The NY Jets staff hate Geno Smith

johnnyjet

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

So you're saying Geno is the retard, not you.  Got it.  

Oh no, me too.  If I was in Geno's cleats riding the bench behind this POS Fitz, Bowles probably would have let me go by now because I'd be degrading him at every opportunity.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Oh no, me too.  If I was in Geno's cleats riding the bench behind this POS Fitz, Bowles probably would have let me go by now because I'd be degrading him at every opportunity.

So you're a tougher man than Geno too.  Got bigger ballsack, while Geno is just a quiet little pussy.  

Got it.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The Jets and Fitzpatrick were negotiating, what's said in public and what creates public perception is designed to win a negotiation, not to reflect the truth.  And when both sides want the same thing, well, it's just a matter of time before one blinks.  In this case, the Jets blinked once they saw how bad Geno was.

When a change is made, and I believe it will be when we're 1-6 or 2-5, it will be Bryce Petty that gets the call with Ryan Fitzpatrick as the backup.  Geno Smith will not touch the ball again barring injury before Petty can return and get some reps towards 2017.

SAR I

Lol no. That isn't even remotely close to what really happened.. it's camp, even if geno looked lights out in a tee shirt throwing around in practice the jets still wanted Fitzpatrick back. But only at their price, not his.. Fitz came down a heck of a lot from his original insane asking price of 16 per year.. Fitzpatrick easily could have jumped ship to another team, he has no history or future with the jets.. the broncos could have easily said " ok mark Sanchez is horrible, let's sign fitz." Jets knew this and really didn't care because they knew even a monkey could run the jets offense with two great WR vets and chan gailey.. Geno will see the field soon if fitz continues to play badly..

I actually find it more curious that Petty suffered a shoulder bruise and they are not in any rush to get him back practicing. Even a severe bruise he should just about back. Bowles also described the injury at the time as " just a bruise." Garrapolo suffers an injury to his joint and the Pats are thinking about playing him this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He just posted a dumb selfie of himself on exchange-o-gram asking for captions, got crushed in responses and took pic down.  The guy is an immature a$$hole.  Plus he can't play. I'm MAC, I cut him, as soon a Petty is healthy enough to play. 

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Geno's fault is not working hard enough to fulfill his destiny as a franchise-calibur starting quarterback.

SAR I

90 percent of all QB's drafted dont last 5 years in the league....   the fact that he sucks speaks more about JETS management than Geno.

Its like trying to get a pig to whistle. You get pissed, the pig gets pissed and he will never whistle.  You blame the pig?

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets and Fitzpatrick were negotiating, what's said in public and what creates public perception is designed to win a negotiation, not to reflect the truth.  And when both sides want the same thing, well, it's just a matter of time before one blinks.  In this case, the Jets blinked once they saw how bad Geno was.

When a change is made, and I believe it will be when we're 1-6 or 2-5, it will be Bryce Petty that gets the call with Ryan Fitzpatrick as the backup.  Geno Smith will not touch the ball again barring injury before Petty can return and get some reps towards 2017.

SAR I

Regarding the first point - Exactly.  What Smith Fans can't understand is that the Jets were the best fit for Fitzpatrick as a destination, which is the same thing as saying they were going to be the team that would end up paying the most, since Fitz had the most value for them.  The only question was how much money was that going to be.  Other NFL teams understood this.

Meanwhile the Jets as you say had Smith in camp, taking first team reps.  But they did not see in him enough to pass on Fitz or even give him a take it or leave it offer any significant distance south of the $12mil they ended up giving him.  Fitz also wanted only a one year deal, which was NOT advantageous to the Jets (since the Jets should not have wanted to go into next off season with only Petty and Hackenberg under contract).  Fitz obviously won the negotiation, since he got what he wanted. 

Why did Fitz win?  Because the Jets had no leverage, because Smith did not show enough to give them leverage.

As far as Smith not touching the ball again, I think that is the logical way to look at it, barring injury before Petty is healthy, of course.  In any event he will certainly be gone by the end of the season if not sooner.  Wonder what the Smith Fans will do then.

I think what Fitz really wanted was a multi-year deal at even low starters money. He would have loved a 3-36 kind of offer with over 20 guaranteed. But he wasn't going to get that deal from the Jets, they only offered him a 3-24. Actually the Jets will save 3 mil if they decide not to re-sign him for 2017. Right now that is up in the air because of an uneven performance so far in 2016. Bowles was not ringing in his endorsement of Fitz the other day and left the door open for a Qb change. In other words if he has another game like he did last week a change could be imminent. And there will probably be a much shorter leash on him if he doesn't get it together on the field. But Geno is not making any friends on the team if he was dissing Fitz on Instagram. 

50 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

90 percent of all QB's drafted dont last 5 years in the league....   the fact that he sucks speaks more about JETS management than Geno.

Talk about abandoning the idea of personal responsibility and accountability.

