Andrew Luck "underwhelming" at camp thus far

RoadFan

8 hours ago, King P said:

Cam doesn't really trash talk or anything, all he really likes to do is dance and have fun. Nothing wrong with that. Rob Gronkowski does it all the time and gets no flack for it. Aaron Rodgers does his TD celebration and he gets a commercial. I remember when Favre used to jump around after throwing a touchdown all the time. Stephen A Smith got on him for it and it's "Oh stop it Stephen A, you're bwings too harsh, he's just having fun". It's only a big deal if certain players do it. 

It shouldn't matter either way though. If a player is balling his ass off, he should be praised for his talent instead of focusing on meaningless crap like dancing. Not to mention how long it took Cam to be recognized as MVP. The whole season people were trying to say it should be Brady and then at the end switched it to Palmer. Put Luck in that situation and nobody would even make a case against him

Come on, with every literally every single TD or big play, the guy pantomimes being Clark Kent opening his jacket to reveal the Superman suit he wears beneath it.  Now to his credit, we see it so much because he truly makes so many such plays -- because he's just that good. But it's also ridiculously childish for a grown man, and when combined with some of his other comments, he more than brings it on himself.

Stephen A. Smith is dumber than most of the Doritos in the bag I just finished so I wouldn't care what he said one way or the other about anyone. Also I heard - and personally felt - more Cam for MVP talk than the other two all season long so I don't agree there. Everyone saw what he had (or more correctly, what he didn't have) to throw to. He had a TE and a bunch of nothing.

Celebration after a successful big play is one thing. Self-promoting celebration is not the same thing. If Rodgers pointed to himself then made a #1 symbol after every TD everyone would hate his guts.

There's a difference between (figuratively) saying "We're #1" vs "I'm #1"; the latter makes one look like #2, if you get my drift.

1 hour ago, King P said:

And look at all the crap he had to go through. I watched every week as the media refused to give him his props until he forced them to (they'd rather spend every week complaining about his dancing or something else trivial).

If he would have struggled like Luck did they really would have been all over him. Yet Luck gets a pass for everything and still gets anointed as the next big thing when he hasn't accomplished anything. FOH 

Don't know what you're trying to say.

1st Cam doesn't get the cred, then he got the MVP but he had to go through shlt?  What are you talking about, they were talking up Cam all year.  To the point that one dumb thread was started due to complaints that Cam was getting too many props and had accomplished nothing.  

Youre whining about nothing.  

15 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Come on, with every literally every single TD or big play, the guy pantomimes being Clark Kent opening his jacket to reveal the Superman suit he wears beneath it.  Now to his credit, we see it so much because he truly makes so many such plays because he's just that good. But it's also ridiculously childish for a grown man, and when combined with some of his other comments, he more than brings it on himself.

Stephen A. Smith is dumber than most of the Doritos in the bag I just finished so I wouldn't care what he said one way or the other about anyone. Also I heard - and personally felt - more Cam for MVP talk than the other two all season long so I don't agree there. Everyone saw what he had (or more correctly, what he didn't have) to throw to. He had a TE and a bunch of nothing.

Celebration after a successful big play is one thing. Self-promoting celebration is not the same thing. If Rodgers pointed to himself then made a #1 symbol after every TD everyone would hate his guts.

There's a difference between (figuratively) saying "We're #1" vs "I'm #1"; the latter makes one look like #2, if you get my drift.

Too lazy to dig up the Cam sucks and we are lucky he isn't our overpaid QB thread from the beginning of last season, but it would be funny to read through that now.

Luck was amazing his first few years, definitely lived up to his billing. It's just injuries and a bad team crept up on him. He may go the way of other promising qb's like RG3 who started amazing and fizzled, a lot to do with injuries. Luck did a lot of scrambling too, and he may be beat up forever.

5 hours ago, King P said:

Cam doesn't really trash talk or anything, all he really likes to do is dance and have fun. Nothing wrong with that. Rob Gronkowski does it all the time and gets no flack for it. Aaron Rodgers does his TD celebration and he gets a commercial. I remember when Favre used to jump around after throwing a touchdown all the time. Stephen A Smith got on him for it and it's "Oh stop it Stephen A, you're bwings too harsh, he's just having fun". It's only a big deal if certain players do it. 

It shouldn't matter either way though. If a player is balling his ass off, he should be praised for his talent instead of focusing on meaningless crap like dancing. Not to mention how long it took Cam to be recognized as MVP. The whole season people were trying to say it should be Brady and then at the end switched it to Palmer. Put Luck in that situation and nobody would even make a case against him

Cam has commercials too. Really stupid commercials where he's like a super hero and they're not nearly as funny as Rodgers. Oh so you're a dancer? 

