The NY Jets staff hate Geno Smith

johnnyjet

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for bryce petty pics

Let me make one thing clear here on #teampetty:

I'm not here to see you switch the narrative from "start Geno" to "start Petty" because you're down on Fitzpatrick.  If we're 1-6 and Petty is ready, different story.  But we support Fitzpatrick until it's obvious the season is somewhat mathematically over.  Deal?

SAR I

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Really?  I expect comments like this from you. 

A player in the last year of his contract, particularly a player who has been as disappointing as Smith is in no position to dictate terms to anyone.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I owe you nothing these ridiculous accusations you make are comical i don't take them personally. 

The Jets and Woody Johnson owe every season ticket holder since 1969 an apology if anything. 

I do wonder what Geno Smith could do with this team but I'm ready to move on lets move forward with Bryce Petty. 

joewilly12

If you send SAR a picture of your Willy, he'll give you some dvds...

10 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Great points. There's so many relevant perspectives to this situation other than "Geno sucks so Bowles was scared to put him in". Makes no sense 

Not really good points. If Fitz is pulled and Geno did well in mop up duty, Fitz is still the unquestioned starter for Seattle. His jump to then "when Geno craps the bed vs. Seattle" is preposterous because Geno won't be on the field vs. Seattle. 

One can easily pull a poorly performing starter late in the game without making a permanent change. 

Geno is not even in the equation.  

Fitz will eventually relinquish his starting role to petty this year.  Once we are eliminated from playoff contention.  It make no sense to let Geno touch the ball.  He should be cut he's a waste of a roster spot at this point. 

2 minutes ago, mkajet01 said:

Don't u geno loving morons get it, geno stinks, he can't learn playback, no instincts to Play qb, petty blew him & Fitz away in preseason games. Petty will be starter, hack backup near future

I like this guy.

Will end well.

SAR I

17 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I feel like I'm on an island,... I liked Richard Todd. I was in high school and loved Todd to Wesley Walker.  Touch down!!!!!!

Richard Todd is the reason why any Jets quarterback wearing #14 makes me physically ill.

SAR I

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

The question was "why do people hate Geno so much?" and I answered it.  Bad play is the main thing, his personal issues another thing, but he busted and busted loudly, his little faux spark in his rookie year led us to drop Sanchez, the disaster the next year led us to rebuild the entire front office, his failure to grab the starting job has cost us high draft picks, put Fitzpatrick under center, and more.  The guy took a wrecking ball to the franchise and the fans couldn't be more disappointed.  Just looking at his face makes us physically ill.

SAR I

Wait, if you are going with butterfly effect theories, then why not blame Bill Parcells?  He cost us Peyton Manning, who got hurt the year Luck came out, so he cost us Luck too.  Sounds realistic, no?  

20 hours ago, JiF said:

It was the toughest day the Brady family has ever had to deal with, okay?

These are valid but probably giving people too much credit.  The only thing that I think you're leaving out is the "he sucks" option.  Which is obviously a rather simplistic response but it could also just happen to be that simple.  

Lol, he went for a walk around the block to deal with it!  His parents supported him, saying they'll still love him after being a 6th round pick, an inspiration! 

He could suck, definitely a possibility, but I just want to see him actually play with talent before we move on from him.  

This is my favorite part of the equation that you just laid out there;

If it took Ryan Fitzpatrick 11 years to turn it around because he found the right system, with the right coaches and the right weapons. 

Exactly what has Fitz turned around after 11 years?

He's the same lousy QB he was 11 years ago.

He is nothing more than a mediocre back-up at best.

13 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Wait, if you are going with butterfly effect theories, then why not blame Bill Parcells?  He cost us Peyton Manning, who got hurt the year Luck came out, so he cost us Luck too.  Sounds realistic, no?  

Doesn't go that far back.  Geno was drafted to be our franchise quarterback and he busted.  As a result of his bust, we had to find a scrap heap quarterback like Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Simple stuff.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Doesn't go that far back.  Geno was drafted to be our franchise quarterback and he busted.  As a result of his bust, we had to find a scrap heap quarterback like Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Simple stuff.

SAR I

Why not?  If we're going back in history why not?

Why is it his fault that we drafted him as a franchise QB?  He was a second round pick.  Do we blame Stephen Hill for failures this season?  Coples?  Maybe Milliner because we could have picked a QB instead?  

18 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Lol, he went for a walk around the block to deal with it!  His parents supported him, saying they'll still love him after being a 6th round pick, an inspiration! 

He could suck, definitely a possibility, but I just want to see him actually play with talent before we move on from him.  

https://youtu.be/xmr7mtmileI

Watch this clip, Geno Smith "playing with talent".  The fun starts when Fitzpatrick breaks his wrist at 1:05 and Geno Smith throws a beautiful 60 yard interception.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xmr7mtmileI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://youtu.be/xmr7mtmileI

Watch this clip, Geno Smith "playing with talent".  The fun starts when Fitzpatrick breaks his wrist at 1:05 and Geno Smith throws a beautiful 60 yard interception.

SAR I

When did Fitzpatrick break his wrist? 

Archived