CLAYTON : teams to regress.. we're #4 ~ ~ ~

kelly

Would you be willing to accept a lifetime ban if Geno did not "produce significantly better than Fitz", presuming he starts the season with Marshall, Decker, Amaro and Forte?

You believe it, right?

All I am saying is Geno gives the Jets the most upside potential heading into the season.

Fitz is worse than Patrick Ramsey.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there's only one of us who does any amount of coding and I know you understand he's got bigger things on his mind of late.

But yeah, it's annoying as f**k, lol.

It's caused by the ESPN link in the OP's OP. If you click the middle box it takes you to the article.

My guess is if the bottom link (in the post) is deleted it goes away. If not, then try putting the formatted article inside a quote box.

Of course, the timer expired for the OP to edit it.

8 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Forte for Ivory is a up grade as long as you don't use last years stats(He missed 3 games with a sprained MCL) and hope that Forte at 30(31 in Dec) still has gas left in the tank..

At this time, would you project it to be an upgrade / even swap / or downgrade heading into 2016?

certanly even if you'd lean towards even swap ... My counterpoint to Clayton is still valid ... That in general we can expect similar performance in 2016 as 2015 combining those 5 positions together ... As long as Fitz at QB gets worked out.

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

You would just love that wouldn't you. And so would Belichick. You know you don't want to face Fitz. Just like your ream couldn't handle the wildcat a few years back (in that game against Miami) you can't deal with Fitz a Qb who can make plays with his legs. You don't have enough speed on D to deal with it. He's 33 sure but still one of the best running Qbs in the league. 

Certainly the *Pats fan wanting us to play Geno instead of Fitz is the strongest possible argument possible for who is better

4 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

If you think BB and the Pats are "afraid" of a 11-year back-up, below average JAG QB who has never played in a playoff game, then I have no response.

Go have another glass of green kool aide.

Your team cheats.

4 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Somebody gets it.

But what happens when the Pats shut down all the short passes and then Fitz torches the Pats secondary with his pin-point deep throws?

Fitzpatrick eliminated the Pats* last season by beating them in week 16 (denying them home filed in the AFC Championship game).  Also don't give LOSER talk by saying the Pats* had injuries, every team has injuries.

10 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

My post was a dig at those Jets fans who think the media has an anti-Jets bias, regardless how accurate the article is.

I think the above article is very accurate.

The Jets won't miss Pace nearly as much as the Bills and Patriots, and that goes double for Cro.- the Jets are looking at an upgraded roster and much better special teams, we won't miss

brick one bit, no Fitz no problem, this article is accurate in your dreams.

The Jets won't miss Pace nearly as much as the Bills and Patriots, and that goes double for Cro.- the Jets are looking at an upgraded roster and much better special teams, we won't miss

brick one bit, no Fitz no problem, this article is accurate in your dreams.

Hope you enjoy your 5-7 win season with that upgraded roster.

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Well there's only one of us who does any amount of coding and I know you understand he's got bigger things on his mind of late.

But yeah, it's annoying as f**k, lol. 

Aye, that's why I said "Mods", not "Admin".  Phil has bigger fish to fry.  

It's just odd tbqh, no idea what could be causing it.

•  
Below is a test with another article from ESPN.
  •  

Christian Hackenberg won't have to answer any contract-related questions the next time he meets the media.

The second-round pick from Penn State signed his contract Thursday with the New York Jets, the team announced. It's the standard deal for a player drafted in his slot, 51st overall -- a four-year contract for $4.66 million. It includes a $1.6 million signing bonus, and his cap charge for 2016 will be $847,000.

The Jets now have three quarterbacks under contract -- Hackenberg, Bryce Petty and Geno Smith. It'll be four if/when free-agent Ryan Fitzpatrick agrees to terms.

The Jets also signed seventh-round pick Charone Peake, a wide receiver from Clemson. His contract is four years, $2.4 million, including a $68,000 signing bonus.

