Cut Geno

johnnyjet

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

But the thing is that Geno didn't win ten games last season. And lead us to our best offense in years. We're not going by "ifs" you go by results. And that's the only reason Fitz started last season because he had success and won games. And was named the starter this year. The only thing in Bowles' agenda is winning games. And that's what you expect of fans, too. If Geno played great last year I'd be for him believe me. 

In the biggest game in years, 4th q, fitz choked big time.. If we had geno last yr we go 8-8 ? Select a better pick like tinsil ? Ok give me a time machine..

And fitz only will be giving the starting job if he signs " before " the start of camp.. If he comes late no guarantees..

16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

They named him the starter and they even got his locker ready. Do you know what they DONT have ready? His asking price. 

He's lowered it. We'll see what happens. I don't think his current asking price is too high at 1 year-12 mil. But he'll probably have to lower it more. From his perspective he has to play and start in 2016 to be able to get the kind of a contract he wants. 

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

In the biggest game in years, 4th q, fitz choked big time.. If we had geno last yr we go 8-8 ? Select a better pick like tinsil ? Ok give me a time machine..

And fitz only will be giving the starting job if he signs " before " the start of camp.. If he comes late no guarantees..

Me and you are on opposite sides of the fence, then. I'm not for tanking games to get higher draft picks. And for Tunsil? Come on the guy fell like a ton of bricks. Mac could have if he wanted to traded up for him. As for this discussion all you guys go back to is week 17. Again that game was not because of one player. There were a number of key plays in that game. If other guys had done their jobs we would have won. If no 3 picks we would have won, too. 

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He's lowered it. We'll see what happens. I don't think his current asking price is too high at 1 year-12 mil. But he'll probably have to lower it. From his perspective he has to play and start in 2016 to be able to get the kind of a contract he wants. 

Fitz lowered his asking price, but obviously not low enough. You dont think his asking price is too high, and I respect that, but you my friend are not Mike Maccagnan...the guy who has shown through action that he thinks the price is too high. 

Fitz had a nice season last year, but the way Jets fans are flipping out over Fitzpatrick is ridiculous. Luckily our GM is Macc and not Tanny because Tanny would have sold the farm to get this guy back, and if Fitz history is correct we would have regretted selling the farm. 

No matter what Macc said, what you also should take into consideration is what the Jets have done as well, and I dont mean not paying him, more so their contentment with moving forward with Geno Smith if need be rather than paying that price tag.

Im more interested in seeing what Geno has to offer with this team than I am watching the Jets pay Fitz 10+ million or whatever he's lowered his price to. The Jets are not going to break from their position and if Fitz is going to be the QB here it will start by him accepting what they offer. My only problem with this entire situation is that if they resign Fitz and Geno looks better during camp/preseason I will have a problem with the Jets starting Fitz simply because they used a PR statement just to get him to sign. 

The guy isnt head/shoulders better than Geno Smith, and his nice performance against arguably the easiest schedule last season while putting up a dud in week 17 hasnt convinced me of anything heading into this season with this schedule. 

Paying Fitzpatrick that type of money is like saying that FItzpatrick is the answer. I dont even think that "you" believe that one. 

Give the young guy a shot in his contract year and not waste potential in order to pay a bridge QB that you know damn well isnt the answer. 

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Fitz lowered his asking price, but obviously not low enough. You dont think his asking price is too high, and I respect that, but you my friend are not Mike Maccagnan...the guy who has shown through action that he thinks the price is too high. 

Fitz had a nice season last year, but the way Jets fans are flipping out over Fitzpatrick is ridiculous. Luckily our GM is Macc and not Tanny because Tanny would have sold the farm to get this guy back, and if Fitz history is correct we would have regretted selling the farm. 

No matter what Macc said, what you also should take into consideration is what the Jets have done as well, and I dont mean not paying him, more so their contentment with moving forward with Geno Smith. 

Im more interested in seeing what Geno has to offer with this team than I am watching the Jets pay Fitz 10+ million or whatever he's lowered his price to. The Jets are not going to break from their position and if Fitz is going to be the QB here it will start by him accepting what they offer. My only problem with this entire situation is that if they resign Fitz and Geno looks better during camp/preseason I will have a problem with the Jets starting Fitz simply because they used a PR statement just to get him to sign. 

The guy isnt head/shoulders better than Geno Smith, and his nice performance against arguably the easiest schedule last season while putting up a dud in week 17 hasnt convinced me of anything heading into this season with this schedule. 

