Bills give up 37 points, fire OC

AFJF

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jet in PA said:

Rex's first scapegoat.

Bingo.

Meanwhile, the offensive coordinator is the one who made Rex look good last year. He'll be back in the league next year, if not before, in the same role. Rex is headed for a downgrade.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Rob Ryan for OC. 

REX: Well, we never lost a fight in our life. Ever. And we ain’t losing this one. And that’s a true statement. Not just because we are badasses—because we are, individually—but collectively, it’s a lot different. To this day, no man is going to whip me. Why? Because I’ve got my brother with me.

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

As sh*t as that sounds, their offense was crap as well. Outside of the two blown coverages their offense scored a FG and later a TD against prevent D. Nothing to write home about. It was pretty impotent. Im still in a shock how this game was not a major blowout. 

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

[quote=]

XiE0pbWZ_normal.jpg Brian Costello @BrianCoz

Rex fires another OC. I hope RBs coach Anthony Lynn gets a crack at running the O in Buffalo. He deserves it.

[/quote]

What did Anthony Lynn ever do to Brian Costello?!

Hahahahhaa... i see what you did there. :)

1 minute ago, pointman said:

Rex's days are numbered. 

Hope not. I love having him in the division. Last year was an anomaly. His presence in Buffalo, and Tanny's presense in Miami, automatically means our division is going to come down to us or the Pats. 

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Even by Rex's standards, this is insane.  Your defense gave up 37 points and almost 500 yards.  Solution is to fire the guy whose offense put up 31 points?

Offense put up 24 points actually, and 7 points (Salas TD) was a fluke. 

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Even by Rex's standards, this is insane.  Your defense gave up 37 points and almost 500 yards.  Solution is to fire the guy whose offense put up 31 points?

Well technically the O put up 24 points but that's still normally pretty good against the Jets D.  Except that they didn't sniff the Red zone until the 4th quarter and you can't depend on 70 yard bomb TDs to happen twice a game. 

Having said that, the defense forced exactly ONE punt until the last throwaway drive of the game.  ONE punt all game.  That stat blows my mind.

Greg Roman was the most talented coach on that staff, and probably the only one that isn't a Rex crony or relative. 

Like I said, it was Roman and the work he did with that offense last year, that salvaged Rex Year 1 in Buffalo. Because the defense took a huge step backward. 

If I were Roman, I'd sue for wrongful termination. LOL

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Greg Roman was the most talented coach on that staff, and probably the only one that isn't a Rex crony or relative. 

Like I said, it was Roman and the work he did with that offense last year, that salvaged Rex Year 1 in Buffalo. Because the defense took a huge step backward. 

It is insane. The should hire their old HC back. He miscalculated by opting out and they took a huge step back without him.

Greg Roman was an early hire by Rex in Buff. He had been the OC at SF and highly criticized by 49ers fans and the press for being too conservative. I was in the Bay Area when they played the Raiders two years ago and listened to the 49ers pre-game show and Roman was getting killed by everyone including the pre-game hosts. I think it was on KNBR. But Rex will throw anyone under the bus (except his brother) he already fired Karl Dunbar before the season started.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Greg Roman was an early hire by Rex in Buff. He had been the OC at SF and highly criticized by 49ers fans and the press for being too conservative. I was in the Bay Area when they played the Raiders two years ago and listened to the 49ers pre-game show and Roman was getting killed by everyone including the pre-game hosts. I think it was on KNBR. But Rex will throw anyone under the bus (except his brother) he already fired Karl Dunbar before the season started.

Forgot about that.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'm a major content producer. 

In all seriousness, you should feature posts from this website on the Twitter account, with a link back to the thread. 

Nah, I prefer to just steal what you write. :)

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

if i was Roman I would thank him for letting me out of the circus.

Archived