The difference between a good player and a great player

detectivekimble

Wilkerson and Richardson are very good players.  They're even Pro Bowl players.  I don't think you break the bank for guys like that.

Leonard Williams, however, is a great player.  He's a game wrecker just like Kris Jenkins was.  This is the sort of guy you pay.  To make grown men look like little boys at the NFL level is nothing short of special.  

8 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Wilkerson and Richardson are very good players.  They're even Pro Bowl players.  I don't think you break the bank for guys like that.

Leonard Williams, however, is a great player.  He's a game wrecker just like Kris Jenkins was.  This is the sort of guy you pay.  To make grown men look like little boys at the NFL level is nothing short of special.  

Williams was an absolute beast yesterday.  If he is going to be that good all year then absolutely - first step to Canton - he was all but unstoppable yesterday.

14 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Somewhere along the way, I said that Williams was going to step forwards as our best player on D this year. So far, so good... especially with Revis turning into Cromartie.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Somewhere along the way, I said that Williams was going to step forwards as our best player on D this year. So far, so good... especially with Revis turning into Cromartie.

I remember that.  I expected him to be good this year, but wow.  He's got that grown man playing against boys thing going on that you see/saw with guys like Watt, Jenkins, Haynesworth (before he got fat and lazy), etc.

And CB is a young man's position.  I used to laugh when people would say that Cromartie had "no technique" and that Revis would age better because he has "technique."  No sir, CB is about athleticism.  So long as you have recovery speed and ball skills, you're a good CB.  Revis and Cromartie had those things in abundance.  Once that goes, you're screwed.  

I dont think some fans truly understand how much each of these guys presence effect the other.

Wilk is great.  Like Watt then Wilk type great.

Leo had a great game.  Lots of Football left to be considered "great".  I think he will be, I basically did back flips the day we drafted him.  Just sayin, give it some time.

Is McLendon great?  He might have been the best defensive player on the field yesterday.

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's down right scary how good and how quick he became that good.  Crazier that his body still hasn't completely developed yet.  He will be one of the greats if he stays healthy. Wow!!!

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I dont think some fans truly understand how much each of these guys presence effect the other.

Wilk is great.  Like Watt then Wilk type great.

Leo had a great game.  Lots of Football left to be considered "great".  I think he will be, I basically did back flips the day we drafted him.  Just sayin, give it some time.

Is McLendon great?  He might have been the best defensive player on the field yesterday.

Leo is going to be the best DL in football by the end of next season.

McLendon might be great too. I dunno. Should trade one of them for a ******* QB.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Leo is going to be the best DL in football by the end of next season.

McLendon might be great too. I dunno. Should trade one of them for a ******* QB.

I dont doubt it.  Leo is a beast.  Like I said, I did back flips when we took him.

The thing we dont know is, what would Leo look like sans Mo Wilk, Richardson, Snacks and now McLendon.

My point isnt trying to take anything away from Leo.  He's a freak.  I'm just saying...these guys benefit immensely from one another. 

Just now, JiF said:

I dont doubt it.  Leo is a beast.  Like I said, I did back flips when we took him.

The thing we dont know is, what would Leo look like sans Mo Wilk, Richardson, Snacks and now McLendon.

My point isnt trying to take anything away from Leo.  He's a freak.  I'm just saying...these guys benefit immensely from one another. 

I actually thinks he tapers off once Rishardsin gets back.  He seem to last year.  No idea why.

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

Did anyone call that into question? 

Anyone here with half a wit (which is few and far between) understands cause and effect, and why football is a complementary game.

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I actually thinks he tapers off once Rishardsin gets back.  He seem to last year.  No idea why.

Nope. Not this year. 

This year, he makes all the others looks like they need to hit the weight room. He's going to eat a QB before the season ends... creating an all new statistical category. 

QB sacks <<< QB snacks

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Nope. Not this year. 

This year, he makes all the others looks like they need to hit the weight room. He's going to eat a QB before the season ends... creating an all new statistical category. 

QB sacks <<< QB snacks

Hopefully not.  He was amazing to watch yesterday.

I posted this before. Gil Brandt had him as the best player in the 2015 draft. Jets got lucky. Hes only 21! Look the f*ck out! Jets are going to destroy a few QBs this year, maybe starts Thursday night. I cant believe Dalton didn't fumble the ball, guy has really matured as a QB.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

No you didn't.

I actually think Richardson has/had the potential to be that kind of player, too bad he is a dunder head fup.  In any case these guys careers here will be wasted if we get the kind of tripe secondary play we had yesterday and if we fail to find at least a good QB.

Just now, Saul Goodman said:

I wouldn't lump Wilk and Richardson together. Wilk is miles better. But I agree on Leonard, he is just ridiculously talented. His offseason goal was to get stronger (he looked really soft without a shirt on as a rookie) and it looks like he made some strides there.

I Agree I think Wilkerson > Richardson. But I think Richardson has a higher ceiling . I hope we can keep all 3. When it's all said and done 

Archived