Congratulations Cleveland!!!

Charlie Brown

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lmao -7 rep for my comment? Sheesh, guess you can't have an opinon anymore. Some of you see it as blasphemous but facts are facts at 31 they're at the same level. This guy averaged a triple double the last two finals series and played pretty much alone last year. If he's not the best he's 2nd and at the end of his career who knows. Will he get 6 rings? Probably no I can see him ending with 4 maybe 5 if everything goes well. 

24 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Jordan had to play against Magic and Bird early in his career, then on to Barkley, Malone, Ewing, Hakeem.

Lebron gets Kevin Durant, Manu Ginobli, Steph Curry and the Toronto Raptors.

ahahahhahahahaha child please 

Go ahead.  Leave out the Buck WIlliams-Clyde Drexler Blazers!

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I also left out Lebron LOSING to freaking Dirk Nowitzki past his prime so we're even

Did you even watch dirk that entire playoffs? Arguably the best performance from anyone in the history of the game. 

Just now, thebuzzardman said:

Ah, apologies then.

At least I got to call Rick Barry and his sons dbags. If you're old enough, or do some research on Rick Barry, you'll appreciate it. Great player though, Bird before Bird, just a massive ARod+Lebron+racist level douche.

Not many players can get into a fight in a playoff game and not one teammate comes to assist! :lol:

Rick Barry was one of the best players ever. As a Net fan in the old ABA, he was my favorite player of all time.  Read his book "Confessions of a Basketball Gypsy" when I was a kid and enjoyed it immensely.  Had great tidbits on Nate Thurman etc.  I won't have you talking about Rick Barry like that. 

31 minutes ago, jett said:

Did you even watch dirk that entire playoffs? Arguably the best performance from anyone in the history of the game. 

Yes. Dirk was on fire. Beats the sh*t out of Lebron and the super friends.  Did you even watch the Pistons and Celtics of the late 80's/early 90's? That's who Jordan had to play, then beat just to get to the finals and beat a 31 year old Magic/ 30 year old Worthy.

Dirk was 33 and on his final leg. Yeah and outgutted the entire Heat team. 

There's no comparison. Jordan had to beat Magic/Worthy, Ewing, Bird, Isiah, Wilkens, Barkley, Drexler....Plays baseball for 2 years comes back and beats Mourning/Hardaway, LJohnson, Ewing some more, Shaq/Penny,  Kemp, Reggie Miller, Mullin, Malone/Stockton.

Lebron has had to beeeeeeat.....Carlos Boozer, Paul George, Demar DeRozen, ancient Tim Duncun/Tony Parker, Durant, & Steph Curry...and let's be real, Wade won those series except this last one.

Now stop. Just Stop. 

48 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Go ahead.  Leave out the Buck WIlliams-Clyde Drexler Blazers!

People forget those Cavs teams too. Mark Price, Nance, Daugherty, Ehlo and Hot Rod. With Kerr, Ferry, and Terrell Brandon coming off the bench. IMO they make it to at least one Finals appearance if it wasn't for MJ.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

People forget those Cavs teams too. Mark Price, Nance, Daugherty, Ehlo and Hot Rod. With Kerr, Ferry, and Terrell Brandon coming off the bench. IMO they make it to at least one Finals appearance if it wasn't for MJ.

That was an odd ball team that gets away from people bc there was no giant star. The little run the Pacers had losing to the Heat in the ECF a few years in row kinda reminds me of that team. 

Just now, HessStation said:

That was an odd ball team that gets away from people bc there was no giant star. The little run the Pacers had losing to the Heat in the ECF a few years in row kinda reminds me of that team. 

They had one of the best drafts ever in I think it was 86 or 87. Took Daugherty first overall, Ron Harper a few picks later, and then traded for the rights to Mark Price.

5 hours ago, roscoeword said:

Rick Barry was one of the best players ever. As a Net fan in the old ABA, he was my favorite player of all time.  Read his book "Confessions of a Basketball Gypsy" when I was a kid and enjoyed it immensely.  Had great tidbits on Nate Thurman etc.  I won't have you talking about Rick Barry like that. 

Never said he wasn't a great player, just an ahole

5 hours ago, roscoeword said:

Was a Nets fan as well back then; Knicks and Nets. Got to see Dr J at the Nassau Col. a few times, just about courtside. When your divorced attractive aunt dates some financial guy and this is your favorite cousin, there are perks. 

Barry was great. Just an unlikable guy. Maybe if I read his book I'd feel differently. Still, great Rick Barry or not, nothing beats the sight of mid 70's Dr J grabbing a rebound and going coast to coast with a massive undulating afro, then slamming it home with dunks that everyone thinks started with Jordan. 

3 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Was a Nets fan as well back then; Knicks and Nets. Got to see Dr J at the Nassau Col. a few times, just about courtside. When your divorced attractive aunt dates some financial guy and this is your favorite cousin, there are perks. 

Barry was great. Just an unlikable guy. Maybe if I read his book I'd feel differently. Still, great Rick Barry or not, nothing beats the sight of mid 70's Dr J grabbing a rebound and going coast to coast with a massive undulating afro, then slamming it home with dunks that everyone thinks started with Jordan. 

What can I say. I was a Mets fan back then too, yet I liked Pete Rose. I mean, talk about great but unlikable player. 

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

They had one of the best drafts ever in I think it was 86 or 87. Took Daugherty first overall, Ron Harper a few picks later, and then traded for the rights to Mark Price.

This guy knows what he's talking about. 

