hatred for Geno Smith on this message board is hilarious.

Guilty as charged. Hate's a strong word, but I get what you mean. 

Geno will not be any better with the weapons you mentioned. He cannot process the information fast enough. He's shown that.  And saying Geno has upside and Fitz only has downside is silly. Geno, most certainly, has downside...lots of it!!

And, as of today and, I can only assume, as of August/September, Fitz is a better QB than Geno!! And don't reply, "based on money" ..I understand that part of the argument. If the only question is, "Who gives the 2016 NYJ the best shot at the playoffs?"..the answer is Fitz. How fans don't see that is crazy to me!!!!

26 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I actually don't hate Fitz, I loved his grit & determination. If he resigns for what Macc has extended I'm all for it, I think we can also do well with Geno if he starts. Geno needs to have some success so that he can start to rebuild his confidence & guys like Marshall, Decker, Forte even Powell, he just needs to get them the ball & let them do their thing. Gailey had some success with Kordell Stewart & I think Geno has way more talent throwing the ball than Kordell. Plus although we don't want him running all the time, with the weapons Geno will have will most certainly open more running lanes for him if he has to. Much more so than his 1st 3 years playing with guys that couldn't get open to save their lives.

I applaud your faith in Geno. I have none. If he's the guy, he'll have my support, but I'll be missing chunks of hair by Halloween, and a serious ulcer by thanksgiving.

20 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Guilty as charged. Hate's a strong word, but I get what you mean. 

Geno will not be any better with the weapons you mentioned. He cannot process the information fast enough. He's shown that.  And saying Geno has upside and Fitz only has downside is silly. Geno, most certainly, has downside...lots of it!!

And, as of today and, I can only assume, as of August/September, Fitz is a better QB than Geno!! And don't reply, "based on money" ..I understand that part of the argument. If the only question is, "Who gives the 2016 NYJ the best shot at the playoffs?"..the answer is Fitz. How fans don't see that is crazy to me!!!!

Because you never saw Fitz on the 2014 Jets running Marty's system and never saw Geno start for Bowles & Gailey.

How fans don't see that is incomprehensible !!!!

You would just love that wouldn't you. And so would Belichick. You know you don't want to face Fitz. Just like your ream couldn't handle the wildcat a few years back (in that game against Miami) you can't deal with Fitz a Qb who can make plays with his legs. You don't have enough speed on D to deal with it. He's 33 sure but still one of the best running Qbs in the league. 

You can't be serious with that post?

Every single Pats fan (including me) hope the Jets resign that loser Fitz.

Fitz is one of the best running QB's in the NFL?

Do you really believe the crap you post?

Just now, jetrider said:

Because you never saw Fitz on the 2014 Jets running Marty's system and never saw Geno start for Bowles & Gailey.

How fans don't see that is incomprehensible !!!!

Ha-I see what you did there-well played, sir.

Theres gonna be a lot "I-told-ya-so"s around here this year. The only question is whose side is gonna be spewing them.

11 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Sure I do.(somebody has to). The bottom line: your team is afraid of Fitz. He matches against your slow defense pretty well. Belichick isn't the fool even if his fans like to play the fool. :D.

5 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Fitz, Ivory, Harrison, Pace, Cromartie, and Brick. There's a reason why they left those  "Starters" names out of the article.

Which of those do you think they'll miss the most?

The most?  There's only one that'll be missed at all... Snacks.

14 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

you are that scared of hackenberg ?

weird

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Sure I do.(somebody has to). The bottom line: your team is afraid of Fitz. He matches against your slow defense pretty well. Belichick isn't the fool even if his fans like to play the fool. :D.

Lol no team is afraid of noodle arm.

All the Pats have to do is stop the short passes and they are great at that, especially with Collin running sideline to sideline 

Sure I do.(somebody has to). The bottom line: your team is afraid of Fitz. He matches against your slow defense pretty well. Belichick isn't the fool even if his fans like to play the fool. .

If you think BB and the Pats are "afraid" of a 11-year back-up, below average JAG QB who has never played in a playoff game, then I have no response.

Go have another glass of green kool aide.

3 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

All the Pats have to do is stop the short passes and they are great at that, especially with Collin running sideline to sideline 

Sure let them try to cover. We have very good receiving Rbs. And if they are covered (which I doubt with NEP they will be) Fitz can move the chains with his legs. Give him a little more time and it's Marshall and Decker time. And maybe Devin Smith can catch the long ball like he did at OSU. Isn't noodle arm what you called another good Jets Qb in CP. Everyone is noodle arm to you guys. 

44 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

If you think BB and the Pats are "afraid" of a 11-year back-up, below average JAG QB who has never played in a playoff game, then I have no response.

Go have another glass of green kool aide.

He doesn't want Fitz to sign, let's put it that way. He likes Geno as do some of our clueless fans. You ever seen anybody actually wearing Geno jerseys at a Jets game. I saw a rack in the sales dept of a Nike discount store a few days ago. Very cheap. 

Somebody gets it.

But what happens when the Pats shut down all the short passes and then Fitz torches the Pats secondary with his pin-point deep throws?

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Brick> Clady = huge upgrade (Jets got lucky!)

Ivory + Ridley + hurt Powell > Forte + Robinson (younger Ivory type) + healthy Powell = huge upgrade

Pace > Anybody = huge upgrade

Harrison > new guy from Chicago = slight downgrade but our Dline superiority cancels it out

Cromarty > Marcus = upgrade in youth & ball skills

Fitz> Fitz or Geno ? I actually think Fitz comes back but other than protecting the ball, Geno could make the offense more potent

Breno > Somebody else =  Huge upgrade (I'd be shocked if Breno is out starting RT.)

Defensive speed 2015 > Defensive speed 2016 =  huge upgrade

Tightends 2015 > Tightends 2016 (Amaro & Sudfeld) = upgrade

Quigley > The Aussies = huge upgrade whichever one wins in camp

Special teams speed 2015 > Special teams speed 2016 = huge upgrade

Kerley > Peake & Harrison = upgrade (Size & speed and Special teams upgrade)

you do realize that you face the open part of the bracket towards the side you think is better.........just like in math the open side of the bracket faces towards the larger side of the inequality

51 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Ha...no way pats fans want Fitz to start over Geno. 

thinking Fitz is top running QB is, indeed, funny, but he DOES pull the ball down and run when needed. And he does it well. 

6 hours ago, jetrider said:

Those boxes are for the multiple choice question...

Is Kelly a:

[    ]  Man

[    ]  Woman

[    ] Pre-Op Transsexual

21 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

you do realize that you face the open part of the bracket towards the side you think is better.........just like in math the open side of the bracket faces towards the larger side of the inequality

Cool thanks, math wasn't my favorite except counting all of my money I have now. WTF?

35 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Somebody gets it.

But what happens when the Pats shut down all the short passes and then Fitz torches the Pats secondary with his pin-point deep throws?

I'm starting to think these guys are truly starting to believe Fitz is among the top 10 elite QB's and has a cannon.

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Somebody gets it.

Pats and Jets have tended to shut down each other.  

4 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Give Geno Marshall, Decker, Amaro and Forte, and he will produce significantly better than Fitz.

Geno has an upside, the only thing Fitz has is a downside.

The hatred for Geno Smith on this message board is hilarious.

Would you be willing to accept a lifetime ban if Geno did not "produce significantly better than Fitz", presuming he starts the season with Marshall, Decker, Amaro and Forte?

You believe it, right?

7 hours ago, jetrider said:

Be nice if our Mods could figure that out.

Archived