Luck also has commercials but he is awful. Gives out strands of hair for luck. 

11 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Luck's been in the league 4 years and has a 40 TD season + and AFC title game appearance. Can someone explain this "pass" he's receiving? With how bad the overall QB situation is in the league currently, I'd gladly take him.

Sanchez had 2 AFC title game appearances in his first two years.  So that metric might not be the best one to use.

Luck has orchestrated 10 fourth-quarter comebacks and 14 game-winning drives in just 55 regular-season games.  He plays for a sh*tty organization that has had the fortune of drafting John Elway, Peyton Manning, and Luck # 1 overall, yet only has 1 Super Bowl to show for it.  Yet he's been "crowned" too early?  Come on.  He'd already have a ring if he played for a competent franchise. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Luck has orchestrated 10 fourth-quarter comebacks and 14 game-winning drives in just 55 regular-season games.  He plays for a sh*tty organization that has had the fortune of drafting John Elway, Peyton Manning, and Luck # 1 overall, yet only has 1 Super Bowl to show for it.  Yet he's been "crowned" too early?  Come on.  He'd already have a ring if he played for a competent franchise. 

There must be some theorum about how the longer a sports messageboard is in existence, the overall quality of the posters declines exponentially.

40 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Sanchez had 2 AFC title game appearances in his first two years.  So that metric might not be the best one to use.

It's a fine accomplishment to point to considering Luck's performance to date. He played poorly last year and missed a lot of time due to injury. Its still so early in his career that it probably wont matter. He's clearly a starter. Is he as good as we thought? Probably not...but we'd still take him here in a heartbeat. 

55 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You are not comparing Luck to Sanchez?  They are about as different as it gets if they traded teams Luck would win the Super Bowl and the Colts would go 0-16

I know a lot of Colts fans they are not feeling good about this season.  After they miss the playoffs there will be a major housecleaning Grigson, Pagano and that dumb Schotty who has destroyed every Qb he has ever worked with all will be fired

14 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

if Lucks last name was Smith and he was taken in the 3rd round, he wouldnt have the contract he has.  Hes good but not a great qb.

He was on track to being top tier but he hurt his shoulder and hasn't been the same since.  For some reason it is like the emperor's new clothes and no one is talking about it.

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

He was on track to being top tier but he hurt his shoulder and hasn't been the same since.  For some reason it is like the emperor's new clothes and no one is talking about it.

The colts offensive line would get beat by some division I front sevens 

Cam newton is a special athlete. A special player. Probably better than luck by a slim margin too.

but if I  owned a team and had to chose between the two, I'd take luck within a millisecond. He's the type of guy I want to be my QB. These types of debates can be objective. 

The superman thing..eh..no biggie.

the most-telling thing for my objective opinion? That all-world bitch display at the post SB press conference. Haha. F--- him.

16 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Wow

Obvious troll bait just ignore him. A guy who thinks Fitz playing on multiple teams is proof he stinks but Schotty being run off of as many teams on both pro and college level doesn't stand for same thing. Uh huh.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Obvious troll bait just ignore him. A guy who thinks Fitz playing on multiple teams is proof he stinks but Schotty being run off of as many teams on both pro and college level doesn't stand for same thing. Uh huh.

Schotty has been terrible everywhere, just like Mangina

A QB is only as good as his O line and an OC that gives him an out for aggressive defenses. Given time any NFL QB will pick apart defenses and be successful. No time and getting pounded with no quick out safety valves equals Shotty performance. Pun intended.

8 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

A QB is only as good as his O line and an OC that gives him an out for aggressive defenses. Given time any NFL QB will pick apart defenses and be successful. No time and getting pounded with no quick out safety valves equals Shotty performance. Pun intended.

Can't wait to see 4 colts WRs running to the same spot

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

Wow

every fanbase hates the OC.  Brian was put in tough spot after tough spot but our O's were mostly good and we won a lot of game swith him.

2006: 1st year, had Chad coming off of TWO shoulder surgeries on his throwing shoulder and Kevan Barlow as his starting RB.

2007: Chad got hurt again, played most of season w/ Kellen Clemens

2008: acquired Favre month before season, his first new system in 16 years and he never wanted to be here.  despite that he had us at 8-3 until favre sabotaged our season

2009: rookie Sanchez played well and played his best in postseason helping us reach title game

2010: 2nd year mark took huge leap thanks to Brian and we had an O opponents had to worry about

2011: 3 of top 5 weapons entering season were out of football after that season.  still had near top 10 O.

he did a good job overall w/ constant crazy change.  was he great? of course not but to act like he was the worst OC in the league is both misinformed and unfair.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

some of us understand the game better than others.

Archived