Cut Geno

johnnyjet

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is Definately gone next year.  The writing is on the wall. No one in the front office has any faith in this guy and the other players don't like him.  Now let the lets go get Foles threads begin.  Foles never had the weapons................blah blah blah.

i would not be shocked,or surprised if the Jets extend Fitz for an additional year either.  Petty and or Hack may not be ready next year either.  But All sarcasm aside I think out GM deserves credit for getting the roster completed and all guys signed before camp.  

This lack of Faith in football is overrated anyway. 

Last year at this time they signed Fitzpatrick to be Geno's back up. They had no faith in Fitz then. The reality will come when guys begin throwing the football. Geno has a year in the system, younger, stronger arm, "light years ahead" (unless we believe our coaching staff was lying). 

Training camp starts today. We'll start seeing whats real and what isnt starting today. 

7 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

He is Definately gone next year.  The writing is on the wall. No one in the front office has any faith in this guy and the other players don't like him.  Now let the lets go get Foles threads begin.  Foles never had the weapons................blah blah blah.

i would not be shocked,or surprised if the Jets extend Fitz for an additional year either.  Petty and or Hack may not be ready next year either.  But All sarcasm aside I think out GM deserves credit for getting the roster completed and all guys signed before camp.  

Writing was on the wall when Bowles named Fitz the starter when the season ended IMO.  To not even offer Geno a shot to compete in TC after supposedly "winning" the competition last season was all I needed to hear.

I was actually in favor of letting Geno compete for the job but once the FO showed they have zero faith in him, I figured it was time to move on.

Just now, johnnyjet said:

When does he get cut? Predictions. 

Tough call IMO.  Part of me thinks they let him play out his final year, but since getting here, all the FO has done at the QB position is try to replace him.

If Hack and/or Petty look competent during 3rd pre-season game, could be the end for Geno.

Just now, AFJF said:

Writing was on the wall when Bowles named Fitz the starter when the season ended IMO.  To not even offer Geno a shot to compete in TC after supposedly "winning" the competition last season was all I needed to hear.

I was actually in favor of letting Geno compete for the job but once the FO showed they have zero faith in him, I figured it was time to move on.

Yeah it was. I still feel that you shouldnt do that publically unless the guy is signed. That was poor thinking. How crazy would that have been if Fitz didnt sign? Talk about egg on your face. 

The competition, or lack of it is also a mistake. Then again, they dont have to care. They didnt draft Geno, they brought in Fitz last year as a back up, they drafted Petty last year and Hackenberg this year. I see this as more of an odd-man out kinda thing. You dont do this with a guy who "won" the competition last year unless you've already brought in a plethora of your own QB's that you've hand-picked. 

It is what it is. It would have been nice to see what Geno could do with this offense. Most likely wont happen though. 

I wouldn't say they have no confidence in Geno but management is responsible for putting the best QB on the field. Fitz is way better than Geno and this is his last year under contract. A one year deal for Fitz and they are both gone next year. Geno the "miserable fail and Fitz "the one year wonder".

I still believe in Geno.  I think everything came to him too quick, and his attitude at the beginning was pretty terrible and inflated.  Now that he has had some time to sit, watch, and be humbled a bit, I do think he could shine.  I'm very curious to see how he plays in the preseason.

I just don't think we will ever see it in the regular season.  If he broke out and had an Andy Dalton type success somewhere else, I wouldn't be too surprised.

I would say the chances of Geno being great are not high. He's had the opportunity to prove that and his play has not been good. His fans expect perfect conditions or they make excuses. You know the coaches, the weather, his teammates. We heard all of the same s for Sanchez. The thing is even if you don't have the greatest in variables it's still expected that you do a good job and as Qb bring the team up not down. That's what you expect out of a Qb. So you don't hold onto a player or start a Qb just because you're afraid he could be great elsewhere. It usually doesn't happen esp if the guy had 29 starts. Sure, not impossible. He'll get more chances to play in his career somewhere. Who knows maybe they'll keep him here next season. If Fitz leaves they might keep him and have a true Qb competition next year. Hopefully not and we're coming off of a SB win. 