Paying Fitzpatrick that type of money is like saying that FItzpatrick is the answer. I dont even think that "you" believe that one. 

Give the young guy a shot in his contract year and not waste potential in order to pay a bridge QB that you know damn well isnt the answer. 

There is no way I start Geno Smith. He hasn't earned the job. 2016 is a season you try and go for it!  You do not use it as a try out for players, you go with your best guys. We had a good year in 2015 and won enough games to make the playoffs. We lost in Buff to a decent Bills team on week 17. The team came out flat but did stay in the game until the last 15 seconds. 2017 and 2018 could end up being the rebuilding years and we could end up losing vet players maybe even Marshall. Again no more ifs or maybes you give it your best shot and go with what worked,

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

There is no way I start Geno Smith. He hasn't earned the job. 2016 is a season you try and go for it!  You do not use it as a try out for players, you go with your best guys. We had a good year in 2015 and won enough games to make the playoffs. We lost in Buff to a decent Bills team on week 17. The team came out flat but did stay in the game until the last 15 seconds. 2017 and 2018 could end up being the rebuilding years and we could end up losing vet players maybe even Marshall. 

Obviously he's earned it. Your feelings and the Jets actions are contrary. You say that he hasnt earned it, okay, when did Fitz earn it? It sure as hell wasnt in preseason/TC. It was as the season progressed and he built chemistry and the schedule ended up being arguably the easiest in Jets history. Geno earned it by being the "next guy up". Nothing wrong with that, especially when the only reason why Fitz became starter was because of a punch and he ran with it. Thats what a QB is supposed to do. Well, Geno is in prime position to "run with this". Whats the problem? 

Obviously Fitz didnt do enough as the QB last season in order to not have this go on the way it has. I'll even agree with you on your "you dont use it as a try out for players" statement. So I will say this, Geno Smith is the best quarterback on our team...so he's the starter. 

We didnt have a good year in 2015, we had a better year than the year before. However, when you have full control of your destiny heading into week 17 for a playoff spot and you end up getting swept by a rival team on the season with your QB averaging 44% comp. during those games while throwing 5 INT's total in those 2 meetings, you begin to understand his level of responsibility in the outcome. 

Fitz isnt the answer, he's a bridge QB and the Jets are treating him as one with their offer. Im not going to argue with Macc on that one. 

Your feelings are valid because they're yours. I prefer to have Mike Glennon over both Fitz and Geno, that didnt happen, so the next best option is Geno. If we cant get Geno then the next best option is Fitz. IF Fitz can have a nice season in his 11th season then I cant put it past Geno to have a nice season with this squad. 

Fitz wont get us to the playoffs, he's never done it and he actually has a full career. I'd rather take Geno's potential on this one and spend that money elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Obviously he's earned it. Your feelings and the Jets actions are contrary. You say that he hasnt earned it, okay, when did Fitz earn it? It sure as hell wasnt in preseason/TC. It was as the season progressed and he built chemistry and the schedule ended up being arguably the easiest in Jets history. Geno earned it by being the "next guy up". Nothing wrong with that, especially when the only reason why Fitz became starter was because of a punch and he ran with it. Thats what a QB is supposed to do. Well, Geno is in prime position to "run with this". Whats the problem? 

Obviously Fitz didnt do enough as the QB last season in order to not have this go on the way it has. I'll even agree with you on your "you dont use it as a try out for players" statement. So I will say this, Geno Smith is the best quarterback on our team...so he's the starter. 

We didnt have a good year in 2015, we had a better year than the year before. However, when you have full control of your destiny heading into week 17 for a playoff spot and you end up getting swept by a rival team on the season with your QB averaging 44% comp. during those games while throwing 5 INT's total in those 2 meetings, you begin to understand his level of responsibility in the outcome. 

Fitz isnt the answer, he's a bridge QB and the Jets are treating him as one with their offer. Im not going to argue with Macc on that one. 

Your feelings are valid because they're yours. I prefer to have Mike Glennon over both Fitz and Geno, that didnt happen, so the next best option is Geno. If we cant get Geno then the next best option is Fitz. IF Fitz can have a nice season in his 11th season then I cant put it past Geno to have a nice season with this squad. 

Fitz wont get us to the playoffs, he's never done it and he actually has a full career. I'd rather take Geno's potential on this one and spend that money elsewhere.

