Multi Year Deal For Wilkerson (merged)

Maxman

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Anyone that is critiquing this is out of their mind. Whatever they would have had to pay him, he's worth it. Wilkerson is the type of cornerstone player that you build franchises around and the Jets are in no position to let someone like that go right now.  I have not been the biggest fan of the Macaggnan era but this has definitely brought him up a notch for me.

This x10000. 300-pound guys who can give you double-digit sacks are basically unicorns. Throw in the fact that he's a homegrown guy who's a great teammate and model citizen and this is exactly the guy you pay big money to.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be shocked if we have the #1 defense in the league this year.   There's no holes- we don't have a stud edge guy but we're solid all the way and actually have good depth at almost every spot. 

The offensive line gets a big reboot next year but in ignoring that side we have filled up the D with high level talent.  Expecting big breakthroughs with L Williams and Pryor could really put us in the elite tier.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Good point. Imagine of Dee Milliner actually comes around for us this season. We basically got Revis back, Dee Milliner in the Revis Trade, Wilk resigned, Big Cat Williams in his second season, Skrine in the Slot, Marcus Williams coming off an impressive 2015 season, The best FS we've had since Rhodes in Ghilchrist, Pryor in his 3rd season, Richardson back to form and a revamped group of LB'ers. 

On paper this defense has the potential to be really special. If Ryan Clady can hold up, Winters takes another step forward like he did last year, Breno is replaced with something better, The WR duo continues on its path, Forte adds that versatility and Geno is in fact "light years ahead" of what he was last camp.....this is going to be fun to watch. 

Let's not get crazy talking up Dee here

and of course your discussing Geno at QB instead of Fitz is simple foolishness

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL old man cant keep up post more valid and reputable stuff on the board otherwise feel the heat. 

Old man? What are you even talking about anymore? Go back to your copy and paste method of the same unintelligible diatribe that you've been posting the last six months and leave the football conversations to the adults. 

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Old man? What are you even talking about anymore? Go back to your copy and paste method of the same unintelligible diatribe that you've been posting the last six months and leave the football conversations to the adults. 

All you do is ridicule others for opinions when it comes to pertinent NY Jets football related posts you have nothing except Fitz blah blah blah,

11 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Isn't it great to have a GM at the helm who actually knows what he's doing? To keep all of this under wraps from the blood-thirsty newyork media is nothing but amazing.

In Mac we trust, now go sign Fitz! 

I honestly think we are going to war with Geno..... 

Even with the savings on Mo, we still have to sign Lee, which will leave us around $5 m for the season.

I'd be all for waiting for Camp cuts and see if a competent RT shakes loose. 

We spent a 2nd round pick on Geno..... I think the players need to get behind him and make this work.

Geno's ceiling is higher than Fitz but conversely, Geno's floor is lower than Fitz floor.

I like Fitz, and to be honest, don't care much for Geno.

That being said, I think we need to see what Geno can do

a)playing for his next contract

b)in a Chan Gailey offense

c)with the best weapons he's ever had offensively

If Geno can match 2015 Fitz, we

a)save a LOTS of money, 

b)keep the secondary deeper than 20 yds. from the line of scrimmage

c)allow for our deep threat receivers to be involved in the "O" (Smith, Marshall)

Had this news pop up around 5pm yesterday on my phone(ESPN APP) while i was in the waiting room waiting for my nephew to be born.  Needless to say, others in the waiting room werent impressed with my excitement lol they thought the baby was born!

This is absolutely awesome, like others have stated on so many levels:

we keep our 26 YO cornerstone of our defense

he will now have trade value in a couple of years if need be with the cap growing due to television deals

RIchardson becomes a valuable trade chip if need be this year or next

sets precedence for future negotiations with other GMs--I am sure a few of them thought, why trade when we can just sign him outright as a FA at the age of 27

our DL stays intact this year including training camp reducing the likelihood of injuries

Like most here i thought that Mo playing under the franchise tender was a foregone conclusion.  Very happy day!

GO JETS!!!!

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

All you do is ridicule others for opinions when it comes to pertinent NY Jets football related posts you have nothing except Fitz blah blah blah,

what are you talking about? crazy carl and not so crazy carl is a good poster.  I especially like when the mods change his tag from not actually crazy to might actually be crazy :)

17 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This makes those two December wins in 2014 less hard to swallow now. For quite a while it looked like we suffered through a 4-12 year just to make a lateral move for Mo's replacement. No good. Now at least we get at least 3-5 years of the megaline out of it. I can live with that.

I think this was the plan all along, my friend. It's why I didn't see that argument then. We wanted to keep the DL as a strength for this team, AND Williams just happened to be the BPA we couldn't help but take because the Redskins were stupid. Williams was never intended merely to be Mo's replacement. Glad Macc got that all straightened out. :)

16 hours ago, dbatesman said:

On the one hand, you don't want to oversell this, because it was such a no-brainer move. On the other, it sure looked like we were hellbent on ******* it up somehow. Ergo, current status: BONER TIME

its a nice change having a GM who makes some decisions that seem obvious. This is far better than previous GMs where we always seemed to be saying "OMG wtf are you doing???".  The Doug Jolley trade and Santonio Holmes + Mark Sanchez extensions come to mind there.