Lol there is no way they are cutting geno.. They are not going to trust petty as the backup just because he throws a few nice passes in camp.. He was a known project when we drafted him and from what has been said its been even slower than planned.. They may keep 4 or petty may be gone.. 

20 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol there is no way they are cutting geno.. They are not going to trust petty as the backup just because he throws a few nice passes in camp.. He was a known project when we drafted him and from what has been said its been even slower than planned.. They may keep 4 or petty may be gone.. 

So Petty is a known project.?!  That must make Geno an unknown bad experiment. \\:D/

Let the man move on! Let him go to an organization that appreciates him, not this stupid team that decided to pay a bum journeyman $12 million to hand him the starting job despite Geno being significantly better. Cut Geno for Geno's sake, the Jets don't deserve Geno, they deserve the 5-11 they are about to get with the bearded JAG.

Yes because Geno would have thrown 32 TDs last year.   he looked so sharp against Oakland , his field presence, leadership,and pinpoint passing were a sight to behold.  Still don't know how we lost and how Fitz got his job back.  SMH

It's doubtful they would take Hack or Petty over Geno this year. I don't think they would do it esp since Geno makes only 1.5. But if he looks ok in pre-season and they can trade him it's a possibility. There are teams who need backup Qbs and the Jets might take that compensation over getting nothing next year. It would also give them a roster spot but I think if they do it they might still cut Petty. 

11 hours ago, FreeGeno said:

Let the man move on! Let him go to an organization that appreciates him, not this stupid team that decided to pay a bum journeyman $12 million to hand him the starting job despite Geno being significantly better. Cut Geno for Geno's sake, the Jets don't deserve Geno, they deserve the 5-11 they are about to get with the bearded JAG.

Ok mods, someone check the IP address.  Curios to know which fellow Geno supporter this is.

Hey, I supported letting Fitz walk and starting Geno as much as anyone, but this is a business.  When it comes down to it, there is no cutting the guy for his sake.

Screw that.  This team needs a legit backup, and all reports say Hack and Petty are basically useless steaming piles of $hit at the moment.  Geno isn't going anywhere.

It's a long season.  Never know what will happen.  Sure the team is now out 12mil and Fitz will most definitely be handed the starting job, but as we saw last year, anything can happen.  Geno just has to keep working hard and be ready for when his opportunity comes.

On 7/28/2016 at 7:49 AM, prime21 said:

I wouldn't say they have no confidence in Geno but management is responsible for putting the best QB on the field. Fitz is way better than Geno and this is his last year under contract. A one year deal for Fitz and they are both gone next year. Geno the "miserable fail and Fitz "the one year wonder".

Those are words that should never be used in a sentence  when talking about Qb's - Fitz and way better 

On 7/28/2016 at 9:51 AM, Rangers9 said:

I would say the chances of Geno being great are not high. He's had the opportunity to prove that and his play has not been good. His fans expect perfect conditions or they make excuses. You know the coaches, the weather, his teammates. We heard all of the same s for Sanchez. The thing is even if you don't have the greatest in variables it's still expected that you do a good job and as Qb bring the team up not down. That's what you expect out of a Qb. So you don't hold onto a player or start a Qb just because you're afraid he could be great elsewhere. It usually doesn't happen esp if the guy had 29 starts. Sure, not impossible. He'll get more chances to play in his career somewhere. Who knows maybe they'll keep him here next season. If Fitz leaves they might keep him and have a true Qb competition next year. Hopefully not and we're coming off of a SB win. 

DId people say that about Fitz after 2 years, 4 years , 6 years , 8 years , 10 years . Fitz was never good yet he's managed to get starting gigs , why can't Geno after only 2 years of mediocre play. 

33 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Yes because Geno would have thrown 32 TDs last year.   he looked so sharp against Oakland , his field presence, leadership,and pinpoint passing were a sight to behold.  Still don't know how we lost and how Fitz got his job back.  SMH

Yet in that game he had the 6th highest passing yardage game for the Jets last season. 