First we did have a good season last year and the best offense we've seen in years. I don't see how you can deny this but go ahead. Geno had 29 starts which is a lot and he hasn't shown potential. If you want to go by strength of schedule then his 8 Ws in 2013 were against bad teams. Fitz actually played well for Houston in 2014 and has 105 starts in the NFL. You're assuming he won't play well in 2016 even after he did play well the previous 2 years. Your percentage chances of him being efficient in this offense are much higher than Geno's because he did it. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

First we did have a good season last year and the best offense we've seen in years. I don't see how you can deny this but go ahead. Geno had 29 starts which is a lot and hasn't shown potential. If you want go on by strength of schedule then his 8 Ws in 2013 were against bad teams. Fitz actually played well for Houston in 2014 and has 105 starts in the NFL. You're assuming he won't play well in 2016 even after he did play well the previous 2 years. Your percentage chances of him being efficient in this offense are much higher than Geno's because he did it. 

Having the best season we've seen in years doesnt make it a good season in my eyes based on the situation. We played a poor schedule and lost a game that would have given us a playoff spot. 

We had a better season than we've had in years, thats true, but im not overhyping the season while at the same time making it seem like the sole difference was Ryan Fitzpatrick. This is where we always differ. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Having the best season we've seen in years doesnt make it a good season in my eyes based on the situation. We played a poor schedule and lost a game that would have given us a playoff spot. 

We had a better season than we've had in years, thats true, but im not overhyping the season while at the same time making it seem like the sole difference was Ryan Fitzpatrick. This is where we always differ. 

You don't go with Geno because you want to see what he will do. Unless you consider this as a rebuilding year and you're willing to lose. To me we have more talent than that. And can contend for a playoff spot. So I'm not for writing out 2016. The exact opposite because this could be our best year to compete. It was pretty obvious that Fitz could efficiently run this offense. Even if he was just a basic game manager last season it worked. But imo he was better than that. 

13 minutes ago, peebag said:

Imagine if you will, Ryan Fitzpatrick is the Jets opening day starter in 2017.

That thought sends shivers down my spine.

THAT would suck.  If one of these young guys can't unseat him by then, might have to draft another QB in the top 2 rounds.

On 7/14/2016 at 11:30 AM, fltflo said:

12 million for Fitz with his market appeal is damn outrageous. I understand you start high and settle lower when negotiating, but in reality he is worth what the market says he worth. Which is some what closer to his original backup deal with the club.

We all must recognize that no one is kicking Fitz's door down (at this time) to offer him a better deal, to not sign with the Jets.

At some point very soon one side or the other will have settle or move on. Training camp opens in two weeks, if Geno is getting all the reps with the ones, do you dump him for a player who has been M.I.A all thru the offseason program.

At some point the team needs to commit to Geno and bring in another veteran who can push Geno further and be a solid backup if needed. Plus this could be done at a max of five million between both QB's Geno's one plus four or less for the backup.

Then they could get serious about signing Wilkerson or maybe some other solid player of need who might become available during camp.

The reason upping the offer is a contradiction is that the initial offer on the table was made when there were potentially a number of other teams - including a pair of 2015 playoff teams - looking for an immediate starting QB. It was an offer meant to outbid everyone else. All those offers have since disappeared, and since he has not accepted what was and is the top offer (and effectively, the only offer), if negotiating dispassionately the proper move is to drop the offer not raise it. The Jets have done the classy thing by leaving it as is, and because this is a PR industry of sorts - where his compensation is a matter of public record - have effectively been generous. 

I doubt they're serious about signing Wilkerson. Could happen, but I think they like Sheldon better and can only keep one long-term. When they drafted Williams, that just sealed it for good (unless Mo's demands unexpectedly went down). This is one I don't like how he's played. Either keep him and lock him up long term, or trade him while you can get something. Long term there is a high probability we end up with no draft pick in return, and in exchange for lost pick(s) we could have had we'll get two seasons of non-playoff appearances and $23M less in cap space to use on others. Not to mention a full spring of 2016 where, even though he was unsigned, since he was tagged we still had to keep his cap space unused in case he did. We could have gotten more last year when he had another team option year at some $7M left on his rookie contract. Makes him more attractive for another team. He overplayed his hand this year, believing that at least one team would surely either offer up a 1st rounder outright, or that Mo would carry the weight of a 1st rounder in trade. Neither materialized. 