It happened when the OP copied and pasted the ESPN article. 

When she copied the text she also highlighted the mail, print, comment boxes on the left and pasted everything in the post.

The boxes pasted outside the reply screen.

4gmlh34.jpg

By enclosing the text in a quote (top) it made the boxes not float. Before I quoted the text the boxes were floating like the OP's.

The way to avoid the boxes completely is to not highlight them when copy/pasting.

They will not regress because of the loss of the vets, Harrison is the only one they lost that they would have liked to kept (and I doubt he'll be missed as the D-line is absolutely stacked)   All the others were guys they didn't want or easily could have kept.

The Jets will regress this year for one core reason

The schedule 

22 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Nothing more than another article showing anti-Jets bias by the media.

21 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not sure I agree.  We did have literally the easiest SOS last year (tied w/ Carolina).  Finishing 10-6 means we should (in theory) have a tougher SOS this year.  On top of that, we don't have a real starting QB at the moment.  So I think there's genuine reason to think the Jets will regress.  Obviously I hope the Jets surprise to the upside but I'm keeping my expectations low.  OTOH, if we surprise to the upside w/ a "bridge QB" then it's almost like fool's gold.  I'd rather have Hackenberg show real promise to be a legit franchise QB but finish 5-11 next year.  We all know it's a QB league (generally speaking).  And w/ the Jet D to pair with a franchise QB, that would be the makings of a serious championship foundation.

21 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

My post was a dig at those Jets fans who think the media has an anti-Jets bias, regardless how accurate the article is.

I think the above article is very accurate.

My god tx, it's 2016. Modernize your troll game a bit, you had the fish on the line and just let him off in 1 post. You are the 3 yards and a cloud of dust of trolls

This is probably rather accurate. Mac just didn't do enough to make this team competitive in 2016. He ignored the offense altogether, he didn't draft a TE, and really all he yielded out of the draft was depth at best. They lost free agents and did a poor job of backfilling those spots. This team will be substantially worse than they were last season. Even last season they weren't a very competitive team. They faced an easy schedule comprised of all the sh*t teams of the league. This season is the real test for this team as it is comprised of mostly playoff teams. They are going to get their a$$es handed to them often this season. I figure 6 wins at very best.

It's an easy prediction to make we were 10-6 last year will we be 10-6 this year, probably not. I do think we regressed, I think losing Brick will hurt. If Clady stays healthy we will be okay. I was hoping we would have addressed the OL a little earlier in the draft, also would have liked to see a CB taken higher. I do have confidence in Bowles decision on the #2 CB. If we don't get Fitz signed I think we will be a lot worse off than many think. I just have no faith in Geno. I do like our late round WR's.

43 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

So that was Fitz's only top 10 ranking from last season?

If you say so.  Far as I know he was between 15-17 is most categories, but I'm going by memory.

Edit:  14th in Completions, 15th in Yards, 10th in Passing TD's, 9th in TD%, 27th in YPA, 12th in QBR, 1st in Least Sacked 7th in Rushing, Tied 12th in Fewest Fumbles at QB.

Average, for us, was a massive improvement and franchise record setting.  

I'll take an "average" QB this year if we can get it.  

Can Geno Smith be the 14-16'th best QB this year?

If you say so.  Far as I know he was between 15-17 is most categories, but I'm going by memory.

Edit:  14th in Completions, 15th in Yards, 10th in Passing TD's, 9th in TD%, 27th in YPA, 12th in QBR, 1st in Least Sacked 7th in Rushing, Tied 12th in Fewest Fumbles at QB.

Average, for us, was a massive improvement and franchise record setting.  

I'll take an "average" QB this year if we can get it.  

Can Geno Smith be the 14-16'th best QB this year?

Is there a reason why you left out Fitz's ranking in total INT's and INT %?

And yes, I think Geno can produce that "average" season, with a much higher ceiling than Fitz to do more.