Boo hoo, it's not Geno's fault, it's every other person in the world's fault, but not our beloved Geno!

Maybe Geno needs special programs to help him, since he's such a victim.  

Oh God....maybe Bowles suffers from implicit racism!  we were just told by our soon-to-be President that "we all suffer from" implicit racism.

My God, the ramifications.  Bowles is holding Geno back, despite Geno being the obvious best QB, because of implicit racism!!!!

You really blew the doors off this one SouthPark, thank God you don;t value the ideals of personal responsabillity and accountabillity, you've exposed for us all the evils of implicit racism in the NFL!  +1 to you good sir!

52 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Boo hoo, it's not Geno's fault, it's every other person in the world's fault, but not our beloved Geno!

Oh God....maybe Bowles suffers from implicit racism!  we were just told by our soon-to-be President that "we all suffer from" implicit racism.

My God, the ramifications.  Bowles is holding Geno back, despite Geno being the obvious best QB, because of implicit racism!!!!

You really blew the doors off this one SouthPark, thank God you don;t value the ideals of personal responsabillity and accountabillity, you've exposed for us all the evils of implicit racism in the NFL!  +1 to you good sir!

The entire woes of the NY Jets fall on one person? Really?  If thats true, Rex, Idzik, Woody would be online before a 2nd round draft pick.

Geno is responsible for HIS failures.

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

The entire woes of the NY Jets fall on one person? Really?  If thats true, Rex, Idzik, Woody would be online before a 2nd round draft pick.

No, I think you've made it clear, Geno is not at fault at all.  He's a innocent, a victim.  Totally blameless, it seems, for his quality of play and role as a non-starter.

As I said, I'm glad you exposed the dismal undercurrent of implicit racism holding Geno back, and shown us all that he is neither responsible nor accountable for his current situation.  That he is a victim of circumstances and the biases and abuses of others.

It's great you showed us and exposed us to this very liberal progressive (sociologically) way of thinking.  

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No, I think you've made it clear, Geno is not at fault at all.  He's a innocent, a victim.  Totally blameless, it seems, for his quality of play and role as a non-starter.

As I said, I'm glad you exposed the dismal undercurrent of implicit racism holding Geno back, and shown us all that he is neither responsible nor accountable for his current situation.  That he is a victim of circumstances and the biases and abuses of others.

It's great you showed us and exposed us to this very liberal progressive (sociologically) way of thinking.  

Now your crying has gone Super Saiyan! lmao. 

super-saiyan-3-goku-o.gif

They don't hate Geno because if they did he would've been gone already. But it's clear they don't have any faith or confidence in him. Evidence by the fact that they kept Fitzpatrick's contract on the table for the entire offseason. The fact that they drafted Hackenberg as well. 

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

OK..management is less responsible than a 2nd round pick from 4 years ago.  You of course are right. B)

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Where do you get this shlt from?  

Especially given every excuse was made for Fitz over week 17, opening day and some have made excuses for KC.  

12 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I heard Macc actually throws temper tantrums because its all Genos fault.

Seems you heard wrong, he and Bowles just bench him because :implicit racism:

12 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

If only Geno were average the JETS would be great.

If Geno were average, we'll all be happier.  And a playoff team this year.

12 hours ago, win4ever said:

I already proved you wrong.  

You said, my line of thinking was wrong, and so far you haven't done anything at all to counter, even admitting it.  So I'll wait until you get someone to help you get evidence.  

I didn't realize until now that you're the guy who puts up the threads breaking down the quarterback each week so I humbly apologize and withdraw this tangent, I am not worthy of your time for such an argument, your threads are awesome and you clearly know more about the QB position than I ever will.

Best regards,

SAR I

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I'll bet anybody on the board a beer and burger in the parking lot Sunday that if Geno was cut today, he wouldn't even get a sniff.

I'd take that bet. The two biggest busts of the 20th and 21st century both got sniffs. Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell. 

Geno is a 2nd or 3rd string qb at worst at this point. 

Want to bet a friendly wager Geno is on a team next year? 

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I'll bet anybody on the board a beer and burger in the parking lot Sunday that if Geno was cut today, he wouldn't even get a sniff.

Tim Tebow got a sniff.

Geno would too.  Hell, Cleveland might even sign him tryout free.

The more apt question is "Will Geno earn a chance to start after the Jets release him?"

That one is harder to answer, and will (primarily) depend on Geno himself.

One argument for him is true, he is young.  He could always do a full personality/maturity 180.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

geno-smith1.jpg

I was just being funny, a moment of levity.

Carry on with your Geno Love fine sir.

SAR I

I know, it's just one of those subjects that can get out of control even when in jest. We don't need anymore people going super Saiyan or putting up Madea gifs. 

You have every right to like/dislike a player. Just don't want things getting out of hand because the forum sucks when the mods have to micromanage us like children. 

Keep your position though! **** Chad! ;)

Archived