Multi Year Deal For Wilkerson (merged)

Maxman

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On July 16, 2016 at 0:19 AM, David Harris said:

I wouldn't be shocked if we have the #1 defense in the league this year.   There's no holes- we don't have a stud edge guy but we're solid all the way and actually have good depth at almost every spot. 

The offensive line gets a big reboot next year but in ignoring that side we have filled up the D with high level talent.  Expecting big breakthroughs with L Williams and Pryor could really put us in the elite tier.

You should be very happy that the Jets finally signed Muhammad Wilkerson to longterm contract. That was a big signing.( can't miminize the importance of that signing).

Still jmo it hard to imagine the Jets having the number 1 defense next season .  ( they will be 7-10  range in the league next year - there isn't anything to be ashamed about there.( thats good enough to win with).

They were the fourth ranked defense last year , more for the fact they had a very soft schedule in 2015.      That defense will drop a couple of pegs due the fact they are playing better teams/ offenses.

Two of the biggest reasons Imo  why Jets defense won't be number 1 is the secondary , and they don't possess top Olb pass rushers to take over a game. ( takes Jet defenseline more time to get to the Qb , than they would if they had elite pass rushers at Olb- a fraction of a second more time the Qb has , can be all the difference in the world between completing a pass, and the Qb on his back.

Revis is a top tier CB still , but when you throw the other CB position in the equation , what the Jets start  at CB doesn't compare to what other top defense have at that position.( big drop off as a group to the other top defenses).   The Jets # 2 and number 3 CB don't scare any top offense.( they can be exploited)

on paper the Jets seem to have fixed their inside  lb coverage , but will that be the case when the season gets here.   Darron Lee in time could be impact Lb there, but    He is a rookie, it's going to take time to master the nuances of that position.( takes more that just great speed to be effective in coverage in the NFL.

On 7/15/2016 at 5:42 PM, SenorGato said:

Spiraling from what, buuuuuddy? Making you all upset here? That's a cherry on top of the Jets keeping their best player.

Oh, you kept going? Well, I had a nice little weekend. Hope you did the same... 

On 7/15/2016 at 5:55 PM, gEYno said:

So, this is what happens when two people who can't not have the last word meet?

Eh, it's more appropriate in this scenario to imagine me being the laser pointer, and Gato being well... Gato.

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, you kept going? Well, I had a nice little weekend. Hope you did the same... 

That post was in response to a post you made 7 minutes earlier lol. Must have been a helluva weekend to come back still upset on Monday. Oooh Integrity, you try so hard to work it out in your head that you're cool and casual but fail so miserably to execute. I <3 you for it THO, and will give you the attention you so desperately seek.

5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

That post was in response to a post you made 7 minutes earlier lol. Must have been a helluva weekend to come back still upset on Monday, first thing. Oooh Integrity, you try so hard to work it out in your head that you're cool and casual but fail so miserably to execute.

Did you ever consider that I just wanted to go back to the well?

Laaaaaaayup.

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Did you ever consider that I just wanted to go back to the well?

Whoa, 3 minutes! You were waiting with bated breath all day and that's the best you've got? I mean you already tried and failed to use this one too. Oh nooooeeeess, I tooootaally fell for such a clever trap. 

Anyways, like I said buddy I <3 your effort to seem effortless and will give you all the attention you so desperately seek.

This is good. Got him signed without going Full Tannenbaum on the contract. Also good: Rapoport reporting that the Jets are going to leave Fitzpatrick on the street unless Geno implodes. 

Saddest part: The Jets Beat Cub Reporter Troupe was completely shut out on both items. Sad! 

18 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Whoa, 3 minutes! You were waiting with bated breath all day and that's the best you've got? I mean you already tried and failed to use this one too. Oh nooooeeeess, I tooootaally fell for such a clever trap. 

Anyways, like I said buddy I <3 your effort to seem effortless and will give you all the attention you so desperately seek.

Brah, you sure I'm the one trying to act chill THO

So easy to tweak... And so pedestrian with the 'I'm not mad, because you're mad' retaliation.

Poor schmuck, using time stamps, lol.

32 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Brah, you sure I'm the one trying to act chill THO

I am extremely confident about this, yes. In your typical mook fashion it's gone bust. I appreciate that you did manage to contain yourself through a likely miserable weekend for my sake, but if you were stewing - and boy does it seem like you were stewing - you could have just gotten it out right away. Remember bruh, I got you on attention - it's not the poorly contrived event you imagine it takes dummy. 

Laaaaaaayup

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I am extremely confident about this, yes. In your typical mook fashion it's gone bust. I appreciate that you did manage to contain yourself through a likely miserable weekend for my sake, but if you were stewing - and boy does it seem like you were stewing - you could have just gotten it out right away. Remember bruh, I got you on attention - it's not the poorly contrived event you imagine it is dummy. 

Blub blub blub... If you can't convince yourself, how can you expect to convince anyone else?

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Blub blub blub... If you can't convince yourself, how can you expect to convince anyone else?

