Cromartie released by Colts

Integrity28

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Took 4 games, and they were flat out desperate, for them to realize this guy was done... yet Bowles, loyal to his guys, kept him around all of last year. When he was a huge liability.

Same deal with Bobby April, Bowles kept him all of 2015, his new team dumped him at the quarter mark of 2016. 

Picking up on the slow-to-react, overly loyal to his "guys" theme with Bowles? Hope it's correctable after it burns him a couple times.

To be fair, Cro played well in 2014 and his 2015 salary was fully guaranteed. Releasing him made no sense especially when there was no alternative.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

LOL, nah... I made it a point not to marry a rabid, full-blown football fan. She's a casual fan. This is for @whodeawhodat too: the chicks that treat their football team like a man does, are the chicks with Daddy issues... good for *******, not for marrying.

I vaguely remember him talking about going next-level with a Pats fan girlfriend. Only a good idea if she's rocking a pink hat, and would rather go apple picking on Sunday rather than watch the Pats and bitch about them not winning by enough.

If you're going to marry a chick that is a football nut, then at least marry one that roots for your team, so you are miserable together.

I dont think she is a die hard fan, just a former bartender that probably got pulled up onto the TB bandwagon that has gotten more milage than any of us wanted to see.  I guess I'll see how it goes, this weekend should be fun until 1pm on Sunday, I get to be twerked on by A.Brown while Brady knocks off the rust on the doo doo browns.  I see lots of tequila in my sunday diet.

9 minutes ago, j4jets said:

To be fair, Cro played well in 2014 and his 2015 salary was fully guaranteed. Releasing him made no sense especially when there was no alternative.

No alternative? Which player did the Jets bring in as a free agent this off-season to replace Cro? Oh. You mean they went with the same guys on the team as last season in 2016? So they couldn't have done that last year, and having a healthy Milliner and Walls also on the roster? I'm not saying I would have released Cro, but a benching made sense many, many times last season.

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No alternative? Which player did the Jets bring in as a free agent this off-season to replace Cro? Oh. You mean they went with the same guys on the team as last season in 2016? So they couldn't have done that last year, and having a healthy Milliner and Walls also on the roster? I'm not saying I would have released Cro, but a benching made sense many, many times last season.

I'm not even debating a benching. And since you put so much emphasis is cap being the only variable in bringing in a guy, why would you relase a guy and still pay him the same amount, $8mil?

funny how you're advocating benching for Cro in a previous year yet you want Fitz to lead (lol) this team. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If Revis can't go, it's feet to the fire time for Burris. The McDougle and Milliner swing and misses have made the Jets spend over 24 million on two CBs that are massively underperforming. Add in Milliner's dead money and that's almost 30. Ridiculous.

Also, if they need to bring in someone, bring back Darrin Walls who outplayed Cromartie and others last season.

I agree.  Burris showed us something defending Maclin on that Go route in week 3

I watch tape of him in college the guy can play

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Took 4 games, and they were flat out desperate, for them to realize this guy was done... yet Bowles, loyal to his guys, kept him around all of last year. When he was a huge liability.

Same deal with Bobby April, Bowles kept him all of 2015, his new team dumped him at the quarter mark of 2016. 

Picking up on the slow-to-react, overly loyal to his "guys" theme with Bowles? Hope it's correctable after it burns him a couple times.

Somewhere out there is a Cro mom wondering when the foreclosure starts and a gaggle of baby mommas with their panties all in a bunch staring at empty checkbooks.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Has Todd Bowles benched a single player due to poor play thus far in his tenure? 

Mauldin barely played this week. You know why some guys didn't get benched last year? Because their replacements were worse. 

Some of you have no idea how to run a team,  you're just good at whining. And I'm not even a big Bowles fan. It's the brett Ratliff syndrome,  the backup is always better than the starter. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Mauldin barely played this week. You know why some guys didn't get benched last year? Because their replacements were worse. 

Some of you have no idea how to run a team,  you're just good at whining. And I'm not even a big Bowles fan. It's the brett Ratliff syndrome,  the backup is always better than the starter. 

Sadly most of our starters are playing poorly and we have no depth,

he is the worst defender in the NFL because he really has no interest in defending, tackling or covering

the colts desperately needed corners and they cut him

anyone who wants to bring him in is thinking about pre-hip injury 2012 cro

that dude is long gone

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Sadly most of our starters are playing poorly and we have no depth,

I have my issues with the current regime.  But let's not forget that they took over a roster with huge issues that to a large extent reflected the wasted drafts especially from Idzik but also before him.  A fair fan will keep that in mind.

