Good thing we drafted a guy 20th overall to cover tight ends...

Beerfish

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Those average drafts have led to 8 straight AFCE titles, 5 straight AFCCG's and a Super Bowl championship.

Don't kid yourself, B and B have everything to do with that - which is (rightfully) why they'll be almost impossible to supplant as the best duo of all time. The patriots drafts, for all Bill's lauded maneuvering has been boderline atrocious. 

10 hours ago, Jetster said:

Wait until you see what the Pats are going to have to pay Collins to keep him! And they have Hightower too. Collins turned out to be just an amazingly gifted LB. Best pick for the Pats after Brady & Gronk.

Collins is a beast and I want him on the Jets. It is extremely rare for a guy like this to hit the open market at 28, but maybe.

I heard his name a few times last night, good thing they have the slo-mo instant replay because I didn't catch him in real time. The guy is lightning fast and he still wouldn't have been my pick at 20 but it isn't like he is playing poorly. He also fits Bowles system.

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I heard his name a few times last night, good thing they have the slo-mo instant replay because I didn't catch him in real time. The guy is lightning fast and he still wouldn't have been my pick at 20 but it isn't like he is playing poorly. He also fits Bowles system.

Don't watch the last Buffalo TD what ever you do.

Fails to cover the back coming out of the back field, gets caught flat footed, takes a horrendous angle on the play thus the guy runs right by him, makes a pathetic tackle effort.  Bowles was just blasting him on the sideline after that play.

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Fails to cover the back coming out of the back field, gets caught flat footed, takes a horrendous angle on the play thus the guy runs right by him, makes a pathetic tackle effort.  Bowles was just blasting him on the sideline after that play.

...They clearly were letting Buffalo get the score on that drive. The call must have been play real loose let buffalo move just make them use up the clock as they do it. Either way i certainly wouldn't judge any player based on one single play let alone a rookie.

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I'm not sure if you realize this - but no matter how much you complain / criticize someone you wished we'd never drafted - we still don't get to redo the draft...

Here's a suggestion: you might enjoy watching the game more if you try rooting for all of the players on the Jets!

Oh yeah.  Work on progress. Bowles coach him up.  Guy is lightening fast and will only get bigger and stronger.  But he will always be tiny linebacker to me.  

He leads the Jets in tackles. Thank you

1 hour ago, thshadow said:

I'm not sure if you realize this - but no matter how much you complain / criticize someone you wished we'd never drafted - we still don't get to redo the draft...

Here's a suggestion: you might enjoy watching the game more if you try rooting for all of the players on the Jets!

Preposterous.  

Since the draft is a crap shoot what constitutes a good draft. 7 rounds and most teams will have 6 picks, for a good draft you need 2 players worthy of a second contract and another 2 that play through their rookie contacts. In my opinion Mac is on his way to meeting these goals. Enough with complaining about the who and root for the result.

13 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Since the draft is a crap shoot what constitutes a good draft. 7 rounds and most teams will have 6 picks, for a good draft you need 2 players worthy of a second contract and another 2 that play through their rookie contacts. In my opinion Mac is on his way to meeting these goals. Enough with complaining about the who and root for the result.

In addition to that, which I agree with, Mac is also finding real gems late and in FA. This is an area where we have been really weak in over the years. We have had a couple goodies but over all it's been a top end roster for the Jets. Just our WR depth and the way the O line second stringers have come in and played gives me a really good feeling that I just might be willing ti trust our GM again.

Archived