Good thing we drafted a guy 20th overall to cover tight ends...

Beerfish

And there you have it, as I suspected on that play Marcus Williams or others were taking the heat for a blown coverage by our tiny linebacker.  Can people once again assure me of how this guy will prevent TE's and RBs from killing us?

QUESTION: Looked like you may have had your first 'Welcome to the NFL' moment on Sunday when Bengals tight end C.J. Uzomah got past you for the long gain. Can you take me through that play?

Lee: It was man-to-man coverage. It was more on myself than him getting me. I took a bad angle, but I settle in after that for sure. It is what it is. It was a rookie mistake. I saw him, then I froze up a little bit. I guess that was like my rookie moment, you know what I mean? They say you can freeze up. It didn't happen again, thank God. That's all it was though. Nothing else.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And there you have it, as I suspected on that play Marcus Williams or others were taking the heat for a blown coverage by our tiny linebacker.  Can people once again assure me of how this guy will prevent TE's and RBs from killing us?

QUESTION: Looked like you may have had your first 'Welcome to the NFL' moment on Sunday when Bengals tight end C.J. Uzomah got past you for the long gain. Can you take me through that play?

Lee: It was man-to-man coverage. It was more on myself than him getting me. I took a bad angle, but I settle in after that for sure. It is what it is. It was a rookie mistake. I saw him, then I froze up a little bit. I guess that was like my rookie moment, you know what I mean? They say you can freeze up. It didn't happen again, thank God. That's all it was though. Nothing else.

glad to see you're carrying MaineJets torch of stupidity

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Agreed. And Tom Brady was a bust because he once threw an INT. 

If all we've got on him is a blown coverage I'm not overly concerned. You can fix that from experience.

All offseason I was hearing how on every play he'd be getting crushed by guards and the opposition would be running all over us, due to him being the tiniest player ever. Did that happen yet?

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Eh, I expect some mistakes from rookies. I'm not particularly worried about Lee, I think he'll be a fine player. He's just not a QB, and we need a QB.

We went with Lee + Hack, but could have easily drafted Lynch + Sua Cravens (who I think was drafted to do the same thing as Lee, by the Redskins).

Will be interesting to follow their trajectories.

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Eh, I expect some mistakes from rookies. I'm not particularly worried about Lee, I think he'll be a fine player. He's just not a QB, and we need a QB.

We went with Lee + Hack, but could have easily drafted Lynch + Sua Cravens (who I think was drafted to do the same thing as Lee, by the Redskins).

Will be interesting to follow their trajectories.

This should be carved into one of the cornerstones at MetLife Stadium. 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Glad to see everyone at least acknowledge he got killed on his 1st really big important play in the league by a no name TE that helped turn the tide in the game.  He's just a rookie.....shrug.

Equally important that Marcus Williams was in a good position to either tackle the TE and/or even break it up, and did neither. So, it is what it is. Not the best hill to die on when his first game ever wasn't bad.

Glad to see everyone at least acknowledge he got killed on his 1st really big important play in the league by a no name TE that helped turn the tide in the game.  He's just a rookie.....shrug.

Marshall dropped a pass that would have set us up for a game winning FG. What do we do about that? 

Hahaha... So Lee is the reason we lost the game... I see the logic... Under that same logic I blame Forte for getting stuffed at the goalline.. on that one play... That turned the tide since we didn't score...

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He had a rookie moment and made a mistake his first game?  Holy crap what a waste of a pick!! Thanks Idzik.

53 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

just so I don't totally ignore all your posts, could you find at least one thing you like about this team?  I know it's tough for negative nellies but please try.

22 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Equally important that Marcus Williams was in a good position to either tackle the TE and/or even break it up, and did neither. So, it is what it is. Not the best hill to die on when his first game ever wasn't bad.

That play, a HUGE one in the game made it bad.

Archived