Jets OTAs June 8th.

Villain The Foe

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

To be fair, not sure he did it a lot, it seems more like the same tweet has been posted here several times.

If that's the case, I stand down.  Thanks.

18 minutes ago, cant wait said:

He's going to need some time to get his mechanics and footwork straightened out, so give him some time to develop. It sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders so hopefully he will learn fast but he needs reps. not like it's going to keep certain individuals from whining about this pick for the next couple years, but thankfully the adults are running the show now 

16 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

It's probably going to take more than 6 days to fix his mechanics. 

Yeah, I have no issue with giving the kid time to correct stuff.  Just seems that we keep hearing about him missing high. QBs who miss high have always bothered me.  They're a nightmare.

3. POSITIVES FOR PAXTON LYNCH, EVEN WITH THE THREES.

His ability to throw on the run is one of the qualities that led the Broncos to take him in the first round. But what is notable is that he is equally effective throwing while rolling to the left as he is to the right, a balance that eluded Brock Osweiler on similar plays over his years of development in Denver.

One play after hitting Henry Krieger-Cobleicon-article-link.gif on a gorgeous 25-yard pass up the left sideline, Lynch rolled left under pressure and found DeVier Poseyicon-article-link.gif open in space, delivering a strike that was never in doubt from the moment it left his right hand.

Although Lynch was with the third team, he received the only "move-the-ball" work of practice, guiding the No. 3 offense to a touchdown against the No. 3 defense.

"I think Paxton did some really good stuff. He took the young kids down the field at the end of practice," Kubiak said.

After just missing on a deep attempt up the right sideline to Mose Fraziericon-article-link.gif, Lynch located Khalif Raymond underneath coverage down the left side of the field outside the numbers, setting up a long catch-and-run for the Holy Cross speedster.

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

His ability to throw on the run is one of the qualities that led the Broncos to take him in the first round. But what is notable is that he is equally effective throwing while rolling to the left as he is to the right, a balance that eluded Brock Osweiler on similar plays over his years of development in Denver.

One play after hitting Henry Krieger-Cobleicon-article-link.gif on a gorgeous 25-yard pass up the left sideline, Lynch rolled left under pressure and found DeVier Poseyicon-article-link.gif open in space, delivering a strike that was never in doubt from the moment it left his right hand.

Although Lynch was with the third team, he received the only "move-the-ball" work of practice, guiding the No. 3 offense to a touchdown against the No. 3 defense.

"I think Paxton did some really good stuff. He took the young kids down the field at the end of practice," Kubiak said.

After just missing on a deep attempt up the right sideline to Mose Fraziericon-article-link.gif, Lynch located Khalif Raymond underneath coverage down the left side of the field outside the numbers, setting up a long catch-and-run for the Holy Cross speedster.

Yeah, but can he back up Erin Henderson? 

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

It's probably going to take more than 6 days to fix his mechanics. 

Damn Jet fans and their excuses.  Cut Hack, Petty and Geno now!  POS players.

Pay Fitz and sign any of his relatives with a beard to back him up.

35 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

did we draft lynch.  oh, that's right you wanted lynch instead of hack.  i think we get it now

50 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well there it is, Lynch is going to the HOF and Hackenberg is going to bust

Thanks for the insight.

55 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is really worthless stuff, but not surprised you chose to harp on it given your limited ability to assess QB play. I remember you going on and on about how russell wilson didn't deserve to get paid that contract by the seahawks too :lol:

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

and you're posting this why? The Jets reportedly had a 3rd round grade on Lynch.  You wanted them to draft him with the 20th overall pick with a 3rd round grade?  Cmon Beer, you're better than that.

Because Maccagnan spent a 2 on Hackenberg, Jets fans are going to have to deal with Paxton Lynch discussions until they die and, if he's good and Hackenberg is Hackenberg, Maccagnan will end up being Idzik's manservant in Jacksonville.