I have hope for this year but honestly with this schedule i'm not holding my breath. Either way though as far as the QB situation goes - there will be uproar this season regardless of what decision we go with.

If we pay Fitz - there's just no way he is as productive this year as he was last year; just look at the teams we're facing (consecutive tough games too). So everyone is going to come out with the "I told you we shouldn't have paid him" lines and blah blah blah

If we don't pay Fitz and Let Geno start - pretty sure Geno won't be able to handle this schedule either, at least not to our satisfaction - More of the "I told you Geno sucks we shoulda signed Fitz" lines will come out

If for whatever reason Bryce or Hack start - God help us bc they'll get eaten alive 

So people on both sides of this whole QB situation should be sharpening their knives because one of you is gunna be right. 

OR whichever QB we pick can go out there and win all these games (or enough of them at least) in which case we won't have anything to cry about. 

40 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

And yes, I think Geno can produce that "average" season, with a much higher ceiling than Fitz to do more.

Guess we'll see, won't we?

Difference is, for me it's MY team we're worried about.

You are the enemy, bad for us is good for you.  And you troll, endlessly.

So you'll forgive me if I take your newfound faith in Geno Smith with a grain of salt.

36 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

I have hope for this year but honestly with this schedule i'm not holding my breath

2015 18. New York Jets: 125-131, .488

2016 T-7. New York Jets: 136-120, .531

An 11 game difference.

So over the course of our 16 game season, 11 teams will be one win better than they were in 2015.

And over that, so much hand-wringing and preemptive excuse-making.

Here what seems to be being overlooked:  While we do play harder out of division teams this time round, our division is a net 6 wins WORSE in Strength of Schedule in 2016 than they were in 2015, and the one 12 win team (Pats) will be without their QB for some amount of time.

Our division is easier now than it was.  And we play 6 of our 16 in Division.  Win those, the rest will follow.

52 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Jaws went over every pass Fitz threw last year and said there where 15 easy interceptions dropped, he has a noodle inaccurate arm, Geno on the other hand, has an accurate gun and throw the bomb, his 64%  2 -1 TD interception rate is indicative of what we will see this year, he will have a job as a starter in this league for a long time, FItz is a caddie and the Jets don't need one right now, I don't know about NE, but I do know there would be a huge celebration in Buffalo if we signed FItz, how could that possible be a good thing for the NY JETS  ?  

I personally look forward to geno throwing the long ball, Bryce and Hack also, the Jets will be turning over 15 - 17 roster

spots this year, everyone an improvement, except maybe Snacks.  Geno has the Patriots  number so look out.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

2015 18. New York Jets: 125-131, .488

2016 T-7. New York Jets: 136-120, .531

An 11 game difference.

So over the course of our 16 game season, 11 teams will be one win better than they were in 2015.

And over that, so much hand-wringing and preemptive excuse-making.

Here what seems to be being overlooked:  While we do play harder out of division teams this time round, our division is a net 6 wins WORSE in Strength of Schedule in 2016 than they were in 2015, and the one 12 win team (Pats) will be without their QB for some amount of time.

Our division is easier now than it was.  And we play 6 of our 16 in Division.  Win those, the rest will follow.

Just using the eye-test for strength of schedule. Also - fins and bills play pats during bradys 4 game suspension so technically that prob hurts us more than it helps us. Either way thou - you are correct - preemptive excuse-making is just poor form for a fan. I don't like doing it. As it relates to the QB situation though I brought it up because no one between Fitz, Geno, and the rooks will be able to navigate this season unscathed from the fans. And since I do like this front office, I don't want them to get dinged for what seems to be a lose-lose situation (unless Fitz accepts a 2 year deal for less than 10 mill). 

We'll see how it all works out. Grab the popcorn. 

11 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

Guess we'll see, won't we?

Difference is, for me it's MY team we're worried about.

You are the enemy, bad for us is good for you.  And you troll, endlessly.