48 minutes ago, peebag said:

It's a real possibility, if he comes back for 2016, I don't see Petty or Hack unseating him in 2017 either. That's why he wants to get paid like a starter for two years and not one.

50 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You don't go with Geno because you want to see what he will do. Unless you consider this as a rebuilding year and you're willing to lose. To me we have more talent than that. And can contend for a playoff spot. So I'm not for writing out 2016. The exact opposite because this could be our best year to compete. It was pretty obvious that Fitz could efficiently run this offense. Even if he was just a basic game manager last season it worked. But imo he was better than that. 

If we have "more talent than that" then starting Geno Smith wouldnt/shouldnt be considered a rebuilding year. Lets get real here, Geno Smith was the starter last year and Fitz was brought in as a back up, violence from a teammate that was immediately released changed that outcome. If Fitz was that far better a QB then his current situation wouldnt exist, yet it does. 

It wasnt considered a rebuilding season last year was it? It was obvious that Fitz could efficiently run this offense for as long as the other team scored 17 or less points. When the opposition scored 20 points we had to go to overtime in order to win, if the opposition scored 21 or more points the team was 1-6 in those games. 

The fact that you figure that "even with a basic game manager last season would have worked" then Geno starting shouldnt be a problem. I would also conclude that having a basic game manager is what we had in Ryan Fitzpatrick. Games that required us to put up more than the oppositions 21 or more points we had a 1-6 record in. What would you call that honestly? And please, when you respond answer that question. 

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

He's lowered it. We'll see what happens. I don't think his current asking price is too high at 1 year-12 mil. But he'll probably have to lower it more. From his perspective he has to play and start in 2016 to be able to get the kind of a contract he wants. 

If he's making for one year/$12 million and no team is willing to give it to him, then his asking price is too high.

9 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

If he's making for one year/$12 million and no team is willing to give it to him, then his asking price is too high.

12 million for Ryan Fitzpatrick's entire career is too high.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

AND, if Fitz doesnt make his epic Jets return come training camp begins this will be the 4th team that he was "one and done" with including his 3rd in a row. 

What kills me the most about this Joe is that if Geno had the exact same results as Fitz last year the word on the street would have been "The weaponz carried Geno to that 10-6 record last season, yet as soon as we needed Geno to step up he threw 3 picks in the 4th qtr of the buffalo game. He's terrible and blew it with a playoff caliber team and the easiest schedule we've probably ever seen the Jets have". 

Switch the name to Fitzpatrick, and what we see is that this guy is somehow a saint. Pure emotions and favoritism my friend. Nothing more than a popularity contest. 

Not a very logical argument. Switch the name to Sanchez who in his rookie year led the Jets to within 1 game of the Super Bowl. Following year again made the playoffs. Even ousted the dreaded Patriots in a classic playoff game. Yet, for all his accomplishments he remains a has been.  Even if Fitz or Douchebag gets to the playoffs, it takes more for a team to rise to the next level.  Fitz is no Marino or Fouts or countless other great QB's who had impressive skill sets yet won squat. What Fitz is 'right now' is the best option for the Jets to move forward and have a respectable chance to compete given the overall talent on this team.  He has enough, like a Brad Johnson,a Trent Dilfer, to be that leader which gives the team the opportunity a fighting chance. 

13 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Not a very logical argument. Switch the name to Sanchez who in his rookie year led the Jets to within 1 game of the Super Bowl. Following year again made the playoffs. Even ousted the dreaded Patriots in a classic playoff game. Yet, for all his accomplishments he remains a has been.  Even if Fitz or Douchebag gets to the playoffs, it takes more for a team to rise to the next level.  Fitz is no Marino or Fouts or countless other great QB's who had impressive skill sets yet won squat. What Fitz is 'right now' is the best option for the Jets to move forward and have a respectable chance to compete given the overall talent on this team.  He has enough, like a Brad Johnson,a Trent Dilfer, to be that leader which gives the team the opportunity a fighting chance. 

Of course the argument isnt logical, im exposing illogical points of view by Jets fans. 

"Even if Fitz or douchebag" is precisely my point, and thats coming from a guy who says that "he doesnt care if Geno was the MVP of the league". the illogical, irrational point of view is the reason why the argument even exist. 

2 hours ago, peebag said:

That's exactly why Fitz refuses to sign the contract. It's a real possibility he would be the starter in 2017 as well. Petty or Hack may not be ready and the FO may refuse to stick their necks out and start either of those kids because there's still a learning curve. Mac has to offer Fitz a one year deal or sweeten year 2 or 3 of that contract based on the possibility that Fitz starts in 2017. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Of course the argument isnt logical, im exposing illogical points of view by Jets fans. 

