Cut Geno

johnnyjet

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/20/2016 at 10:19 AM, joewilly12 said:

Once they cut or trade Geno who is the next man up the fan base will put all their hate on. 

They'll hate Petty after a bad game and clamor for Hack - stealing from a Geico commercial - Its what they do. 

39 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

They'll hate Petty after a bad game and clamor for Hack - stealing from a Geico commercial - Its what they do. 

Petty is very likeable. One game will not do it. If we have 1 year would do it. 

2 years of starting then one on the bench still looking indecisive, and pouting will lead to threads like this one. 

Let's hope that this coaching staff does not let things go that far again. 

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:01 AM, joewilly12 said:

Now that Bryce Petty has improved and has shown us what he's capable of doing I agree. 

Next man up 

Once upon a time, there was this QB who would come off the bench and light up a 3rd string pre-season defense  . A certain portion of the fan base would clamor for this QB to be given improved reps with some going so far as to speak out for that QB to be given consideration as the starting QB.

Because of the prolific display by this QB , he was given the opportunity to start a pre-season game, and the results are a matter of history .That QB and the receiver who combined for those prolific #s, are no longer in the league and are still talked about with folk hero status occasionally .

Iron Pyrite looks like gold, and to an untrained eye, you will swear you are rich until proven wrong . When the fire is turned up , it doesn't only effect 1 part of the metal, but the entire metal .  When the fire is turned up in the life of Bryce Petty, if he can come out like the precious metal so many assume he is, I will celebrate his arrival . Until then, he's the new Geno Smith, the anointed prematurely appointed .

That is all .

9 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

2 years of starting then one on the bench still looking indecisive, and pouting will lead to threads like this one. 

Trust me I know this fanbase. If Petty's starting it won't take long for those bands of people wanting Hack to surface.

19 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Once upon a time, there was this QB who would come off the bench and light up a 3rd string pre-season defense  . A certain portion of the fan base would clamor for this QB to be given improved reps with some going so far as to speak out for that QB to be given consideration as the starting QB.

Because of the prolific display by this QB , he was given the opportunity to start a pre-season game, and the results are a matter of history .That QB and the receiver who combined for those prolific #s, are no longer in the league and are still talked about with folk hero status occasionally .

Iron Pyrite looks like gold, and to an untrained eye, you will swear you are rich until proven wrong . When the fire is turned up , it doesn't only effect 1 part of the metal, but the entire metal .  When the fire is turned up in the life of Bryce Petty, if he can come out like the precious metal so many assume he is, I will celebrate his arrival . Until then, he's the new Geno Smith, the anointed prematurely appointed .

That is all .

Classic catch phrase 

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

That is all .

I don't see anyone calling for Petty to start, but there is a big difference between Petty and Rat boy. Petty is a prototypical specimen.

He was lacking the knowledge of reading defenses, calling plays, and taking a snap from center. If he could do those things he would have been a top prospect.

Put it this way. After a year in the Jets program, with the improvement he's shown I believe he would be a 1st round pick if he were to enter the draft right now. That doesn't mean he's ready, but it is encouraging. 

Genos value to the Jets is plummeting because of his lackluster performance, enthusiasm and body language.  The game against the NYvaG coming up may decide his Jet career sooner than later.  So now I pose this question to my fellow Jet fans.  What does he have to do to keep the number 2 spot, rumors are flying he's trade bait, may be cut etc.. Personally I think he's done. The Jets should just cut him and give him a chance to catch on with someone else. 

29 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Genos value to the Jets is plummeting because of his lackluster performance, enthusiasm and body language.  The game against the NYvaG coming up may decide his Jet career sooner than later.  So now I pose this question to my fellow Jet fans.  What does he have to do to keep the number 2 spot, rumors are flying he's trade bait, may be cut etc.. Personally I think he's done. The Jets should just cut him and give him a chance to catch on with someone else. 

Geno is better off basically anywhere but Jets. He's dead man walking here. CONSPIRACY ALERT: could it be he's doggin it on purpose to get out of dodge a year early? I know it's crazy but so is trying to run away from the draft after falling (which would only cause greater fall).

