jets are waiting to trade geno, in my humble opinion

jets rooter

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets are built for the playoffs.  Geno, unfortunately, represents our best chance to win if Fitz gets hurt or looks completely horrible over the first part of the season.  If they thought Petty was able to fill that role then Geno would have been traded or cut already.

2 hours ago, jets rooter said:

with all the injuries to starting q.b.s. and more in the future.the jets are hoping that teams desperate for a good deal for geno.I hope that they will deal geno for draft picks next year..

They will be lucky to get a sack of balls for Geno ...

download.jpg

If Geno gets significant playing time for us this year, then that means the season is in the sh*ttter.  And if the season is in the sh*tter, there's no need to play Geno.  In conclusion, Geno is hot garbage and would have been traded if anyone wanted him.  The best return we can hope for at this point for Geno is a bag of deflated footballs. True story.

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

Jets are built for the playoffs.  Geno, unfortunately, represents our best chance to win if Fitz gets hurt or looks completely horrible over the first part of the season.  If they thought Petty was able to fill that role then Geno would have been traded or cut already.

True but just because they believe that doesn't make them right. I think Petty is better right now; how many times have we seen situations where players came in and surprised the coaches and played better than how they "practiced".  I think Petty is a gamer and hope that at some point this year we will get a chance to see him.

Just now, JetBlue said:

True but just because they believe that doesn't make them right. I think Petty is better right now; how many times have we seen situations where players came in and surprised the coaches and played better than how they "practiced".  I think Petty is a gamer and hope that at some point this year we will get a chance to see him.

he looks like he could be a gamer, he models his game after farve.  

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

People say this like it is a fact. No one knows if Fitz provides us the "best chance to win" or if Geno provides the best chance to win after Fitz falls on his dick. Personally I think that neither is true, and right now Petty would give us the best chance to win. 

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

People say this like it is a fact. No one knows if Fitz provides us the "best chance to win" or if Geno provides the best chance to win after Fitz falls on his dick. Personally I think that neither is true, and right now Petty would give us the best chance to win. 

If you are starting QB for a team that is a playoff contender than you are deemed the best option at that position to help us win.  The fact that Geno was named #2 before Petty's injury says a lot and they didn't even draft him. The coaching staff know that Geno is pretty much gone next season so if he is  above Petty on the depth chart then Petty has not earned the trust of the coaches to lead lead this team. 

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

If you are starting QB for a team that is a playoff contender than you are deemed the best option at that position to help us win.  The fact that Geno was named #2 before Petty's injury says a lot and they didn't even draft him. The coaching staff know that Geno is pretty much gone next season so if he is  above Petty on the depth chart then Petty has not earned the trust of the coaches to lead lead this team. 

While I agree that Petty likely hasn't earned the coaches trust yet...it doesn't mean the coaches are right or that he won't over the next few weeks.  My guess is if Geno wasn't so cheap Petty would be the 2.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

While I agree that Petty likely hasn't earned the coaches trust yet...it doesn't mean the coaches are right or that he won't over the next few weeks.  My guess is if Geno wasn't so cheap Petty would be the 2.

I pray for the day our coaches are right more often. ;)

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

if geno becomes the qb they are not making the playoffs.  they're not holding onto geno b/c he can admirably fill in for fitz.  they're holding onto him IMO b/c they think he may have trade value at some point, and they get nothing after the season.  they had no problem cutting milliner and amaro.  amaro was inactive for the titans and milliner cleared waivers.  those players have basically no value.  geno might, if there are more qb injuries.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if geno becomes the qb they are not making the playoffs.  they're not holding onto geno b/c he can admirably fill in for fitz.  they're holding onto him IMO b/c they think he may have trade value at some point, and they get nothing after the season.  they had no problem cutting milliner and amaro.  amaro was inactive for the titans and milliner cleared waivers.  those players have basically no value.  geno might, if there are more qb injuries.

It's certainly possible they have him listed as the #2 only to spur interest in a trade, but I find that less likely than the more obvious answer, that right now they view him as the second best QB on the roster.

I have little doubt they would trade him for something reasonable, but at this point they must know the market for him is small to non-existent 

25 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

This is why Geno Smith does not belong on our roster.  As discussed in the summer:

1.  If Fitzpatrick goes down for even one game, the season is over, our schedule is just too tough to tolerate a QB change.

2.  If Fitzpatrick stays healthy the whole season, we don't need a backup so the conversation is moot.

In either scenario, it would be best for Bryce Petty to get the #2 reps in practice (as a Jet and not the opponent as a scout QB) and/or to start a few games for real (to validate his potential before the April draft).

If the Jets fall to 0-4 or 0-5, look for Geno to get cut so as to have a more tolerable locker room situation when Petty is named the starter.

SAR I

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

Hi, we lost the tie-breaker last week.

11 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Yes I am serious.  We are a playoff contending team.  We missed out on a tie breaker last year and right now, perhaps an extra point and FG away this year if you know what I mean.

Last year's team goes 7-9 if we faced an average schedule, as it was we needed 3 miracle wins to eke out a 10 win season with a cupcake schedule.

This offseason, we didn't add missing pieces to create a playoff masterpiece.  We lost Snacks so we got a replacement.  We lost Brick so we got a replacement.  We lost Ivory so we got a replacement.  These were not additions that built up the roster from 2015.  These just kept us flat to last year.  And all three replacements are injury-prone so we hang by a thread if any get dinged up.

As for the rest of the improvements, well, they're all rookies.  Lee, the two WR's, a LB, etc.

We are a rebuilding team with few draft picks and a limited budget.  Maccagnan has done the best he could but we are not a playoff team because we didn't actually win 10 legitimate games last year and we are only capable of 7 or 8 this year.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Last year's team goes 7-9 if we faced an average schedule, as it was we needed 3 miracle wins to eke out a 10 win season with a cupcake schedule.

This offseason, we didn't add missing pieces to create a playoff masterpiece.  We lost Snacks so we got a replacement.  We lost Brick so we got a replacement.  We lost Ivory so we got a replacement.  These were not additions that built up the roster from 2015.  These just kept us flat to last year.  And all three replacements are injury-prone so we hang by a thread if any get dinged up.

As for the rest of the improvements, well, they're all rookies.  Lee, the two WR's, a LB, etc.

We are a rebuilding team with few draft picks and a limited budget.  Maccagnan has done the best he could but we are not a playoff team because we didn't actually win 10 legitimate games last year and we are only capable of 7 or 8 this year.

SAR I

this, and the qb is below average.  there's a reason fitz has never made the postseason.

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

this, and the qb is below average.  there's a reason fitz has never made the postseason.

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

A win is a win.   I don't care if you have 1, 3 or 5 miracle wins on your record.  Perhaps we will win 7 or 8 and then maybe we will have some games like this Sunday and say we should have won like 2 or 3 more wins.   Heck even GB had some miracle wins last year.

Will we make the playoffs?  I pray we do.

Archived