AFC after 2 weeks

Fibonacci

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on 2 weeks, I'd have to say it's between the Pats and Steelers in the upper tier for home field advantage, with the Pats as the favorite because Roethlisberger usually gets injured at some point.  Then behind them I think you have the Broncos/Bengals/Chiefs/Jets/Ravens in the "2nd tier" who are solid and have plenty of veterans, I'd put the Broncos in that top tier if not for their rookie QB who will probably go through a rough patch at some point.  3 of those 5 "2nd tier" teams will make the playoffs and some piss-poor team from the AFC South will take a playoff spot that another team deserves.

57 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Based on 2 weeks, I'd have to say it's between the Pats and Steelers in the upper tier for home field advantage, with the Pats as the favorite because Roethlisberger usually gets injured at some point.  Then behind them I think you have the Broncos/Bengals/Chiefs/Jets/Ravens in the "2nd tier" who are solid and have plenty of veterans, I'd put the Broncos in that top tier if not for their rookie QB who will probably go through a rough patch at some point.  3 of those 5 "2nd tier" teams will make the playoffs and some piss-poor team from the AFC South will take a playoff spot that another team deserves.

Wonder if Raiders might be in the WC conversation late in the year as well ... If they can get their act together a little bit more

4 minutes ago, ljr said:

Wonder if Raiders might be in the WC conversation late in the year as well ... If they can get their act together a little bit more

They can definitely be in the conversation if things break their way.  I sometimes wonder about Del Rio as a head coach if he's a little too much of a player coach's like Rex.  Carr has real talent though.

Raiders were the NFL darlings coming into this season. They won't make the playoffs if their defense keeps giving up gobs of points every week. They're a 2 point conversion from being 0-2. You guys would be losing your minds if the Jets gave up all of those points in the 1st two games.

On 20/09/2016 at 0:25 PM, The Crusher said:

No reason to wonder.  Wait till Raiderholic shows up and tells you the opposite of what will happen.  Like every other year. 

Where's our resident Raiderette been recently anyway? I've seen the odd post, but eerily quiet compared to normal.

31 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Where's our resident Raiderette been recently anyway? I've seen the odd post, but eerily quiet compared to normal.

Let them put a couple wins together and he will come by to explain in detail exactly why because of their talent level they will not lose another game.  Um errr, for the next three seasons.  

According to ESPN, Wentz is the fifth rookie quarterback since the merger to start and win the first two games of his team’s season, joining John Elway, Ryan Leaf, Mark Sanchez and Joe Flacco

So, he is with 2 SB MVPs, one of the biggest draft busts every and Sanchez.

What does that show? Its a team sport? the QB rules? it is complicated? absolutely nothing. After 2 weeks the only thing you can really know is your record.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Jacoby Brissett gets the start today against the Bills Jimmy G is inactive again BB rolling the dice!!!!!

BBQ Brisket will have over 100 yds on the ground today and at least 1 rushing TD.  Blount will also rush for 100 and a pair of TDs and I'm guessing just to throw insult to Rex, Edelman will throw a TD to Amedola today as well. Gronk or Bennett to wrap things up. Pats win 35-7

On September 21, 2016 at 8:17 AM, jamesr said:

I been busy traveling to see my nephew play Soccer up in Maine.   The Raiders can be 3-1 with a win today.  ( that's 3-0 on the road).  The Raiders defense is going to get much better as the season goes on. The return of De/DT Mario Edwards will be a godsend.( no Raider defense lineman plays with the hand violence that he does with.   His absence has had effect on K Mack game. Also at some point could be getting Aldon  Smith back from his suspension.   

What that does is let Bruce Irvin move inside strengthen their coverage ability versus the Te. 

The Raiders have so many new parts on defense, that it takes time for the coaches figure out what they can and can't do.

Just keep finding a way to win ugly( get to the playoffs) , because you want to be playing great at the end of the season, not at the beginning .

Archived