Harper - great player. Next Jordan/Drexler and was for about 4 years, then the knee injury happened. Still had a good career after as large sized PG/SG guy who played great all out D but only for 20 mpg. 

15 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Says the self annointed  know it all.  Really.Look at your posts, you are the most anti humble poster here.  Fact, not an insult.

Many professional BB analysts say it is close, many people here say its close but you know better. sheesh.  Please fix global warmimg.

those same "professional BB analysts" were bashing him down 3-1 but simple minds get changed in a hurry.  the reality is Lebron is an all time great, the reality is also that he is nowhere near Michael Jordan.  Michael didn't have to win his championships by fleeing to ready made teams via FA, the dynasty was built around him and he led that franchise to the dynasty.  Lebron is an incredible player and when he plays w/ the killer instinct he played these last few games of the Finals he's impossible to stop but he doesn't always play w/ that killer instinct- Jordan did.

take shots all you want, you are generally a whiny poster who sheepishly follows majority opinion so your opinion means very little to me.  Instead of trying to present a case for your opinion you decide to take shots and tell me about "professional BB analysts".  For once have an opinion for yourself.

Jordan faced tougher opposition than LeBron has but he also had more help than basically any other player in the modern era. He had big threes with Pippen and Grant/Rodman before big threes were a thing. They just weren't viewed as such because of marketing. Jordan was not the best player of all time. He was the most successful advertising campaign of all time.

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Jordan faced tougher opposition than LeBron has but he also had more help than basically any other player in the modern era. He had big threes with Pippen and Grant/Rodman before big threes were a thing. They just weren't viewed as such because of marketing. Jordan was not the best player of all time. He was the most successful advertising campaign of all time.

it was the big one and 2 other good players.  How many titles did those guys win w.o him?  only Rodman did as a younger role player for detroit and Lebron has had his own big 3s but he needed to sign as a free agent to be able to win.  again, he's an all time great but I could never see Jordan admitting he can't win and going to join forces w/ other HOF players in order to win in his prime.

21 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

OM effing God. 

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

You're forgetting they don't win that series without Irving.

irving is talented but I think the supporting cast of knicks could have covered.  I lost a ton of interest in the knicks through the Isaah years unfortunately.  year by year till it got to this point where I watched most of 2 playoff games this year.  i cant even say that i watched them end to end..

32 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

it was the big one and 2 other good players.  How many titles did those guys win w.o him?  only Rodman did as a younger role player for detroit and Lebron has had his own big 3s but he needed to sign as a free agent to be able to win.  again, he's an all time great but I could never see Jordan admitting he can't win and going to join forces w/ other HOF players in order to win in his prime.

Of course he would have, if he didn't already have other hall of fame players. That's the line on Jordan, right? Whatever it takes to win. Like it makes some big difference that Rodman came to Chicago and LeBron went to Miami. The whole Jordan never woulda argument re the Decision is a total crock of sh*t. He'd have pissed on his dad's grave for another trophy but he wouldn't wear a different color jersey. Yeah, okay.

8 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Of course he would have, if he didn't already have other hall of fame players. That's the line on Jordan, right? Whatever it takes to win. Like it makes some big difference that Rodman came to Chicago and LeBron went to Miami. The whole Jordan never woulda argument re the Decision is a total crock of sh*t. He'd have pissed on his dad's grave for another trophy but he wouldn't wear a different color jersey. Yeah, okay.

You're totally ****kng stoned. Your posts hurt my eyes they're so wrong. Pippen was an all star, NOT a HOFer without Jordan. Grant and Rodman were role players. If anyone was a created, marketed star it was Rodman for being a solid contributor on two different, great all time teams and a bunch of tattoos and a drug problem.  

Also, if it was all about trophies he could of had Hakeem's two and probably another after 6 if that's all he wanted. 

3 minutes ago, PepPep said:

James has plenty of time to be GOAT...he's already pretty close. 

Come to NY and bring the title to MSG! 

Ewww. That would be my Arod moment. Just personally for me, I'd only root half heartedly like I do the Yankees now...jmo

31 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Ewww. That would be my Arod moment. Just personally for me, I'd only root half heartedly like I do the Yankees now...jmo

Yeah, but the dif. is LeBron's not a cheater, he's not detested everywhere he goes, and the Knicks are not very good (unlike the Yanks), and there is a salary cap in basketball.

When the Yankees got A-Rod it was like, ok, here we go again, the Yankees buy the best, most expensive FA and continue stacking their team. They've only won, what, 26 titles...

But if LeBron came to NY, they would have to move money around, and even with Melo and Kristaps, they still would not be guaranteed to win anything. That team would still not be as good as the current Cleveland team, nevermind the Warriors and Thunder out west. It would really show his greatness if he could go to ANOTHER "bad" team and win a title there. And I happen to be both a Knicks and a LeBron fan.   

Ok, rant over. Its never gonna happen so why even get into it, LOL. :)

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

it makes a HUGE difference, others should come to the star not the star going to get the help of others.

Jordan wouldn't have left b/c that would have been admitting failure that he couldn't do it on his own.

Best player of all time is definitely subjective, especially when comparing different positions. Jordan's obviously the best 2 guard ever, without question. But if someone said Kareem or whatever it wouldnt be crazy.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Best player of all time is definitely subjective, especially when comparing different positions. Jordan's obviously the best 2 guard ever, without question. But if someone said Kareem or whatever it wouldnt be crazy.

I think Kareem is incredibly underrated, I don't think most people who never saw him play understand how great he was.

Archived