joewilly12

3 QB's available via a trade choose one  

36 members have voted

1. 1. 3 QBs are available via a trade they are saying CHOOSE ONE

• Kaepernick
    • Foles
    • Glennon

Paging Villain:

Simply put, Mike Glennon will never be the full-time starting quarterback in Tampa Bay unless Jameis Winston’s career somehow completely implodes. In his 18 career starts, Glennon has posted decent numbers and has shown flashes of having the skillset to be a successful starter in the NFL — which has made him attractive to several teams on the trade market. The Dallas Cowboys continue to be rumored as a potential trade destination Glennon, but we can think of at least five other teams that would likely be interested if the Bucs made him available. For Tampa Bay, it makes sense to move Glennon while they still can since it’s a virtual guarantee that he will sign with a team that will give him the opportunity to start when his rookie contract expires in two years.

1 hour ago, Stark said:

Depending on price I like Graham

Maybe Kaep if he is cheap and no Fitz. Then just let them all compete. Gene, Kaep, Hack, Petty.....

Graham would fit our offense and make a nice big target for Fitz in the flats and crossing routes

How is Joe Thomas not the obvious answer? If we are a WIN NOW team with a ? at QB and our biggest weakness at RT, how can Joe Thomas not be the obvious answer. 

Kaep, Glennon, and Foles are just as big ?'s at this point as Geno, IMO. Any one of those 4 guys can absolutely stink it up this year or play very well. JMHO. Joe Thomas is a LOCK as a starting OT. 

I dunno. Thats how I see it. Bring in Joe Thomas and let Geno rip it. Or, at least he'll have plenty of time back there to decide what he wants to do. LOL. 

19 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is like if someone walked up to me on the street and asked me to choose between Tab, Mountain Dew, and Moxie.

To be honest had to Google Moxie but once I did Realized this was a very clever post  and awarded you one JN unit of reputation.  

21 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Kaerpernick is the most intriguing of them he instantly upgrades the QB position on this team to franchise QB level 

Good lord, I proved this to you months ago... I'd rather just keep Geno. 

Similar statistics, and deficiencies, for less cost.

18 hours ago, PepPep said:

How is Joe Thomas not the obvious answer? If we are a WIN NOW team with a ? at QB and our biggest weakness at RT, how can Joe Thomas not be the obvious answer. 

Kaep, Glennon, and Foles are just as big ?'s at this point as Geno, IMO. Any one of those 4 guys can absolutely stink it up this year or play very well. JMHO. Joe Thomas is a LOCK as a starting OT. 

I dunno. Thats how I see it. Bring in Joe Thomas and let Geno rip it. Or, at least he'll have plenty of time back there to decide what he wants to do. LOL. 

We already traded for Clady.  I don't know Thomas's cap hit but it has to be much higher than Clady's who is only $5 mil.

Will I probably be kicking myself by week 8 when both Fitz and Geno are killed by our O-line?  Probably.

20 hours ago, drdetroit said:

We already traded for Clady.  I don't know Thomas's cap hit but it has to be much higher than Clady's who is only $5 mil.

Will I probably be kicking myself by week 8 when both Fitz and Geno are killed by our O-line?  Probably.

Yes, but if we can clear 12 mil for Fitz, we can clear 8mil for Thomas. Imagine Clady at LT and Thomas at RT with Mangold in the middle with Carpenter on the left side- it would make Winters look a lot better. I mean, the trade is not THAT realistic- but none of these really are, lol. I just feel like solidifying that RT position with a Pro Bowl level player like Thomas would improve the offense more so than trading for a ? QB who could do as well or maybe even worse than Geno. 

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

Yes, but if we can clear 12 mil for Fitz, we can clear 8mil for Thomas. Imagine Clady at LT and Thomas at RT with Mangold in the middle with Carpenter on the left side- it would make Winters look a lot better. I mean, the trade is not THAT realistic- but none of these really are, lol. I just feel like solidifying that RT position with a Pro Bowl level player like Thomas would improve the offense more so than trading for a ? QB who could do as well or maybe even worse than Geno. 

I wanted to cut Breno and sign Andre Smith but whatevs

49 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

First off its to late to sign a QB that doesn't know this system TO START, he would be so far behind.  2nd off Foles will get cut, and the Jets can get him for free.

Foles is horrible.  I'd rather start petty or Hackenburg 

Foles would probably be the cheapest to trade for and he did have one pretty decent season with the Eagles...Honestly I think we either run with what we have at this point or bring Fitz back. Glennon will be a free agent next year who signs with someone for a whole lot of $$ I think if we made a trade for him he would be hard to retain without losing some of our own talent. I don't see how anyone could want Kaepernick after that whole thing with Tebow...they are essentially the same QB both are good at running but awfully inconsistent throwing the ball which of course is the primary job of a QB in the NFL...

On July 13, 2016 at 5:20 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

This is like if someone walked up to me on the street and asking me to take a Tab of acid with a Mountain Dew, and Some Oxy

I Read it as saying that at first !?!?!

what even is Moxie ??? 

24 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Foles would probably be the cheapest to trade for and he did have one pretty decent season with the Eagles...Honestly I think we either run with what we have at this point or bring Fitz back. Glennon will be a free agent next year who signs with someone for a whole lot of $$ I think if we made a trade for him he would be hard to retain without losing some of our own talent. I don't see how anyone could want Kaepernick after that whole thing with Tebow...they are essentially the same QB both are good at running but awfully inconsistent throwing the ball which of course is the primary job of a QB in the NFL...

With both Geno and Fitz off the books next yr. Glennon makes a LOT of sense as a FA signing. The Jets will be an ideal landing spot for any FA QB.

Glennon will also be cheaper seeing he hasn't been the starter in a long time.

Probably looking at something around Osweiller $ on a 3 yr. deal. 

Maybe by yr. 2 or 3 Hackenberg is ready to step up.

Jets really need Hack to show strong improvement through this season at practice. He's either ready to take the reigns next yr. or Glennon becomes a strong consideration.

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

We need to reach higher than Glennon 

We need for Geno Smith to take this team and prove that he was worthy of the lofty draft status he received and the draft status he thought was his prior to the week of said draft  when some were calling him a 1st rounder and the top QB available .

The talent is there, it just needs to be unearthed .

Archived