Take the single example of Mark Sanchez.  If he had played up to his draft status, he would still be on the team and many of the issues we complain about would not exist.  Might even have a second VLT or even a third in the Jets' trophy case. But even if you do not agree with that, overall fans can't ignore the problems that were inherited by this group.

18 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If Revis can't go, it's feet to the fire time for Burris. The McDougle and Milliner swing and misses have made the Jets spend over 24 million on two CBs that are massively underperforming. Add in Milliner's dead money and that's almost 30. Ridiculous.

Also, if they need to bring in someone, bring back Darrin Walls who outplayed Cromartie and others last season.

The secondary has been handled almost as poorly as the Quarterback position and worse than the Tight Ends and Running Backs.

16 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You're comparing Cro getting torched game in game out to Brett Ratliff?  This makes zero sense.  Thank you.

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The secondary has been handled almost as poorly as the Quarterback position and worse than the Tight Ends and Running Backs.

I give the FO and CS a hard time, but I honestly don't think they handled the RB position so poorly in the offseason. I loved the Forte pickup. I think it's just a combination of other things making it look worse. Forte still runs well. Maybe not so much against Seattle, but I see him making defenders miss where others would be taken down, and he's amazingly versatile as opposed to the one-trick pony of Ivory plowing up the middle. And I liked Ivory as well, but it made the offense more predictable based on the personnel (when both were healthy, Ivory vs Powell on the field heavily suggested whether we were going to run or pass). It's not so obvious with Forte & Powell.

No, they don't have Ivory's power, but then few do. I think it's exacerbated by Gailey still doing too much up the gut running with Forte into a granite wall, as though he's something he's not, plus a QB that doesn't keep the defenses honest (not good defenses anyway). Decker's absence may have made that fear go down even more. If there's one thing I didn't love to death it's that Forte and Powell were both UFAs whose prior contracts expired. With the addition of McLendon and Jarvis Jenkins, that's 4 draft picks we won't get next year. One of them, ok fine. Two of them, I'm still there. Blowing through all 4 of them, where two were for backups (Powell & Jenkins) & the two starters are relatively older, and it looks like poor long term planning from a GM who then drafted a QB who will be nothing in the short term. 

Other than that, though, do you really care if we had Marshall + Decker + a nameless TE (which would necessitate giving up on Amaro well before camp), as opposed to Marshall + Decker + Enunwa? I don't. Frankly Enunwa is more versatile and is also a good, willing blocker. They did offer Jermaine Gresham a multi-year deal IIRC, but he returned to Arizona for 1 yr $3.5M. 

16 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Mauldin is barely playing because we have so many weaponzzzz on our front 4 and we are now a 4-3 team that drafted 3-4 linebackers the last couple of years.

Last year Mauldin had 5 sacks from the olb spot in very limited defensive snaps. our Dline after a big game one is being stiffed, it's pretty natural to wonder about players not getting [laying time when our all world defens4 is getting ass whipped every game.

I'm not at all seeing any benefit to playing 4 DL. They aren't actually generating any additional pass rush and, seemingly, leave the second level exposed in defending the short passing game.

I understand that Sheldon Richardson is a marvelous athlete for a defensive lineman. But, just like Coples before him, his value is not realized as a OLB. Sure, Mauldin may not be as productive as desired. But one can only get better by playing. Richardson is clearly not the answer at OLB and the 4-3 really hasn't produced much. So, my hope is that they abandoned this failed approach.

It's another example, IMO, of how poor the coaching has been this season. People playing out of position, being asked to do things they really can't do well, poorly designed schemes. In essence, coaching scared. it's very disappointing but I'm afraid I don't see any growth out of the coaching staff, who just repeats what has failed over and over again.

20 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Burris. Give him a shot. Dude is a prototypical man-press cover CB, has long arms and frame and good speed. He' splayed well so far. He may just be a much needed rookie revelation. Bringing in a veteran for, essentially, a couple of games seems silly to me. Next man up is Burris! 

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

Burris. Give him a shot. Dude is a prototypical man-press cover CB, has long arms and frame and good speed. He' splayed well so far. He may just be a much needed rookie revelation. Bringing in a veteran for, essentially, a couple of games seems silly to me. Next man up is Burris! 

I'm all for giving Burris a shot, but if Revis is down that's only 3 CBs on the roster who have been active this season. That's not ideal.

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'm all for giving Burris a shot, but if Revis is down that's only 3 CBs on the roster who have been active this season. That's not ideal.

Yeah, I agree. I actually thought they would carry 6 CBs, not 5, exactly for this reason. I liked what I saw from D.Morris and thought he would make the team. He also happens to be a good special teams player. But what do I know! 

