We will win in Kansas City next week. Book it.

Fibonacci

55 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

The Jets just played against one of the better secondaries in the league and we lit them up because they really did not apply much pressure up front... if we can hold off KC's pass rush (which I think we can) I think we can light them up as well. KC is a dink and dunk football team what we need to concentrate on is their TE and RB's out of the back field and also Alex Smith scrambling out of the pocket. Put a spy on Smith rush 4 DL and drop in coverage and we will win this game.

That's a lot of games & a lot of luck to win 11 in a row, let's hope it's a letdown game for them when we come out & punch them in the face! Jets getting up on that dink & dunk offense 21-0 like Chargers did would unleash our pass rush which is like night & day compared to San Diego who drafted Bosa for a reason (they suck up front). I think KC has a decent NT but I don't think they have a BIG Dline. Houston will probably be out & Tamba Hali is getting old & playing nicked up. Interesting to see if he gets through the Houston game. We might be able to pound this team into submission & wear their small azzes out.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Besides the playoff loss doesn't KC have like an 11 game win streak? This game is in one of the toughest places to play. I'm not seeing it, I'm calling a loss in a close low scoring affair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because you're calling it a loss I'll quibble ,lol

let's phrase it as KC on an 11-1 stretch... Playoff games count  ... They are Playing some tough football right now!

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

That's a lot of games & a lot of luck to win 11 in a row, let's hope it's a letdown game for them when we come out & punch them in the face! Jets getting up on that dink & dunk offense 21-0 like Chargers did would unleash our pass rush which is like night & day compared to San Diego who drafted Bosa for a reason (they suck up front). I think KC has a decent NT but I don't think they have a BIG Dline. Houston will probably be out & Tamba Hali is getting old & playing nicked up. Interesting to see if he gets through the Houston game. We might be able to pound this team into submission & wear their small azzes out.

I know I posted a possible way to beat KC but the biggest worry I have is that we just get out coached Andy Reid is a damn good coach and what this team did last week showed what this team is made of this will be a tough game in the loudest stadium in the NFL ...not a place you want to fall behind

Alex Smith is an easier target for our demolition derby guys than TT was. And you saw what happened to Andy Dalton.  I think they will put a beating on him. But he's a smart Qb and you can't over run him. He is more experienced than our D other than Revis and Harris. I think we can match up well against them. Love to steal a game there to make up for the Cincy loss. 

On 9/16/2016 at 5:52 AM, Fibonacci said:

Go ahead, ridicule me. Tonight was a character game for this team. Fitz overcame against Rex. Some fluke plays made this game closer than the score suggests. Jets are a good team. No reason not to think big. I said it, we will win in Kansas City and we will defeat Seahawks at home. This team is special. This coaching staff is special. They are on a mission and they will prove it the next two weeks. First stop is in Kansas City. This team will go get the win. Trust in this team. They are on a special journey. 

IF Fitz plays like he did in the Buffalo game we certainly will. 

On 9/16/2016 at 7:33 AM, Jetdawgg said:

If Fitz can connect on the deep ball we will win. He missed a few last night. Particularly one to Decker. If he hits Decker in stride and a bit over the middle that is a TD.

The Q is making space for the team and Fitz is exploiting that option very well

I think the pass you're talking about was to mini Marshall and it was a perfect pass that he was held on or he would have ran right under, and it drew a PI call. 

Fitz was pretty much dead on from the 2nd quarter on. I only hope it continues. Probably will ebb and flow. 

5 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I think the pass you're talking about was to mini Marshall and it was a perfect pass that he was held on or he would have ran right under, and it drew a PI call. 

Fitz was pretty much dead on from the 2nd quarter on. I only hope it continues. Probably will ebb and flow. 

He did miss the one to MiniMarsh also. The one he missed to Decker was thrown outside the right hash mark. Had Fitz come toward the middle a bit he may have hit Decker in stride for a TD.

32 minutes ago, BRONX DUDE said:

I feel a itty bit of cockiness on this board after a win against one of the worst teams in football.

Way to go guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I disagree on that. The Bills aren't a bad team. I thought they would compete this year. It's not over yet. As for us why not be confident. We match up well against anybody. 

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I disagree on that. The Bills aren't a bad team. I thought they would compete this year. It's not over yet. As for us why not be confident. We match up well against anybody. 