21 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

^

Having an issue using the quote for some f'ing reason, but I did wawnt to way about Step's post that while we have the whole regular season ahead of us, looking down the road I think we need to remember it can work to have two Qb's on the team who are both capable of starting.  Jet fans have to go back to the 80's to remember having that.  And while it is true that the fans might take one Qb's side over the other, the optimal situation would be one where the two can work together.  Yeah of course one would have to be the starter and I am not talking about in game substitutions for particular plays.  But to be successful it helps to have a solid backup Qb, and over the course of the season it is rare to have a team's starting Qb play every snap.

The hope is that Petty and Hackenburg will both have developed enough to sort out between them who the starter should be while the two head the team for the next ten years.  Wouldn't that be nice?

1 hour ago, johnnyjet said:

Genos value to the Jets is plummeting because of his lackluster performance, enthusiasm and body language.  The game against the NYvaG coming up may decide his Jet career sooner than later.

This is spot on.

We heard all offseason long about how Geno was enthusiastic.  How Geno was buying in.  How Geno was showing improvement.  How Geno was Developing.  How Geno would show us all he was better than Fitzpatrick.

Yet what we's seen through two preseason games is classic Geno Smith:  Unenthusiastic, uninspiring, poor play, turnover prone (both real INT's and numerous "advanced stats" woulda, coulda, shoulda been INT's).  And most of all, a lack of performance and consistency.

Geno we see now looks exactly like the Geno we say in 2013.  Despite the "weapons".

How Geno plays in Game #3 (and likely Game #4) could be the final work on his time in New York.  Two more performances like the first two weeks this preseason, and he could really get himself cut for Petty, especially if Petty continues to show marked improvement and that powerful arm.

4 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Maybe one Giant / Combined Super Thread for all conversation related to how bad Geno sucks, how he should be cut, and how bad he is hated by peers, coaches, and fans?

I merged yours. Hope this helps. 

53 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This is spot on.

We heard all offseason long about how Geno was enthusiastic.  How Geno was buying in.  How Geno was showing improvement.  How Geno was Developing.  How Geno would show us all he was better than Fitzpatrick.

Yet what we's seen through two preseason games is classic Geno Smith:  Unenthusiastic, uninspiring, poor play, turnover prone (both real INT's and numerous "advanced stats" woulda, coulda, shoulda been INT's).  And most of all, a lack of performance and consistency.

Geno we see now looks exactly like the Geno we say in 2013.  Despite the "weapons".

How Geno plays in Game #3 (and likely Game #4) could be the final work on his time in New York.  Two more performances like the first two weeks this preseason, and he could really get himself cut for Petty, especially if Petty continues to show marked improvement and that powerful arm.

Unbutton his pants, slides his left hand in, cracks open a brew and smiles .  

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Where are the geniuses that wanted Geno cut? With Petty dealing with an Injury do any of you really think this team is better off with Hack as a backup? I am a big Hack fan, but he is FAR from ready. 

I think Petty with one arm is better than Geno.

• 1 month later...

Don't care about Fitz! Or geno petty & Fitz are future. Fitz got his money! I can't wait til Sunday when ravens go after geno, watch him crap in his pants, Mike westoff in interview among other experts think won't do much!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Just now, mkajet01 said:

Don't care about Fitz! Or geno petty & Fitz are future. Fitz got his money! I can't wait til Sunday when ravens go after geno, watch him crap in his pants, Mike westoff in interview among other experts think won't do much!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

When he plays well and beats the Ravens will you go away.

19 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

It was CLEARLY the worst stretch ever. It's not just the turnovers it is that he was inacurate on almost every throw, consistently locked onto his target, worse than Geno, and made bad read after bad read. But of course he thinks,that command if the huddle is more important than performance

43 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It was CLEARLY the worst stretch ever. It's not just the turnovers it is that he was inacurate on almost every throw, consistently locked onto his target, worse than Geno, and made bad read after bad read. But of course he thinks,that command if the huddle is more important than performance

#Beard #Leadership

#PerformanceNotNecessary

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

#Beard #Leadership

#PerformanceNotNecessary

Still whining about Fitz?

Geno starts on Sunday.  It's a new world.

You got what you wanted, we lost badly, Geno backed into the job.

We're 1-5, bad, but not out.  If Geno is as good as you've said, we'll win alot of games and have a chance.

So lets win alot of games.  

Players on the pine are irrelevant now,  Geno is all that matters.

Archived