We will win in Kansas City next week. Book it.

Fibonacci

I was a little buzzed when I started this thread but to be honest, I am not that far off. My only concern about the Chiefs game is Andy Reid. He is a good in game coach and more experienced than Bowles. Other than that, we match up well against the Chiefs and we are by no means underdogs.  

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Dislike premature claims of victory. Makes me nervous. This is the Jets. Chiefs are a great team. 

Great would be a stretch,lol. They are very good at home. They looked like dogsh*t in Houston today.

Go ahead, ridicule me. Tonight was a character game for this team. Fitz overcame against Rex. Some fluke plays made this game closer than the score suggests. Jets are a good team. No reason not to think big. I said it, we will win in Kansas City and we will defeat Seahawks at home. This team is special. This coaching staff is special. They are on a mission and they will prove it the next two weeks. First stop is in Kansas City. This team will go get the win. Trust in this team. They are on a special journey. 

How long have you been a Jet fan? Seems like not that long, otherwise you'd know you don't ever declare a Jets win...Ugh, the jinx is in...

2 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

The Jets may be great too. Let's see what happens on the field.

Thats all I'm saying too. Let's see what happens on field before we make statements like "book it". 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Great would be a stretch,lol. They are very good at home. They looked like dogsh*t in Houston today.

I mean... splitting hairs here. "Great" vs "very good" - call it how you see it but bottom line is they aren't a team you look at and say "Book it" before you even play the game. I'm all for confidence but after the way we nearly gave that lead away vs the bills I'm not ready to under estimate anybody. 

On 9/19/2016 at 0:21 AM, Be_a_Jet said:

Thats all I'm saying too. Let's see what happens on field before we make statements like "book it". 

You are right on this one. As OP, I admit that I got carried away by Jets dominant games both against Bengals and Bills. We are a good team and unless a lot of stupid mistakes don't happen on the field we will win against KC. Say Jets play a mistake free game, meaning no INT's or no fumbles etc, I can't see a way Chiefs win against us. For whatever they put forward, we will have an answer. Because we are the better team. I am no Namath and I should have stayed away from guaranteeing things. Cheers and I hope we win so I don't eat crow. Feeling anxious right now. :lol:

On 9/15/2016 at 11:52 PM, Fibonacci said:

Go ahead, ridicule me. Tonight was a character game for this team. Fitz overcame against Rex. Some fluke plays made this game closer than the score suggests. Jets are a good team. No reason not to think big. I said it, we will win in Kansas City and we will defeat Seahawks at home. This team is special. This coaching staff is special. They are on a mission and they will prove it the next two weeks. First stop is in Kansas City. This team will go get the win. Trust in this team. They are on a special journey. 

Pig. Ripe. Slaughter. 

46 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I feel so much better about this game then I did before the season starts. And that has me really worried lol.

First a word about the Bills - going forward they may well implode due to a lack of confidence and issues in general with their CS, but part of what will be behind that if it happens is that the Jets beat them.  They have a lot of talent.  If they self-destruct going forward that is not the same as the situation that existed when the Jets showed up to play them in Rich.

And they are a division opponent, who knows the Jets team and tendencies.  Point being I think it unfair to discount that win too much.  And losing to Cincy by one point when the kicker should have scored four more is also reason I think to think the Jets are a good team that may be better than the Chiefs.

Two problems, though.  Their CS is more experienced, and imo one of the better groups in the league.  Second they are tough at home, and that's where the game is this weekend.

In short I think it will be a close game.

41 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

First a word about the Bills - going forward they may well implode due to a lack of confidence and issues in general with their CS, but part of what will be behind that if it happens is that the Jets beat them.  They have a lot of talent.  If they self-destruct going forward that is not the same as the situation that existed when the Jets showed up to play them in Rich.

And they are a division opponent, who knows the Jets team and tendencies.  Point being I think it unfair to discount that win too much.  And losing to Cincy by one point when the kicker should have scored four more is also reason I think to think the Jets are a good team that may be better than the Chiefs.

Two problems, though.  Their CS is more experienced, and imo one of the better groups in the league.  Second they are tough at home, and that's where the game is this weekend.

I think it's gonna be a close game...BOOK IT!!! :ph34r:

58 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I agree basically with everything you said. You can't discount any divisional road win. Especially this early in the season. There is no way the Bills quit on Rex Ryan on week 2.