I think that the Bills are in real danger now that they have fired their OC in Roman for an unknown in Anthony Lynn.  He will have the advantage at first but when the league gets a book on him making adjustments will be the key and I'm not sure a team with a still developmental QB and weaker running game is where you want to start.

We all saw this with Rex when he brought in Sparranno when he claimed that Tony was his "kind" of guy and that Sparranno was saving stuff like wildcat magic for the regular season.  Remember how that worked out?

At the end of the day this is on Rex. 

There is no question that two years ago that when the Bills were kicking our butt they had a better team on paper than us. 

Now they don't, and Rex and his choice of players (yes he sought Taylor for the Jets before he left but was denied by the Ravens) is reflective of the Bills lack of depth on the offensive side of the ball.

It isn't by magic that Macc has seemed to get all these great WRs, it is by choice.  And it is a choice that the HC in Bowles endorses and understands needs to happen so that the team can be balanced and effective something I still don't think Rex fully gets...............    detect.gif

23 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I think that the Bills are in real danger now that they have fired their OC in Roman for an unknown in Anthony Lynn.  He will have the advantage at first but when the league gets a book on him making adjustments will be the key and I'm not sure a team with a still developmental QB and weaker running game is where you want to start.

We all saw this with Rex when he brought in Sparranno when he claimed that Tony was his "kind" of guy and that Sparranno was saving stuff like wildcat magic for the regular season.  Remember how that worked out?

At the end of the day this is on Rex. 

There is no question that two years ago that when the Bills were kicking our butt they had a better team on paper than us. 

Now they don't, and Rex and his choice of players (yes he sought Taylor for the Jets before he left but was denied by the Ravens) is reflective of the Bills lack of depth on the offensive side of the ball.

It isn't by magic that Macc has seemed to get all these great WRs, it is by choice.  And it is a choice that the HC in Bowles endorses and understands needs to happen so that the team can be balanced and effective something I still don't think Rex fully gets...............    detect.gif

Mac made a great deal of course to get Brandon Marshall but he was lucky, too. The Bears didn't want him anymore and were willing to get rid of him and his contract for almost nothing. Marshall had a long history of bring a troubled person and player. It could have not worked out. But Marshall fit in well with the coaches and players and had a great year which on the field wasn't unusual for him. He has had a number of 100 plus reception years in his career. As for the 2012 season with Rex and Sparano, Tannenbaum, Mark and Tim Tebow we could talk about it all night and reach no conclusions. I still don't understand any of it. 

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Mac made a great deal of course to get Brandon Marshall but he was lucky, too. The Bears didn't want him anymore and were willing to get rid of him and his contract for almost nothing. Marshall had a long history of bring a troubled person and player. It could have not worked out. But Marshall fit in well with the coaches and players and had a great year which on the field wasn't unusual for him. He has had a number of 100 plus reception years in his career. As for the 2012 season with Rex and Sparano, Tannenbaum, Mark and Tim Tebow we could talk about it all night and reach no conclusions. I still don't understand any of it. 

I too believe in luck but it is amazing and strange that the harder you work and the more prepared you are, the luckier you seem to become!!

Knowing who is available and having connections within the NFL makes good trades possible and that is what happened with Marshall but I look at all the new talent the Jets have and I just don't believe that it was by accident because IMO this is the most WR depth we have had on offense in the more than my 45+ years of following this team.

And yea the Sparrano choice and Tebow magic is definitely a little more than somewhat bewildering :)

20 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Alex Smith is an easier target for our demolition derby guys than TT was. And you saw what happened to Andy Dalton.  I think they will put a beating on him. But he's a smart Qb and you can't over run him. He is more experienced than our D other than Revis and Harris. I think we can match up well against them. Love to steal a game there to make up for the Cincy loss. 

Alex Smith is more elusive than you think and he's one of the better smarter running QB's in the NFL he just makes the choice to pass more than he does to run. Alex Smith runs like Fitz does, when you least expect it he makes a huge 3rd down play to extend a drive or he scrambles and makes a great throw on the run. If we don't contain him in the pocket he has the ability to kill us on the outside and enough skill players on offense to make that happen. The key is not to over pursue and hold our lanes, you over pursue this team and it will get ugly because Spencer Ware is not that big a step down from Jamal Charles. Alex Smith is probably the best game manager in the NFL there is a reason this team beats everyone they play

I think we have a chance at winning every game this season but this will not be an easy win. I expect our defense to have a big game against them though seeing as Alex Smith typically takes a little longer to throw the ball and probably wont get many rushing yards against us. I am not loving the Revis on Maclin matchup but hopefully we will come up with a good game plan to avoid another big touchdown play. 

