On to KC

kevinc855

Well, winning is awesome and we can def soak this up the next couple days but we gotta start planning for next week.

The Jets will have extra rest and time to game plan as KC is still now focused on their road matchup with the Texans.

My initial feelings are the Chiefs are they are a good football team but no better then us. I feel this will be won or loss by how Alex Smith manages the game and how our offense responds to this 37 point week. Moreover the secondary needs to step up to pull out a win. KC honestly looked pretty bad against SD in that first half before getting it together. It will be interesting to see how they play the Texans Sunday. I know I will be watching and so will Todd Bowles......

I believe we match up very well with KC. Alex Smith  isn't known for throwing bombs which is our biggest weakness. We need to double Maclin and shut down their run game and we will be fine.

After two outings I am not worried about the offense at all. Bengals and Bills have good defenses and our offense has put up multiple long drives resulting in points. It should be a good game all around and I think we win another close one, 28-21

We are very similar teams but I think that the Jets are much more dynamic on offense. Jamaal Charles isn't 100% healthy and Jeremy Maclin doesn't scare anybody. Travis Kelce is a freak though and can tear up a game if you let him. One thing KC doesn't do is make mistakes. They plan hard, clean football for 60 minutes.

I expect a really tough game but if Fitz plays another good game and takes care of the football then we will win this one.

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

We are very similar teams but I think that the Jets are much more dynamic on offense. Jamaal Charles isn't 100% healthy and Jeremy Maclin doesn't scare anybody. Travis Kelce is a freak though and can tear up a game if you let him. One thing KC doesn't do is make mistakes. They plan hard, clean football for 60 minutes.

I expect a really tough game but if Fitz plays another good game and takes care of the football then we will win this one.

Yes and clean hard football we don't play. We will win if we get through the game turnover free.

22 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Well, considering we're beating Seattle, that means we are going to be three and one after four games and no worse than 3-3 after the brutal first six game stretch. That's tough to see happening, but it's possible.

And yes, we are definitely beating Seattle. Book it.

this brought a smile to my face 

It's going to be a tough game but I believe both teams are pretty evenly matched. Out of our next 4 this is one of those games I think we really need to win. KC is one of the more beatable teams ahead of us right now. I guess we'll have to see how the other 3 teams look this week but @ Arizona is going to be tough, Pitt can light up the scoreboard, and Seattle is still Seattle, there one of the teams I really want to watch this Sunday after seeing them play against Miami last week and not looking so good.

21 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Isn't Charles out? 

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's going to be a tough game but I believe both teams are pretty evenly matched. Out of our next 4 this is one of those games I think we really need to win. KC is one of the more beatable teams ahead of us right now. I guess we'll have to see how the other 3 teams look this week but @ Arizona is going to be tough, Pitt can light up the scoreboard, and Seattle is still Seattle, there one of the teams I really want to watch this Sunday after seeing them play against Miami last week and not looking so good.

Hard to get a read on Seattle right now.  They played with their QB hobbled on one leg last week so not sure if it was Wilson or Miami that kept them in check and the score low

15 minutes ago, KRL said:

I'm pretty sure Justin Houston is out for the first six games of the season

If this is true, it's huge. Dude is a monster, and would cause serious issues against our OL. 

Him being out means we won't need to dedicate a good pass catcher like Forte or Enunwa to help protect Fitz on obvious passing downs. 

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hard to get a read on Seattle right now.  They played with their QB hobbled on one leg last week so not sure if it was Wilson or Miami that kept them in check and the score low

Agreed. That's why I'm trying to make it a point to watch them this week. They've declined in recent years but I don't know how far they've declined. I'm kinda hoping that injury will linger a little until after we play them.

Be interesting to watch the KC Online. Are they big? I'm shocked the Jets had so much trouble with pressure but as everyone knows by now the NFL doesn't like blowouts in primetime. Refs called 2 quick offensive holdings on Buffalo than Nada the rest of the game? You know that's BS against our front. Oh well, we got the win.

Hope Texans beat the hell out of them physically.

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Be interesting to watch the KC Online. Are they big? I'm shocked the Jets had so much trouble with pressure but as everyone knows by now the NFL doesn't like blowouts in primetime. Refs called 2 quick offensive holdings on Buffalo than Nada the rest of the game? You know that's BS against our front. Oh well, we got the win.

Hope Texans beat the hell out of them physically.

There were quite a few uncalled holds the entire game - on both sides - really flagrant too....

I live in KC

KC has problems on defense judging from game 1 vs the Chargers. I watched the entire game.