20 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Had this news pop up around 5pm yesterday on my phone(ESPN APP) while i was in the waiting room waiting for my nephew to be born.  Needless to say, others in the waiting room werent impressed with my excitement lol they thought the baby was born!

This is absolutely awesome, like others have stated on so many levels:

we keep our 26 YO cornerstone of our defense

he will now have trade value in a couple of years if need be with the cap growing due to television deals

RIchardson becomes a valuable trade chip if need be this year or next

sets precedence for future negotiations with other GMs--I am sure a few of them thought, why trade when we can just sign him outright as a FA at the age of 27

our DL stays intact this year including training camp reducing the likelihood of injuries

Like most here i thought that Mo playing under the franchise tender was a foregone conclusion.  Very happy day!

GO JETS!!!!

Not to mention how important this is to the locker room! Taking care of your leader allows the young guys to see you get rewarded for hard work and PROFESSIONALISM!\

A happy MO is a "Fired Up, Full Speed Demon from Hell" firing off the line unimpeded from the worries of injury.

Our LB core will have free reign sideline to sideline and up the middle.

Very stoked for this season to start.

Capable QB play is all we need to get that AFC East crown and make a run in the PO

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

its a nice change having a GM who makes some decisions that seem obvious. This is far better than previous GMs where we always seemed to be saying "OMG wtf are you doing???".  The Doug Jolley trade and Santonio Holmes + Mark Sanchez extensions come to mind there.

Why draft a good TE like Heath Miller when you can trade for a crappy TE and a crappy kicker?

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

What in the actual hell are you talking about? I answered a question SOMEONE ELSE asked about him in this thread. I didn't bring him up. And if you don't understand how this deal impacts the QB position then you're beyond help. 

Great deal too.  And all those people that wanted to trade him because he's not JJ Watt and doesn't make lol impact plays lol.

Stoked right now.  He was my mock pick and the guy I wanted for the Jets back in his draft.  Hometown boy, bad ass, great dude.  Good on Mac.  This is a guy you invest in and never think twice.  True game changer/difference maker.  

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think this was the plan all along, my friend. It's why I didn't see that argument then. We wanted to keep the DL as a strength for this team, AND Williams just happened to be the BPA we couldn't help but take because the Redskins were stupid. Williams was never intended merely to be Mo's replacement. Glad Macc got that all straightened out. :)

I'm not your friend, buddy.

I'm still very excited the Jets stepped up like a big boy franchise and did the obvious right move. Is this franchise heading in the right direction? Hard to day for sure, but it sure is nice to get an indication in the affirmative. Maybe this will give them some good juju with the universe and one of these hacky seeming young QBs actually emerges? That would be the next step. Mo is the Richard Seymour of his generation on the field, so lets get him a ring or two and help him build a HOF caliber resume. 

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

I'm still very excited the Jets stepped up like a big boy franchise and did the obvious right move. Is this franchise heading in the right direction? Hard to day for sure, but it sure is nice to get an indication in the affirmative. Maybe this will give them some good juju with the universe and one of these hacky seeming young QBs actually emerges? That would be the next step. Mo is the Richard Seymour of his generation on the field, so lets get him a ring or two and help him build a HOF caliber resume. 

Well after 5 seasons Seymour was a 4 time Pro Bowler and 3 time All Pro but then he wasn't on the fast track to the HOF like Mo..;)

4 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Well after 5 seasons Seymour was a 4 time Pro Bowler and 3 time All Pro but then he wasn't on the fast track to the HOF like Mo..;)

Savage!!! Boy, that silence of yours in this thread was deafening, good of you to show up!

Seymour's rep goes to show what being with a winning franchise can do for an individual in this very, very simple sport. Anyway buddy, hopefully Hackenberg or Petty can get this franchise on track with a properly white QB and you can forget all about how this Muhammad got paid and will be passing your :wub: from yesterdecade soon enough.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You should see the baseball forum. He actually does this with just himself too.

I mean that's just not true at all unless maybe Integrity does it, but as I'm not a superhero I should not expect you to nail the details.

39 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Savage!!! Boy, that silence of yours in this thread was deafening, good of you to show up!

Seymour's rep goes to show what being with a winning franchise can do for an individual in this very, very simple sport. Anyway buddy, hopefully Hackenberg or Petty can get this franchise on track with a properly white QB and you can forget all about how this Muhammad got paid and will be passing your :wub: from yesterdecade soon enough.

What yesteryear decade I was responding to your Seymour comparison..I seem to remember that both of us thought there was too much bad blood for a deal to get done?? I'm happy he's signed no doubt he's a good upstanding citizen compared to speed racer Sheldon.. Props to Mac for getting it done..:)

Archived