"Even if Fitz or douchebag" is precisely my point, and thats coming from a guy who says that "he doesnt care if Geno was the MVP of the league". the illogical, irrational point of view is the reason why the argument even exist. 

Your illogical logic is illogical ?  Again, Geno Smith will NOT be on this team in 2017. Get some glasses and see the writing on the wall.  Read between the lines.  Mac has made moves, made statements which  have made it clear that Geno is NOT the future of this team.  He has a one year visa left in the NFL and is only being given a consideration, why is beyond me, because he's super cheap and we just don't have any better option.....until Fitz signs that is ?

Just now, Powpow said:

Your illogical logic is illogical ?  Again, Geno Smith will NOT be on this team in 2017. Get some glasses and see the writing on the wall.  Read between the lines.  Mac has made moves, made statements which  have made it clear that Geno is NOT the future of this team.  He has a one year visa left in the NFL and is only being given a consideration, why is beyond me, because he's super cheap and we just don't have any better option.....until Fitz signs that is ?

Making predictions and stating them as certainties is illogical. Making the statement that you just made a couple days ago then trying to approach me about illogical arguments is funny. I have glasses, but I took them off given what I seen written on the wall by you. 

I cant really take your position right now seriously knowing what you've been saying this week....especially when you use the word "logic". You're still my guy though! 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Making predictions and stating them as certainties is illogical. Making the statement that you just made a couple days ago then trying to approach me about illogical arguments is funny. I have glasses, but I took them off given what I seen written on the wall by you. 

I cant really take your position right now seriously knowing what you've been saying this week....especially when you use the word "logic". You're still my guy though! 

Cool BUT understand I am not a Geno fan regardless of whatever accomplishments he may have or potentially can draw out of his feeble minded persona. Hence the statement, I don't care if he's the MVP or sh*ts the house, I don't like him nor do I believe he will EVER lead this team to anything or anywhere mildly resembling 'a team with a genuine shot'.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out in 2017 Geno, but it probably will. 

With respect, you don't pay backup QB's 12 million a year. Our HC proclaiming him the starter at the end of last season has not helped the situation either.

If Bowels was smart he would have said something like, " we will go into TC with Fitz at number 1, but all jobs will be open to competition. Best results coming out of TC will start at all positions including QB."

Anointing Fitz as the starter after some of his poorer performances last season was huge mistake and may have a lot to do with the salary demands by Fitz camp.

. It was pretty obvious that Fitz could efficiently run this offense. Even if he was just a basic game manager last season it worked. But imo he was better than that. 

How did it work, we did not make the playoffs with the softest schedule in the NFL last season.

1 minute ago, fltflo said:

With respect, you don't pay backup QB's 12 million a year. Our HC proclaiming him the starter at the end of last season has not helped the situation either.

If Bowels was smart he would have said something like, " we will go into TC with Fitz at number 1, but all jobs will be open to competition. Best results coming out of TC will start at all positions including QB."

Anointing Fitz as the starter after some of his poorer performances last season was huge mistake and may have a lot to do with the salary demands by Fitz camp.

Bowles is smart. He won 10 games as a rookie coach. And Fitz is not a backup Qb. He started all of our games last year and there was no intention to have a Qb competition for 2016. No need for Bowles to play games here.

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Bowles is smart. He won 10 games as a rookie coach. And Fitz is not a backup Qb. He started all of our games last year and there was no intention to have a Qb competition for 2016. No need for Bowles to play games here.

He won 10 games with an easy schedule hope he knows Fitzpatrick isn't your guy to go to war with when times are tough. 

1 hour ago, Powpow said:

Cool BUT understand I am not a Geno fan regardless of whatever accomplishments he may have or potentially can draw out of his feeble minded persona. Hence the statement, I don't care if he's the MVP or sh*ts the house, I don't like him nor do I believe he will EVER lead this team to anything or anywhere mildly resembling 'a team with a genuine shot'.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out in 2017 Geno, but it probably will. 

Its not about fandom, its about logic. You responded to me saying that the argument wasnt logical, you must understand how im looking at that based on you illogical stance on the matter to begin with. 

Just sayin'

45 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He won 10 games with an easy schedule hope he knows Fitzpatrick isn't your guy to go to war with when times are tough. 