9 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I too believe in luck but it is amazing and strange that the harder you work and the more prepared you are, the luckier you seem to become!!

Knowing who is available and having connections within the NFL makes good trades possible and that is what happened with Marshall but I look at all the new talent the Jets have and I just don't believe that it was by accident because IMO this is the most WR depth we have had on offense in the more than my 45+ years of following this team.

And yea the Sparrano choice and Tebow magic is definitely a little more than somewhat bewildering :)

In that light, you can tell good teams when you see them. Sometimes, especially early in the season, or in trap games you can steal a win from them, but they just win more often. Even when they're down they still believe they will win, and do not panic. 

The Jets look like a very good team to me. They looked better than Cinci, and much better than the Bills. If we get the communication straightened out we will be very hard to beat, and you can put us in the upper tier. 

I think Ijalana needs to get the nod at RT, and would like Carp back but now we see we have good depth at tackle, guard, and center. 

Marshall was out and we kept clicking also. We can win half our games against the elite, and clean up on the also rans. I like the way this team is being run. I can tell you that.

No more WTF moments is very comforting. 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Alex Smith is more elusive than you think and he's one of the better smarter running QB's in the NFL he just makes the choice to pass more than he does to run. Alex Smith runs like Fitz does, when you least expect it he makes a huge 3rd down play to extend a drive or he scrambles and makes a great throw on the run. If we don't contain him in the pocket he has the ability to kill us on the outside and enough skill players on offense to make that happen. The key is not to over pursue and hold our lanes, you over pursue this team and it will get ugly because Spencer Ware is not that big a step down from Jamal Charles. Alex Smith is probably the best game manager in the NFL there is a reason this team beats everyone they play

You're right. He's a good running Qb and can beat you with his legs. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

You're right. He's a good running Qb and can beat you with his legs. 

There's a HUGE difference in the speed of Tyrod Taylor vs Alex Smith & the arm strength! Tyrod Taylor would smoke Alex Smith in a foot race, he would also out throw him on the run. 

Alex Smith would in no way been able to do 2 things we saw on Thursday night. 1, he would never had been able to throw that ball ahead Goodwin & 2, and he wouldn't have been able to juke a Jet out of his shoes & than find Salas way down field. Alex Smith is an OPPORTUNISTIC runner not a quick twitch guy like Taylor. Trod is the FASTEST QB playing in the NFL right now, Russell Wilson looks slow comparitively. Trods just not a great QB too.

That being said, of course we have to be wary of Smith running but our new faster LBs will close the gap on getting to Smith a lot faster than when Trod takes off running. The other obvious difference is the long ball. I expect the Jets to play a lot more man pressure vs Smith & squeeze the short area of the field he likes to use. Get Smith to hold the ball for that extra second it takes for our beasts to get there.

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

There's a HUGE difference in the speed of Tyrod Taylor vs Alex Smith & the arm strength! Tyrod Taylor would smoke Alex Smith in a foot race, he would also out throw him on the run. 

Alex Smith would in no way been able to do 2 things we saw on Thursday night. 1, he would never had been able to throw that ball ahead Goodwin & 2, and he wouldn't have been able to juke a Jet out of his shoes & than find Salas way down field. Alex Smith is an OPPORTUNISTIC runner not a quick twitch guy like Taylor. Trod is the FASTEST QB playing in the NFL right now, Russell Wilson looks slow comparitively. Trods just not a great QB too.

That being said, of course we have to be wary of Smith running but our new faster LBs will close the gap on getting to Smith a lot faster than when Trod takes off running. The other obvious difference is the long ball. I expect the Jets to play a lot more man pressure vs Smith & squeeze the short area of the field he likes to use. Get Smith to hold the ball for that extra second it takes for our beasts to get there.

Good analysis. You've got me sold. 

7 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Dislike premature claims of victory. Makes me nervous. This is the Jets. Chiefs are a great team. 

Not an easy W. We're legit underdogs but I think we have a good chance to win. Hopefully they can fix the secondary and contain Alex Smith and cover the edges. This team on D needs discipline to win. They have the talent. 

Archived