Cut Geno

johnnyjet

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Fitz ran three series last night and basically had a few drops and as usual at the beginning of a game the O wasn't working. There is absolutely zero implication from that as far as his starting status. He is the only Qb on the team who knows how to run the offense. It has been a tune up for Fitz for the regular season plus they don't want him to get injured. So part of his game which is running with the ball is not in the pre-season game plan. But during the regular season there will be games like this where the offense isn't working. So hopefully in those games our D will bail us out. Nothing wrong with that. Ask the Broncos last year. But overall our offense should be effective in 2016, 

We are supposed to be seeing positives in the preseason from all our players especially the veterans sadly the Jets arent looking all that good this preseason.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rexorcism said:

Let's get something straight...Fitz has NEVER been as awful as Geno....And if you don't want to argue with other Jet fans then stop your BS arguing. End of story

Disagree Fitzpatrick has had some terrible seasons in his career up until 2015 Fitzpatrick was garbage

Yes he did go watch the tape take off the blinders 

Take off YOUR blinders, he had a few drops and they didnt get anything going, doesn't mean he was awful or he stunk...Playing awful or Stinking would be staring down receivers, forcing balls into coverage to unopen receivers and getting picked off, that was GENO.

Agree Geno was terrible but in all fairness so was Fitzpatrick the entire TEAM sucked football is not an individual sport 

You hate Geno I GET IT   

I don't hate Geno, I would love to see the guy play incredible and lead us to a SB. I just call it as I see it, last night he was garbage.

Jets have to let both Geno and Petty get significant time vs Giants with first team O. If Petty is pushing Geno for #2, have to see them both with starters. If we need our second stringer in real games, they will be playing with the starters and against starting defenses, not the camp fodder they have been playing against so far. This would be more important for Petty, because Bowles pretty much knows what Fitz and Geno are all about.

I don't understand anyone saying we should keep Geno, petty has shown he can handle playing while live bullets are flying.   That's all we need to see.  

He might not have been playing against starters but he was playing against guys that were playing for there football lives, and he lit it up

7 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

I don't understand anyone saying we should keep Geno, petty has shown he can handle playing while live bullets are flying.   That's all we need to see.  

He might not have been playing against starters but he was playing against guys that were playing for there football lives, and he lit it up

It's time to dump Geno. Let Hackenberg get some reps.

30 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

Take off YOUR blinders, he had a few drops and they didnt get anything going, doesn't mean he was awful or he stunk...Playing awful or Stinking would be staring down receivers, forcing balls into coverage to unopen receivers and getting picked off, that was GENO.

29 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

WRONG, hes always been better than your boy, Geno

27 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

I don't hate Geno, I would love to see the guy play incredible and lead us to a SB. I just call it as I see it, last night he was garbage.

Yawn.............

2 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

My posts are in reaction to your nonsensical, 6 month Geno agenda, eat it, he has SUCKED...

No Geno agenda I just want to see the Jets the team I root for win a Super Bowl in my opinion Geno Smith was never given a fair shot here with a team so talented like the 2015 Jets (easy schedule included)  that a gypsy journeyman QB did so well with.  

Its a new season 2016 lets hope we do better than 2015 and not SUCK 

No Geno agenda I just want to see the Jets the team I root for win a Super Bowl in my opinion Geno Smith was never given a fair shot here with a team so talented like the 2015 Jets that a gypsy journeyman QB did so well with.  

YAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWNNNNNN

No Geno agenda I just want to see the Jets the team I root for win a Super Bowl in my opinion Geno Smith was never given a fair shot here with a team so talented like the 2015 Jets (easy schedule included)  that a gypsy journeyman QB did so well with.  

He got his chance and chose to stiff his teammate LBer and got Knocked the F-ck out...end of story...Get over it.

Just now, Rexorcism said:

He got his chance and chose to stiff his teammate LBer and got Knocked the F-ck out...end of story...Get over it.

You were there?  How come IK was CUT and not Geno Smith 

You HATE the guy I get it no big deal concentrate on the team effort hopefully in 2016 with a tougher schedule we can be competitive and make the playoffs 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc and Bowles have 0 ties to Geno Smith unfortunately Geno Smith is the odd man out here he's not 1 of "their" guys. 

Im really impressed with Bryce Petty and hope he's the guy. 

Unfortunate for us if he remains on the team.

You were there?  How come IK was CUT and not Geno Smith 

You HATE the guy I get it no big deal concentrate on the team effort hopefully in 2016 with a tougher schedule we can be competitive and make the playoffs 

No, I don't HATE him, it's just that you LOVE him...He's done, move on, he's a loser

I support any player in a Jets uniform and hope for the best. 

I am in favor of cutting him in order for Petty and Hack to get more ora give reps and hopefully develop Into the QB we need but I do agree with you Joe. I will support any Jet on the squad. If he's not cut then I will root for Geno to be at his best if called upon.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Once they cut or trade Geno who is the next man up the fan base will put all their hate on. 

Whoever plays the $h*ttiest & makes the same exact mistakes year 4 that he made year 1 , and acts like a spoiled brat next

5 minutes ago, ljr said:

Whoever plays the $h*ttiest & makes the same exact mistakes year 4 that he made year 1 , and acts like a spoiled brat next

The Jets havent made the Super Bowl since 1969 there have been bigger mistakes than Geno Smith in this organization. 

When and where has he acted like a spooled brat do you have a link or proof of anything he's done towards the team or the fans 

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Once they cut or trade Geno who is the next man up the fan base will put all their hate on. 

Probably Fitz if he stands in the way of our lord and savior Bryce Petty.

then hack or petty whoever has a worse preseason.

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Probably Fitz if he stands in the way of our lord and savior Bryce Petty.

then hack or petty whoever has a worse preseason.

It all depends on the year he has in 2016 Bryce Petty I liked him coming out college hope he's the franchise QB we all want 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

The Jets havent made the Super Bowl since 1969 there have been bigger mistakes than Geno Smith in this organization. 

When and where has he acted like a spooled brat do you have a link or proof of anything he's done towards the team or the fans 

You asked who we hate next ... Since when does next mean lets talk about 1969?

you got a Delorean somewhere???

you are struggling bad bro if you are seriously trying to argue he hasn't acted like a petulant child d**shbag since entering the NFL  ... Why don't you start with viewing him at Draft, NFL

Just now, ljr said:

You asked who we hate next ... Since when does next mean lets talk about 1969?

you got a Delorean somewhere???

you are struggling bad bro if you are seriously trying to argue he hasn't acted like a petulant child d**shbag since entering the NFL  ... Why don't you start with viewing him at Draft, NFL

The last time this team won anything was 1969 the Jets drafted him and yes I agree we dont draft well 

The best thing for this organization and its fan base is to cut Geno Smith loose and move on with Petty or Hack 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

The last time this team won anything was 1969 the Jets drafted him and yes I agree we dont draft well 

The best thing for this organization and its fan base is to cut Geno Smith loose and move on with Petty or Hack 

Well at least you are finally correct about Geno

Just chiming in.  That pass for the pick should absolutely be the last straw for any Geno supporter/hopeful.  It's a rookie read and throw, not for a QB going into his third year.  Late and dumb.  Going against a first team  defense, that idiotic pass is a pick-six.

Just chiming in.  That pass for the pick should absolutely be the last straw for any Geno supporter/hopeful.  It's a rookie read and throw, not for a QB going into his third year.  Late and dumb.  Going against a first team  defense, that idiotic pass is a pick-six.

I thought the panic throw that did not even reach the line of scrimmage was also indicative of the type of play we wish Geno would stop making.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, munchmemory said:

4th year

Archived