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

DId people say that about Fitz after 2 years, 4 years , 6 years , 8 years , 10 years . Fitz was never good yet he's managed to get starting gigs , why can't Geno after only 2 years of mediocre play. 

No, but they said it last year in 2015. And that's the year that counts the most. And Fitz has paid his dues. And gone the backup route after starting and failing and worked his way back up. Geno started recently and failed. Let's see if he can work his way back up. 

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 6:16 AM, Villain The Foe said:

This lack of Faith in football is overrated anyway. 

Last year at this time they signed Fitzpatrick to be Geno's back up. They had no faith in Fitz then. The reality will come when guys begin throwing the football. Geno has a year in the system, younger, stronger arm, "light years ahead" (unless we believe our coaching staff was lying). 

Training camp starts today. We'll start seeing whats real and what isnt starting today. 

x354-q80.jpgthat's real

12 hours ago, FreeGeno said:

will you go with him ?

I have been thinking about what may be in Geno's future and where he may land if the Jets let him go in free agency at seasons end.

As you all know Geno is Miami native and I can see him becoming a Dolphin. With Matt Moore as the only solid backup and getting older by the year, I could see Tanny signing Geno as his primary backup to start.

In case you don't know, the Fins are not to thrilled with Tannehill in spite of the over the top contract they sighed him to. If the Fins don't produce good results this season they will be looking more to the future.

They have seen what Geno has done to them a few times and this is the reason I think they would be very interested in acquiring him.

Geno's upside is 100 times higher then Matt Moore's and should Tannehill get hurt Geno gives them a much better chance of winning. An if you seen how badly the Fins protect there QB, the odds are high that the backup will play.

So wouldn't it be ironic, to have to face Geno twice a year,and God help the front office and CS if we lose to him.

Now you may think, oh that's just Geno , we know him and we will beat him every time.

Yet, didn't we all think we would beat Buffalo easily with Rex running the show up there, how did that work out for us.

Just a thought you guys , yet don't be too surprise if it happens, and wouldn't be so typical Jets karma, to be beaten many times by a guy we threw away.

47 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

No, but they said it last year in 2015. And that's the year that counts the most. And Fitz has paid his dues. And gone the backup route after starting and failing and worked his way back up. Geno started recently and failed. Let's see if he can work his way back up. 

But probably 50% or more of Jets fans have already given up on Geno. These same fans, if Fitz was a Jet from the get go wouldn't be so excited he's our QB , they wouldn't be calling him the conquering hero , they wouldn't be saying he gives us the best chance to win. Why is the past failures of Fitz ignored and that includes a pathetic meltdown with the playoffs on the line in 2015. 11 years of failures absolved for one 10 win season , yet Geno's 8 win rookie season is ignored. 

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

But probably 50% or more of Jets fans have already given up on Geno. These same fans, if Fitz was a Jet from the get go wouldn't be so excited he's our QB , they wouldn't be calling him the conquering hero , they wouldn't be saying he gives us the best chance to win. Why is the past failures of Fitz ignored and that includes a pathetic meltdown with the playoffs on the line in 2015. 11 years of failures absolved for one 10 win season , yet Geno's 8 win rookie season is ignored. 

Look, if Geno had been the starter last year and played as well as Fitz did in 2015 and we won ten games he'd be the starter this year and the guy with the contract. Even though he played poorly in the past. And Fitz would be out. We're not looking at 10 years ago. It's about recent history. 

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Look, if Geno had been the starter last year and played as well as Fitz did in 2015 and we won ten games he'd be the starter this year and the guy with the contract. Even though he played poorly in the past. And Fitz would be out. We're not looking at 10 years ago. It's about recent history. 

Recent history says 3 picks in the last quarter of the most important game of his career. For Fitz that is. 

As for Geno, he put up a perfect game in his last start n played better than Fitz over the last 6 starts after the benching. So not sure why you would pick the recent history to support your claim. With Fitz being buddies with Deck n Marshall, he'd still be a FA. Never won more than 6 games a year in his first 10 years n then 10 in his last season. Something tells me it wasn't him. Hope he can prove me wrong. 

Archived