So you'll forgive me if I take your newfound faith in Geno Smith with a grain of salt.

Got to love the irony of fan boards.  

21 hours ago, 77DRAFT said:

Jaws went over every pass Fitz threw last year and said there where 15 easy interceptions dropped, he has a noodle inaccurate arm, Geno on the other hand, has an accurate gun and throw the bomb, his 64%  2 -1 TD interception rate is indicative of what we will see this year, he will have a job as a starter in this league for a long time, FItz is a caddie and the Jets don't need one right now, I don't know about NE, but I do know there would be a huge celebration in Buffalo if we signed FItz, how could that possible be a good thing for the NY JETS  ?  

I personally look forward to geno throwing the long ball, Bryce and Hack also, the Jets will be turning over 15 - 17 roster

spots this year, everyone an improvement, except maybe Snacks.  Geno has the Patriots  number so look out.

Nice post !

You must be smoking crack?

Geno on the other hand, has an accurate gun and throw the bomb, his 64%  2 -1 TD interception rate is indicative of what we will see this year, he will have a job as a starter in this league for a long time.

Just wanted to save this for posterity.  

Your mouth to Gods ears, but something tells me God has bigger things to worry about than salvaging Geno Smith's failed career to-date.

On 5/15/2016 at 3:30 AM, jetrider said:
  •  
Below is a test with another article from ESPN.
  •  

It happened when the OP copied and pasted the ESPN article. 

When she copied the text she also highlighted the mail, print, comment boxes on the left and pasted everything in the post.

The boxes pasted outside the reply screen.

4gmlh34.jpg

By enclosing the text in a quote (top) it made the boxes not float. Before I quoted the text the boxes were floating like the OP's.

The way to avoid the boxes completely is to not highlight them when copy/pasting.

thank you jetrider  ! ! 

:beer:

On 5/14/2016 at 0:50 PM, Jetster said:

Brick> Clady = huge upgrade (Jets got lucky!)

Ivory + Ridley + hurt Powell > Forte + Robinson (younger Ivory type) + healthy Powell = huge upgrade

Pace > Anybody = huge upgrade

Harrison > new guy from Chicago = slight downgrade but our Dline superiority cancels it out

Cromarty > Marcus = upgrade in youth & ball skills

Fitz> Fitz or Geno ? I actually think Fitz comes back but other than protecting the ball, Geno could make the offense more potent

Breno > Somebody else =  Huge upgrade (I'd be shocked if Breno is out starting RT.)

Defensive speed 2015 > Defensive speed 2016 =  huge upgrade

Tightends 2015 > Tightends 2016 (Amaro & Sudfeld) = upgrade

Quigley > The Aussies = huge upgrade whichever one wins in camp

Special teams speed 2015 > Special teams speed 2016 = huge upgrade

Kerley > Peake & Harrison = upgrade (Size & speed and Special teams upgrade)

Agree with the points that you are making but your use of the greater than sign (>) is confusing.

On 5/14/2016 at 2:22 PM, PatsFanTX said:

Geno should be the Jets starting QB for 2016.

Sure, he will have his share of bonehead plays, but he will absolutely deliver far more big plays than a noodle-armed, 33-year old below average QB.

Big plays win football games.

Are you trying to trick us into influencing Bowles to start Geno with our influential posts on this message board?

Putting aside the Qb situation, I agree with those who say the only real loss is Harrison.  But even there it is to a unit that is arguably the strongest on the team. 

Someone mentioned Ferguson's departure as a big loss, but while I was a big fan of his while he was here, the fact is he was in decline, and was a problem last year at times.  If Clady stays healthy that in fact will be a position that is upgraded.

TE is also a position that is virtually certain to be better, the only question being how much.  Anything will be better than zero.

I also am hopeful the Jets will have more consistency at 3rd wideout. 

Gee, I am not an optimist by nature, but aside from Qb I think the O will be better this year.

Archived