The hits just keep on coming for Buffalo - RT facing 4 game suspension for smoking weed.....

ARodJetsFan

Bills RT Seantrel Henderson is facing a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Henderson tested positive for marijuana. Henderson is overcoming Crohn's disease, and marijuana is a common pain reliever. Due to the tricky nature of this one, it's possible Henderson's ban could be overturned, but we doubt it. He's appealing it.

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

A reflection of Rex's "Player's coach" approach you think?

Or just a general lack of discipline?

I guess when this keeps following him around as the coach, it must be the coach. 

I was literally done with Rex after Mike Vick said that he wasnt prepared for a Chargers game even though all of Jetnation knew that if Geno struggled that Vick would make an appearance. Rex response was "It takes a man to admit that". I knew at that moment that this dude was the wrong coach for the Jets. 

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There's no way it gets overturned because he was sick.  The league just doesn't work that way.

As for Rex I honestly don't think it has anything to do with discipline - there are just idiots everywhere.  

Yeah, the idiot running the team isn't installing any discipline...because he's an idiot.

22 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Bills RT Seantrel Henderson is facing a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Henderson tested positive for marijuana. Henderson is overcoming Crohn's disease, and marijuana is a common pain reliever. Due to the tricky nature of this one, it's possible Henderson's ban could be overturned, but we doubt it. He's appealing it.

Another hero just standing up...or sitting down for the rights of Americans. <_<

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Smoking weed should not warrant a suspension. It's not a PED and there are numerous medicinal benefits. 

Write your congressman...or smoke weed in the stands right in front of the cop. That'll get the message out. MAke sure to wear those pig socks when you do it. 

The NFL is beginning to hit new levels of stupidity with this.  

I don't smoke.  Wish I liked it, but think the effect sucks.  Try it every 5+ years or so hoping I'll feel different, but no luck yet.  Though I'm jealous of people that do like it.  They get to drink and smoke weed.  Two things, that if done in moderation, aren't bad for ya.  Potentially even good for you.

It's like being a guy who can bone fat chicks and likes the new look of wide-load asses.  I personally don't like 'em big (i.e. can't fit in airline seat w/o grease), but picking chicks up from a bar has gotta be much easier if you'll take anything there.

Back on point...  stop testing for weed already.  Especially since it can help as medication in some situations.  My guess is they're just holding it as leverage for CBA negotiations.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

The NFL is beginning to hit new levels of stupidity with this.  

I don't smoke.  Wish I liked it, but think the effect sucks.  Try it every 5+ years or so hoping I'll feel different, but no luck yet.  Though I'm jealous of people that do like it.  They get to drink and smoke weed.  Two things, that if done in moderation, aren't bad for ya.  Potentially even good for you.

It's like being a guy who can bone fat chicks and likes the new look of wide-load asses.  I personally don't like 'em big (i.e. can't fit in airline seat w/o grease), but picking chicks up from a bar has gotta be much easier if you'll take anything there.

Back on point...  stop testing for weed already.  Especially since it can help as medication in some situations.  My guess is they're just holding it as leverage for CBA negotiations.

They test for absolutely everything...but they tell you in advance...I think they're just trying to weed out the ignorant. 

2 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

They test for absolutely everything...but they tell you in advance...I think they're just trying to weed out the ignorant. 

Maybe it's just a power trip thing then.  Like the NFL knows weed isn't bad, but they just like forcing guys to conform to whatever they say?

The NFL should exclude it from testing.  Though for the more conservative teams/coaches, maybe let teams test for it if they want (so long as it's not legal in the state).

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Calling Henderson a starter is a stretch. He was out most of the offseason with Crohn's disease (of which, smoking weed is a treatment)

Jordan Mills has been the starting RT for a while. 

It doesn't matter Bit.

The main point of the thread was to show the continuing pattern of behavior with Buffalo and how the absolutely horrific off-season they're having seems to have no end in sight.

I took "Starting" out of the thread title for you.

Satisfied?

39 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There's no way it gets overturned because he was sick.  The league just doesn't work that way.

As for Rex I honestly don't think it has anything to do with discipline - there are just idiots everywhere.  

Well he's two for two.  I'm waiting for the season where his team plays disciplined football.  Just one.  

Come on, we know Rex isn't that kind of HC

42 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

BB let Aaron Hernandez kill a guy...zero discipline in that locker room.

35 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Tell that to the DEA.

I agree with you, by the way.

Agree here. The restrictions on medical research were lifted (thank god - why limit research on anything?), but it's still a class I. 

My opinion? The federal classification changes once the DEA finds a new bogeyman to chase, thereby insuring the continuing flow of funds to the agency. 

Lots of info in the news lately on "Designer Drugs". Now, nothing new, and of course the DEA has been after them for years, but I expect either these or another substance to get a LOT of play in the media in the next year, and then weed loses it's Class I status, may become Federally legal and whatever other something is next on the "evil" list, funding goes there and DEA rocks on with the same budget. 

5 minutes ago, King P said:

I personally think he should be given a pass due to the usage being for medical purposes and not recreational.

But I highly doubt that's going to happen though

Agreed, but all that's gonna do is start new epidemics of questionable illnesses with NFL players.  If he was given a pass, there'd be 500 players with fibromyalgia a week later.

Just stop testing for it entirely.

49 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Smoke weed, 4 games.

Beat your wife 20 times, 1 game.

Seems legit.

The thing is...you know the rules going in. Society has numerous discrepancies and injustices in its laws as well. We as citizens should fight for better laws, but we must be prepared to abide by existing laws or face the consequences of violating them. Just how it works.

21 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Agreed, but all that's gonna do is start new epidemics of questionable illnesses with NFL players.  If he was given a pass, there'd be 500 players with fibromyalgia a week later.

Just stop testing for it entirely.

They don't test for it during the season..

7 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

They don't test for it during the season..

Right.  Unless they've been caught before I think.

Regardless though, just stop testing for it at all.  As in never, ever, ever... not only once a year, not on leap years, not when the sun earth moon and Mars align.  Never test for it.

16 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

The thing is...you know the rules going in. Society has numerous discrepancies and injustices in its laws as well. We as citizens should fight for better laws, but we must be prepared to abide by existing laws or face the consequences of violating them. Just how it works.

thank you for this information

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Right.  Unless they've been caught before I think.

Regardless though, just stop testing for it at all.  As in never, ever, ever... not only once a year, not on leap years, not when the sun earth moon and Mars align.  Never test for it.

At this point it certainly seems a bit silly.  

31 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Agree here. The restrictions on medical research were lifted (thank god - why limit research on anything?), but it's still a class I. 

My opinion? The federal classification changes once the DEA finds a new bogeyman to chase, thereby insuring the continuing flow of funds to the agency. 

Lots of info in the news lately on "Designer Drugs". Now, nothing new, and of course the DEA has been after them for years, but I expect either these or another substance to get a LOT of play in the media in the next year, and then weed loses it's Class I status, may become Federally legal and whatever other something is next on the "evil" list, funding goes there and DEA rocks on with the same budget. 

I hope you're right, but I personally don't see the DEA ever removing a substance from their banned list unless they are forced to do so. 

The more substances they get banned, the more funding they receive for their endless, unwinnable war on drugs.

2 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

I hope you're right, but I personally don't see the DEA ever removing a substance from their banned list unless they are forced to do so. 

The more substances they get banned, the more funding they receive for their endless, unwinnable war on drugs.

Exactly.  Without turning this into a political discussion you hit the nail on the head this is about the dollars

Archived