If Revis is out- M.Williams, Skrine, Burris and Roberts along with the safeties (I want to see A.Allen used more in coverage) is not much but should be enough if only these guys stepped up their game and the D-coordinator properly game-planned and adjusted. 

I dunno, I think you give Burris a shot outside and put Skrine in the slot. If he isn't cutting it, you switch things up, you adjust, maybe you change assignments, maybe you put A.Allen on the TE. K.Rodgers needs to do a better job utilizing this defensive roster. He is on the hot seat and I would not be surprised if he gets canned if he puts up another stinker vs. the Steelers and Cards. I think after these two games, regardless of the outcome, there will be some serious thinking to be done about who should start at QB and whether K.Rodgers needs to go.    

I expect sometime in the near future the status of Dartell Revis will come into question. Over the top contract. I would think this creates a real issue for salary cap.

Perhaps you guys should encourage your organization to re-examine their signings. Seems that the Jets are definitely not looking back to where they have been, it sure is where they are going.

13 minutes ago, Maine Coon Cat said:

I expect sometime in the near future the status of Dartell Revis will come into question. Over the top contract. I would think this creates a real issue for salary cap.

Perhaps you guys should encourage your organization to re-examine their signings. Seems that the Jets are definitely not looking back to where they have been, it sure is where they are going.

Revis is moving to free safety next year.  Rod Woodson did the same thing.  He will be all pro as a safety

57 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I have my issues with the current regime.  But let's not forget that they took over a roster with huge issues that to a large extent reflected the wasted drafts especially from Idzik but also before him.  A fair fan will keep that in mind.

Take the single example of Mark Sanchez.  If he had played up to his draft status, he would still be on the team and many of the issues we complain about would not exist.  Might even have a second VLT or even a third in the Jets' trophy case. But even if you do not agree with that, overall fans can't ignore the problems that were inherited by this group.

Inherited yes a mess but dropped the ball on many situations namely QB,RB and CB the OL is questionable and why are we holding onto Breno.

3 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Revis is moving to free safety next year.  Rod Woodson did the same thing.  He will be all pro as a safety

3 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Interesting. A free safety at that cap figure? Too much$$$.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Inherited yes a mess but dropped the ball on many situations namely QB,RB and CB the OL is questionable and why are we holding onto Breno.

I began the post you quoted by saying I have issues with them.  The point is that the situation is not entirely of their making, and they should not be blamed for all the problems.

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Other than that, though, do you really care if we had Marshall + Decker + a nameless TE (which would necessitate giving up on Amaro well before camp), as opposed to Marshall + Decker + Enunwa? I don't. Frankly Enunwa is more versatile and is also a good, willing blocker. They did offer Jermaine Gresham a multi-year deal IIRC, but he returned to Arizona for 1 yr $3.5M. 

It's quite the fallacy to believe that a wide receiver equals a tight end. 

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

It's quite the fallacy to believe that a wide receiver equals a tight end. 

Not really. A couple of top TEs lineup as WRs plenty of the time. Only difference is how far the line up from the tackles, and some of the better ones like Graham can't block worth a lick anyway. 

There are very few true dual threat (receiving + blocking) TEs in the league, who are truly above average at both. 

7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I give the FO and CS a hard time, but I honestly don't think they handled the RB position so poorly in the offseason. I loved the Forte pickup. I think it's just a combination of other things making it look worse. Forte still runs well. Maybe not so much against Seattle, but I see him making defenders miss where others would be taken down, and he's amazingly versatile as opposed to the one-trick pony of Ivory plowing up the middle. And I liked Ivory as well, but it made the offense more predictable based on the personnel (when both were healthy, Ivory vs Powell on the field heavily suggested whether we were going to run or pass). It's not so obvious with Forte & Powell.

No, they don't have Ivory's power, but then few do. I think it's exacerbated by Gailey still doing too much up the gut running with Forte into a granite wall, as though he's something he's not, plus a QB that doesn't keep the defenses honest (not good defenses anyway). Decker's absence may have made that fear go down even more. If there's one thing I didn't love to death it's that Forte and Powell were both UFAs whose prior contracts expired. With the addition of McLendon and Jarvis Jenkins, that's 4 draft picks we won't get next year. One of them, ok fine. Two of them, I'm still there. Blowing through all 4 of them, where two were for backups (Powell & Jenkins) & the two starters are relatively older, and it looks like poor long term planning from a GM who then drafted a QB who will be nothing in the short term. 

Isn't Ivory hurt.   Again?

5 hours ago, drdetroit said:

People keep talking about cap figure.   It's not cap figure, it's salary for the year.  He's getting his bonus either way, actually, he already got it.

He could be a great safety for an 8 million dollar base.

Archived