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Lol, he edited to add the laaaayup part... He's not mad at all folks. Not at all. 

Goof.

giphy.gif

There there, I ruined your weekend by making you upset on Friday and it's boiled over. It's OK, you survived and pretty soon the boo boo will go away. 

Laaaaaayup

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is good. Got him signed without going Full Tannenbaum on the contract. Also good: Rapoport reporting that the Jets are going to leave Fitzpatrick on the street unless Geno implodes. 

Saddest part: The Jets Beat Cub Reporter Troupe was completely shut out on both items. Sad! 

Do you have a link on that?

Trying to find it and hang it above my bed! Gives me good dreams.

Imo you don't sign a guy coming off of a broken leg to a multiyear deal with a lot of guaranteed money. You wait a year and see how he plays. It's inconceivable to me that Wilk would have sat out the season and lost 16 mil. And probably a good thing (health wise) if he sat out training camp and didn't play in exhibition games. To me the smart move for the Jets in 2016 was sticking with the franchise tag. Plus they waited too long and signed him after two huge contracts kicked up the price. But I'm glad they didn't trade him for a 2nd rounder. 

47 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Imo you don't sign a guy coming off of a broken leg to a multiyear deal with a lot of guaranteed money. You wait a year and see how he plays. It's inconceivable to me that Wilk would have sat out the season and lost 16 mil. And probably a good thing (health wise) if he sat out training camp and didn't play in exhibition games. To me the smart move for the Jets in 2016 was sticking with the franchise tag. Plus they waited too long and signed him after two huge contracts kicked up the price. But I'm glad they didn't trade him for a 2nd rounder. 

meh, its a broken bone, not a blown out knee.

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So in other words we will come crawling back to him after being 0-2 losing two close games due to Geno brain cramps?  Sounds about right.  I still can't fathom anyone that would want to go back to one of our awful QB's that we have been stuck with now for 5 or 6 years.  I can fully understand the Jets reasons for not singing Fitz if the price is too high, he's a stop gap but I do that with trepidation, dread and the knowledge that the fun 10 win season of last year is ancient history and we are going to be wallowing around most of this year.

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It has devolved into an Ape and a Cat standing toe to toe going," no, you hit me first, no you , im not starting it, but I will finish it, whatever, yeah whatever."

oh, no... i hit him first... right in his Mo-puss... then it became more like this... i remember him being funnier with responses in the past though, this was sorta blah... 

tumblr_inline_o28uh9SDny1s7sm56_500.gif 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

oh, no... i hit him first... right in his Mo-puss... then it became more like this... i remember him being funnier with responses in the past though, this was sorta blah... 

tumblr_inline_o28uh9SDny1s7sm56_500.gif 

My cousin trained his cat to dive off the couch and catch rolled up socks for footballs in the air.  Coolest cat ever! I don't even like cats that much .  Damn thing would bring his sock football to the next person to throw it after somebody stopped. 

38 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

meh, its a broken bone, not a blown out knee.

It could potentially slow him down and we don't know if any long term problems. He could end up not being the player he was and the guy the Jets are paying 17 mil a season for. Sure Jets doctors examined him but on a long term deal like this the only test in terms of how he plays would be on the field. 

I guess if you keep presenting that narrative it will become true or something. :shrugs: Someone's gotta buy it! I mean this wasn't even clever by your standards. You said dumb sstuff (as usual), got scholed (as usual), and now you're still mad (as usual).

4 days of rage, just like old times. Your wounds will heal buddy, fear not! There's always next time and there will be good weekends again!

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It could potentially slow him down and we don't know if any long term problems. He could end up not being the player he was and the guy the Jets are paying 17 mil a season for. Sure Jets doctors examined him but on a long term deal like this the only test in terms of how he plays would be on the field. 

Even if he was on the wrong side of 30, i dont see a broken bone(outside of in his foot) being a problem.  He will be beasting it up like he did last year.  no worries :)

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It's a broken leg, he'll be OK. That's not even kinda sorta a catastrophic injury.

Just now, whodeawhodat said:

Even if he was on the wrong side of 30, i dont see a broken bone(outside of in his foot) being a problem.  He will be beasting it up like he did last year.  no worries :)

I hope you're right. But if me I'd have kept the tag on for this coming season. 

49 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It has devolved into an Ape and a Cat standing toe to toe going," no, you hit me first, no you , im not starting it, but I will finish it, whatever, yeah whatever."

A dick measuring contest via arguing over which one is annoying the other better on the Internet. Strange times we live in. 

12 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Woody Johnson is a talking piece of scaffolding and the Jets are generally inept more often than not, but the one thing you can't take away from this organization is the medicals. The Jets might be the best in the league between resources and facilities on that one.

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

A dick measuring contest via arguing over which one is annoying the other better on the Internet. Strange times we live in. 

I blame you for this since he clearly has made you a role model with the cool/casual thing. That's never been the old guy's game - hence still mad and trying to sell otherwise 4 days later. 

Archived