1. LBs.- LB Tamba Hali was almost not resigned this year ,but they brought his old ass back anyway. Hali was a Ghost with 1 tackle. Derrick Johnson used to be a stud, but he was drafted the same year as Wilfork who is on the downside. Johnson is still good and a fan favorite, but not the same player IMO. LB Houston iis on IR and cannot return until week 10 http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HousJu00.htm LB Zombo is a JAG as far as Im concerned. The LB group looked vulnerable to me just as I thought they would after bringing back old players and not really addressing the position in FA or the draft.

The Chargers were able to exploit the middle of the defense passing and Danny Woodhead and Melvin Gordon had a good day running up the gut .Woody was ripping off 5+ yard runs all day. If Forte is as shifty and quick as Woody you should see the same unless KC was just having a bad game.

2. KC secondary.- SD WR Keenen Allen was tearing the KC secondary up like a rag doll until he blew his ACL out in the 2nd quarter. KC CB 22 Marcus Cooper was yanked out of the game. KC had no answer for him and Allen was just getting warmed up with 60 receiving yards too. KC s comeback win was due in large part to Allens injury IMO. Allen is 6 -2 and 200 lbs. KC struggled vs big WRs in that game. I see the NY WRs as a bad match up vs the KC DBs unless the Chargers game was a mirage. S Eric Berry is a liability in coverage.

3. DL - NT Poe is pretty good. DE Dee Ford has been a bust. I dont remember the KC DL getting a whole lot of pressure on Rivers and vs the run they were getting pushed around and did not stop the run.

15 minutes ago, Lego My Lageman said:

This wont be like this game. Will be a tough place to play but an easier win. Our strength, the D line can finally go and get the qb instead of trying to keep Taylor in the pocket.

Alex Smith can move around pretty good but he can't plant & throw deep like Trod.

1 hour ago, jdeacon said:

I believe we match up very well with KC. Alex Smith  isn't known for throwing bombs which is our biggest weakness. We need to double Maclin and shut down their run game and we will be fine.

After two outings I am not worried about the offense at all. Bengals and Bills have good defenses and our offense has put up multiple long drives resulting in points. It should be a good game all around and I think we win another close one, 28-21

I AM worried about the offense simply b/c that KC defense AT HOME can be absolutely dominant. The Jets O-line play will be CRUCIAL (hopefully Carpenter will be back 100%).

I'm not worried as much about the Jets defense. I agree that without much of a deep ball threat, the Jets defense matches up very well. But I WILL say that facing Alex Smith is no easy task. He is savvy, smart and more athletic than a lot of people give him credit for. 

If the Jets Offense limits turnovers and continue to play the way they have been against Cincy and Buffalo, this should be a huge WIN on the road before an underachieving Seattle team flies all the way to NJ to face the Jets at home.    

5 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I AM worried about the offense simply b/c that KC defense AT HOME can be absolutely dominant. The Jets O-line play will be CRUCIAL (hopefully Carpenter will be back 100%).

I'm not worried as much about the Jets defense. I agree that without much of a deep ball threat, the Jets defense matches up very well. But I WILL say that facing Alex Smith is no easy task. He is savvy, smart and more athletic than a lot of people give him credit for. 

If the Jets Offense limits turnovers and continue to play the way they have been against Cincy and Buffalo, this should be a huge WIN on the road before an underachieving Seattle team flies all the way to NJ to face the Jets at home.    

I think the KC game is the biggest of the 6 game stretch. Could you imagine the confidence we have flying home to face SEA at 2-1. yea baby, lets go Jets!

22 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I think the KC game is the biggest of the 6 game stretch. Could you imagine the confidence we have flying home to face SEA at 2-1. yea baby, lets go Jets!

I would have agreed with you had I not seen how KC, Sea and the Cards played in week 1. Now, @ the Steelers looks to be the toughest challenge in this 6 week stretch. Seattles O-line (and really the whole offense) looks pretty putrid right now- they barely eeked out a win against the Dolphins. KC barely beat SD ad didn't look very good doing it. And Arizona lost to a Brady-less, Gronk-less NE team AT HOME. Meanwhile, the Steelers absolutely dominated the Redskins and their offense looked unstoppable. 

One game at a time, and KC will be a big challenge- as will Seattle and Arizona. But the Steelers AWAY is probably the toughest game. Boy, will I be happy once week 6 is in the books and we have the Ravens, Browns, Dolphins, Rams coming up before a much needed bye week.   

30 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

He's questionable this week but unlikely to play. I think he might play against the Jets given another 10 days.

Good, let's take him out. Perfect team to come back from injury to face, the big boys of the NY Jets landing on ya.

Archived