Because Maccagnan spent a 2 on Hackenberg, Jets fans are going to have to deal with Paxton Lynch discussions until they die and, if he's good and Hackenberg is Hackenberg, Maccagnan will end up being Idzik's manservant in Jacksonville.

Come on TS, the Jets always nail their 2nd round picks.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, but can he back up Erin Henderson? 

Couldn't believe the Jets passed on Lynch in that spot.  I honestly thought (and saw it predicted in some other places) that the Broncos were going to leapfrog the Jets to grab him.  No way he's not a franchise QB given the way things unfolded.

5 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Hack overthrowing balls keeps popping up.  I hate that.  It was a problem for him at PSU too.  Please tell me this kid is not going to be an INT machine.

I agree. It bothers me that he played QB in HS, QB in college. The field is still the same. How did he get by with bad accuracy?

How did he make it all the way to the pros and sign a $4.66M contract if he can't make routine throws?  ˘\_("/)_/˘

Christian Hackenberg reportedly looking unimpressive at Jets OTAs

June 5, 2016 by Grey Papke

If you were still thinking that Christian Hackenberg might be an option for the New York Jets if Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn’t work out, it’s probably time to let go of that notion.

According to ESPN’s Rich Cimini, Hackenberg has looked “like a typical rookie” during OTAs thus far – that is to say sloppy and inexperienced. Cimini describes his footwork as “robotic” and said his passes are prone to missing high and being inaccurate. Cimini goes on to describe one workout where Hackenberg twice threw over the head of his tight end on 15-yard pass attempts with no defense on the field.

Coach Todd Bowles isn’t worried about his rookie.

“Right now I expect him to look sloppy because he’s seeing a whole boat load of defenses that are coming at him daily, and there’s going to be a growth period,” Bowles said.

Cimini notes that second-year quarterback Bryce Petty hasn’t looked a whole lot better, so he doesn’t appear to be an option either.

So that leaves Geno Smith, who is currently penciled in as the team’s starter. With all this in mind, perhaps the Jets should reconsider whether they really want to move on from their pursuit of Ryan Fitzpatrick – or maybe consider an option such as this to supplant Smith as the team’s starter.

8 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

At this point, I think I could throw a TD to B-Marsh. What a steal last off season.

Pretty sure that's a compliment to Hackenberg for precisely placing the ball where only Marshall can get it.

17 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Pretty sure that's a compliment to Hackenberg for precisely placing the ball where only Marshall can get it.

You must be lots of fun at parties, just sucking the good times out of everything. My comment obviously went over your head, much like most of Hackenberg's passes would. 

Damn, been waiting all week for the OTA open to the media and was too busy to check in.  So sorry of this had already been mentioned/questioned.

What context is this Marshall quote in?...

Jets WR Brandon Marshall can't resist tweaking his old Bears QB, Jay Cutler. Speaking about how backup QBs still can be leaders, Marshall said: "I always say quarterbacks are like CEOs. When I was in Chicago, Josh McCown was great at that. He really was our leader -- " Marshall stopped himself, acknowledging he may have just created a headline. Frankly, his abrupt stop came off as fake. Pretending to take a more diplomatic tact, he continued: "Josh McCown did a great job of galvanizing the group, but he was the No. 2 guy and guys respected that."

Like how did the subject of backups come into play?  Sounds like he's saying one of two things to me:

1. That Geno is the backup, but also a team leader.
  2. Or that Fitz is the backup and he can still be a good leader while Geno starts.

8 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Damn, been waiting all week for the OTA open to the media and was too busy to check in.  So sorry of this had already been mentioned/questioned.

What context is this Marshall quote in?...

Jets WR Brandon Marshall can't resist tweaking his old Bears QB, Jay Cutler. Speaking about how backup QBs still can be leaders, Marshall said: "I always say quarterbacks are like CEOs. When I was in Chicago, Josh McCown was great at that. He really was our leader -- " Marshall stopped himself, acknowledging he may have just created a headline. Frankly, his abrupt stop came off as fake. Pretending to take a more diplomatic tact, he continued: "Josh McCown did a great job of galvanizing the group, but he was the No. 2 guy and guys respected that."