He must be dumb then because he started him all 16 games last year and named him 2016 starter. And I guess this means that Revis, Marshall, Decker, Mangold, Colon etc are stupid, too. Because they think with Fitz we can make the playoffs this year. The easy schedule excuse (for winning) doesn't come into play. There are no asterisks (unless you guys want to make them and that would be no big surprise to me) and I'll take almost losses any day. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He must be dumb then because he started him all 16 games last year and named him 2016 starter. And I guess this means that Revis, Marshall, Decker, Mangold, Colon etc are stupid, too. Because they think with Fitz we can make the playoffs this year. The easy schedule excuse (for winning) doesn't come into play. There are no asterisks (unless you guys want to make them and that would be no big surprise to me) and I'll take almost losses any day. 

If Fitzpatrick returns we shall see................

21 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

There is no such thing as an easy schedule in the NFL. Bad teams beat good/fair teams all the time.  Fitz played extremely well for the majority of the season and always kept us in the game.  It's a team sport and he did his part yet so many of you ingrates here continue to labor these petty points that discredit what he accomplished.  He stepped up from a back up role after recovering from a broken leg, made his teammates better, had the best season of his career and came within an eyelash of making the playoffs under a rookie head coach and GM. He ranked 12th on ESPN QB rating at 63.6. Some scrub named Brady ranked 11th at 64.4 . 11 teams won 10 or more games and the Jets were the only one of those 11 to not get in. The Texans and Redskins won 9 and were in. It happens like that sometimes. The 2015 Jet season was heads and tails more entertaining and met higher expectations than anyone could have anticipated.  Yet all you finger pointing peckers see is the glass half full.  Fitz has done and exceeded what he was brought here to do.....and Mac knows Fitz is the Jets best option until he can find his franchise QB. See you in 2 weeks Fitz!

5 hours ago, Powpow said:

There is no such thing as an easy schedule in the NFL. 

This is just not true.  There's a difference in playing the AFC South than playing the AFC North.  There's a difference in playing the last place team in the other two AFC divisions than playing the first place team.  We were gifted last year.  We played the two worst divisions in the league with the AFC South and the NFC East.  Also played last place teams from the AFC North and West.  By definition an easy schedule should have the Jets 2015 schedule as an example next to it.  I do believe in any given sunday but when you look at the schedule as a whole then let's be real.

4 hours ago, BallinPB said:

This is just not true.  There's a difference in playing the AFC South than playing the AFC North.  There's a difference in playing the last place team in the other two AFC divisions than playing the first place team.  We were gifted last year.  We played the two worst divisions in the league with the AFC South and the NFC East.  Also played last place teams from the AFC North and West.  By definition an easy schedule should have the Jets 2015 schedule as an example next to it.  I do believe in any given sunday but when you look at the schedule as a whole then let's be real.

Tell that to the Pats who lost home field advantage losing to the Fins AND Eagles, 2 teams they should have trampled over. They beat some very good teams and lost to both those scrubs. Losing home field cost them dearly in the playoffs. If you're an elite team you win the games you need to win despite strength of schedule. Shocking the Pats lost to the Fins and equally shocking we got swept by the Bills. Still we played over our heads with a journeyman QB. It was a surprising ride that unfortunately fell just short. 

On July 15, 2016 at 3:14 PM, Rangers9 said:

Please find the articles where any of these players say the Jets will make the playoffs with Fitz, more to the point find an article that even hints they won't make the playoffs if Geno is the QB. 

Hige difference

I have been thinking about this whole Fritz versus Geno controversy the last couple of days. It occurs to me that both sides will have an opportunity to see their quarterbacks play.

The Jets are certainly not going to cut Geno if Fitz comes back and wins the starting job,Geno will be the back up quarterback.

With the schedule we are facing this year the likelihood of Fitz getting hurt and being out for an extended period are high. Face it folks defenses are going to know the game plan,they know FItz's weaknesses from the games he played against the Bills and Philadelphia.

At some point Fitz is going to take off and get really leveled and either be done for a few games or for the whole year.

In that case in comes Geno, if he plays as many here expect him to play, even if Fitz comes back ,the odds of him getting his job back are quite small. So please don't start with the "can't lose his job due to injury", as that when out the window last year, With the sucker punched Geno took last year to his jaw.

So both sides may get a chance to see who is the better quarterback with the talent we now have on this team

Archived