What worries me is the home field for the Chiefs and their CS. I like Bowles but he's still making some poor mistakes (not going for 2 against the Bills) that I really hope he cleans up so they don't cost the Jets in a big spot. The Chiefs are very well coached and don't beat themselves. You have to beat them to win. They aren't going to gift wrap you free points. The Jets have had some bad breakdowns in coverages over the first two weeks, an awful turnover that led to a Bills TD and blew 4 easy points against Cincy. We can't afford to keep doing that. We have to clean up those mistakes. The Chiefs play good D and have an efficient offense. The QB isn't anything special but he won't give the game away.

So we hired an former Kansas City offense lineman who played there for 5 years.  He was a back up.  And I asked him what he thought about this game.  His response?

"I miss the league and wish I could have played longer.  That said, I wouldnt want to be called into action vs. that DL, no way!".

haha - I thought that was pretty funny.

7 hours ago, JiF said:

So we hired an former Kansas City offense lineman who played there for 5 years.  He was a back up.  And I asked him what he thought about this game.  His response?

"I miss the league and wish I could have played longer.  That said, I wouldnt want to be called into action vs. that DL, no way!".

Did you dunk on him?  Or swim move past him to the fatties?

On September 15, 2016 at 11:52 PM, Fibonacci said:

Like where your head's at.

11 hours ago, Larz said:

jets injury list had like 9 names on it.  not too amped up right now

Jets have a full 9 days to heal up. These guys get the best care possible. Let's hope it's KC that's banged up because their list has some important Players on it including both their starting guards....run Alex run!

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Jets have a full 9 days to heal up. These guys get the best care possible. Let's hope it's KC that's banged up because their list has some important Players on it including both their starting guards....run Alex run!

I know the DL made their mark in game one. But this situation with KC's banged up line calls for the Jets' DL to take control of this game.  If they don't it will tell us something, and something not good.

2 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

I know the DL made their mark in game one. But this situation with KC's banged up line calls for the Jets' DL to take control of this game.  If they don't it will tell us something, and something not good.

Sheldon Richardson has been chirping he's overlooked by the media? Hey Sheldon, stop getting suspended at the start of every season & start crushing some f*cking QBs! 

A win vs. a (thus far) mediocre K.C. team will be vital for us if this season is to have potential and meaning.

I hope we see the best our franchise has to offer Sunday, and not a "Same old Jets" letdown.

Hopefully Fitz can build on his success and development with our quad of WR's.

Hopefully Revis can bounce back from two tough weeks.  Hopefully our other DB's got a serious talking to by Bowles.

We must win.  This season has little wiggle room for losing games against teams we are, on paper, better than.

On September 21, 2016 at 0:20 PM, JiF said:

At lunch did hit a 16 foot jumper in his face ?  Swooooosh, nuttin but net.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets are 4 and 17 when the words 'book it' are used to describe their chances at winning a game.  Slightly worse than 'lead pipe cinch' which sits at 5-14.  'I'm calling it now' is a gaudy 7-12.  'The pig is ripe for the slaughter' is actually the best at 8-11.

But that really applied to real pigs except for the 3 greased one's that got away..:)

marshall and decker both missed practice for the 2nd time, jets cleared roster room cutting howsare.  might mean a WR is coming in as insurance

so if the jets WR's are enunwa, jalin marshall peake and a street FA, are we still booking it ?

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

marshall and decker both missed practice for the 2nd time, jets cleared roster room cutting howsare.  might mean a WR is coming in as insurance

so if the jets WR's are enunwa, jalin marshall peake and a street FA, are we still booking it ?

Nope. If we lose, I will be ridiculoed mercilessly. But if we win, I will ask Max to change my handle to Broadway Fibonacci. :lol:

1 hour ago, Fibonacci said:

Nope. If we lose, I will be ridiculoed mercilessly. But if we win, I will ask Max to change my handle to Broadway Fibonacci. :lol:

I won't give you a hard time.  I love the enthusiasm !  I just thought it funny that 2 hours after we were seeing "season over" posts in the game thread that you made this daring declaration.....

19 minutes ago, Larz said:

I won't give you a hard time.  I love the enthusiasm !  I just thought it funny that 2 hours after we were seeing "season over" posts in the game thread that you made this daring declaration.....

We played an inspiring game against a very good Bengals team but lost. Then on a short rest we went ahead and kinda dominated the Bills. This team is something special. I feared injuries and looks like it is happening. If we really don't get hindered by injuries we have a great shot at making the playoffs. Don't worry about darksiders. This Jets team is legit. 

Archived