Like how did the subject of backups come into play?  Sounds like he's saying one of two things to me:

1. That Geno is the backup, but also a team leader.
  2. Or that Fitz is the backup and he can still be a good leader while Geno starts.

Geno was on Brandon for his body language, and Marshall didn't like it until he realized he was right. Just because he didn't feel well didn't mean he had to show it.  

17 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah, same excuse as always, 'voluntary' and yet guys like Mangold and Marshall, true pros are out there getting ready, bonding with younger guys.  A guy that has started to be a head ache for the team decides to take a pass.  And there appears to be a history of the guys running the team not being happy with no shows at times.  Rumor had it that one reason kerley was in the dog house early was due to this last year.

Most of Genos mind blowing errors are totally independant of the quality of players he is facing.

Sheldon must be pulling a Decker protest..... Sheldon wants Mo signed... or else!!

:sarc:

He seems to be a very selfish, self-centered individual.

Heaven help us when he gets a big contract. Better load that contract up with incentives and bonuses related to attendance. 

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I hoped to God we didnt miss another franchise QB when we didnt draft Lynch.

I dont think so. I never liked his tape. He could develop into something, no one knows for sure. 

I havent been impressed by what I've been hearing about Hackenberg I'll say that much. 

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont think so. I never liked his tape. He could develop into something, no one knows for sure. 

I havent been impressed by what I've been hearing about Hackenberg I'll say that much. 

I would of much rather the Jets took Hogan or Connor Cook.

Hogan especially, since only thing that was messed up with him was his throwing mechanics, but other than that he knows how to read defenses, audible and can make almost every throw

cook ran a pro style offense and was good at it also.

10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Sheldon must be pulling a Decker protest..... Sheldon wants Mo signed... or else!!

:sarc:

He seems to be a very selfish, self-centered individual.

Heaven help us when he gets a big contract. Better load that contract up with incentives and bonuses related to attendance. 

Sheldon does nothing but produce for the Jets. Every Jets fans felt the same way until his offseason situation last year. Suddenly fans portray him as some sort of problem. 

Has Richardson ever missed a mandatory day? OTA's are voluntary. RIchardson has been saying since 2014 that the jets should pay Mo Wilkerson. That doesnt sound selfish to me. 

3 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

I would of much rather the Jets took Hogan or Connor Cook.

Hogan especially, since only thing that was messed up with him was his throwing mechanics, but other than that he knows how to read defenses, audible and can make almost every throw

cook ran a pro style offense and was good at it also.

I agree. Wasnt really high on Cook, but given where he was actually drafted I would have understood taking the chance. I most definitely wanted Kevin Hogan though. 

I dont dislike the Hackenberg pick as much as the Petty pick. Well, I shouldnt say "dislike", I should say that I didnt care for the Petty pick because I never seen anything impressive. I can atleast say that Hack has some potential. With that said though, I would have drafted the kid from Stanford for sure and used that 2nd round pick elsewhere. 

42 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I agree. Wasnt really high on Cook, but given where he was actually drafted I would have understood taking the chance. I most definitely wanted Kevin Hogan though. 

I dont dislike the Hackenberg pick as much as the Petty pick. Well, I shouldnt say "dislike", I should say that I didnt care for the Petty pick because I never seen anything impressive. I can atleast say that Hack has some potential. With that said though, I would have drafted the kid from Stanford for sure and used that 2nd round pick elsewhere. 

Agreed, The thing about Hackenbeeg that concerns me is, that accuracy can't be teached. He has a rocket arm but can't even throw the ball over the middle or a simple running back screen, going into the NFL! That's stuff that even kids in high school can do, sadly i believe once again, In a draft with 3 or 4 guys that could become good starting quarterbacks, the jets once again picked the egg

Archived