Congratulations Cleveland!!!

Charlie Brown

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Best player of all time is definitely subjective, especially when comparing different positions. Jordan's obviously the best 2 guard ever, without question. But if someone said Kareem or whatever it wouldnt be crazy.

Kareem would be crazy. It's LeBron and Magic and then like ten guys in whatever order.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/20/2016 at 3:00 PM, Warfish said:

MJ played against super stars.

The "King" plays in an era that will, in the history books, be known as the "Star Free Chump Era".  

There are more legitimate super stars in Heavyweight boxing today than there is the elite-star-free NBA.

LMFAO, that's a huge exaggeration 

57 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Because Miss Lonelyhearts is crazy.

I dont know. I kind of threw Kareem out there without looking else much up. I wouldnt be upset at LeBron...Magic I've always considered top 10, best of all time though idk. Wilt would have probably been a better answer I guess. The Admiral is the guy who gets criminally underrated imo.

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I dont know. I kind of threw Kareem out there without looking else much up. I wouldnt be upset at LeBron...Magic I've always considered top 10, best of all time though idk. Wilt would have probably been a better answer I guess. The Admiral is the guy who gets criminally underrated imo.

I think Robinson was a tad overrated, still great but I wouldn't put him anywhere near a greatest of all time discussion.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yes. Wilt would have been better and Robinson is definitely way up there. It's dicey with incomplete stats for the old guys but with Harlem, Robinson, and Shaq in the modern era I have a hard time putting Kareem or Russell or whoever seriously in the GOAT conversation.

None of those guys could stop Kareem, he had the unstoppable shot.  No one could guard him.

as big as Shaq was he never would have stopped Kareem, now Kareem wouldn't have stopped Shaq either but he would have had a better chance.

as far as Wilt goes, I don't know how great he was or was it he was just so much bigger in his era.  

21 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Tim Duncan is underrated all time. 

6 hours ago, HessStation said:

You're totally ****kng stoned. Your posts hurt my eyes they're so wrong. Pippen was an all star, NOT a HOFer without Jordan. Grant and Rodman were role players. If anyone was a created, marketed star it was Rodman for being a solid contributor on two different, great all time teams and a bunch of tattoos and a drug problem.  

Also, if it was all about trophies he could of had Hakeem's two and probably another after 6 if that's all he wanted. 

I agree with the general supporting cast argument, but.. how ******* good are Chris Bosch and his neck really?  Rodman was WAY ******* better than you are giving him credit, at least with the Pistons. He became a total sideshow and his bullsh*t rebounding celebrity sh*t was out of control, but his D was a HUGE part of that Bad Boys dynasty.  A sh*tload more than that hack Laimbeer or Rick Mahorn.  Guy was a true shutdown defender and that was pretty big when trying to get around Bird, Dominique, the Bulls and the rest.

54 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

None of those guys could stop Kareem, he had the unstoppable shot.  No one could guard him.

as big as Shaq was he never would have stopped Kareem, now Kareem wouldn't have stopped Shaq either but he would have had a better chance.

as far as Wilt goes, I don't know how great he was or was it he was just so much bigger in his era.  

Wilt was that ******* great.  He was probably half washed up by the time I remember him and he was better than Kareem and Shaq.

44 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Tim Duncan is underrated all time. 

Cause he plays like a nerd.

42 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Me too. Like, What if Ewing had Duncan.

He'd have kept hogging the ball like he did in '99.  Took the ******* guy getting hurt for that lineup to take off.

37 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He'd have kept hogging the ball like he did in '99.  Took the ******* guy getting hurt for that lineup to take off.

Meh. We'll never know but he never had that #2 guy. Those Knicks teams I love with all my heart man, but let's be real. John Starks was an all star 25% of the time and a D leaguer the other 75%. That team had so much character and a lot of really solid...unique pieces starting with Oakley. But never that #2 option like just about every other star has had to win a championship. 

to be fair, they would have if not for the greatest player, the greatest center and greatest clutch shooter of all time. That and a few choke jobs for too for sure. 

On 6/20/2016 at 3:00 PM, Warfish said:

MJ played against super stars.

The "King" plays in an era that will, in the history books, be known as the "Star Free Chump Era".  

There are more legitimate super stars in Heavyweight boxing today than there is the elite-star-free NBA.

I'm sure steph curry and Russell Westbrook would struggle against John Stockton and mark price. 

And who'd cover a 7 ft Kevin Durant on the perimeter?

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm sure steph curry and Russell Westbrook would struggle against John Stockton and mark price. 

And who'd cover a 7 ft Kevin Durant on the perimeter?

Kevin Durant's game would be obsolete in the late 80's/90's. He'd be on IR half the time too.  John Stokton was one of the quickest players of all time. Westbrook is a star in any time or age, maybe even a bigger one back then, I'd agree there.

I love how with time goes people's memories. Now you look back on paper and only a few all stars and no championships and Shawn Kemp is just a guy. Shawn Kemp would have eaten Kevin Durant's lunch and dinner. And Durant is like the next biggest star in the NBa after Lebron. 

7 hours ago, HessStation said:

You're totally ****kng stoned. Your posts hurt my eyes they're so wrong. Pippen was an all star, NOT a HOFer without Jordan. Grant and Rodman were role players. If anyone was a created, marketed star it was Rodman for being a solid contributor on two different, great all time teams and a bunch of tattoos and a drug problem.  

Also, if it was all about trophies he could of had Hakeem's two and probably another after 6 if that's all he wanted. 

You had some valid points until this. I don't know why you can't appreciate LeBron.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Me too. Like, What if Ewing had Duncan.

He would bleed the shot clock and make Duncan fight for rebounds on his sweeping hooks are baseline fade alway misses....

21 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

You had some valid points until this. I don't know why you can't appreciate LeBron.

He would bleed the shot clock and make Duncan fight for rebounds on his sweeping hooks are baseline fade alway misses....

Until what, nothing in that post is even about Lebron. What part dont you agree?

i can appreciate Lebron as an all time great. just not even in a conversation as greatest. I mean please. No. Not a chance man.

will disregard your Ewing comment bc not fair. 

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

I love how with time goes people's memories. Now you look back on paper and only a few all stars and no championships and Shawn Kemp is just a guy. Shawn Kemp would have eaten Kevin Durant's lunch and dinner. And Durant is like the next biggest star in the NBa after Lebron. 

Kemp isn't just a guy. He had 115 WP for his career. But Durant is better. He'll surpass that in about a year.

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You had to gay this up with math and advanced stats?  Who cares how many ******* wild pitches he had?  Nolan Ryan still made the HOF 

There's no perfect formula to decipher worth of a basketball player. At the end of the day, we kind of know who the all time greats are...and then we get to argue subjectively who we think the best was, which is fun to do anyways.

Archived