Costello on beningo and Roberts

tkiss24

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not sure I 100% believe thus, because I am pretty positive Gailey would start Geno over Fitz. Of course Bowles might just be forcing Fitz on Gailey and has no other involvement. He needs to be fired.

Yes. That's what's going on. It's a big conspiracy.

Here we go. The normal NY media cycle in full force. The usual new hire year long honeymoon is over and now the whining beat reporters will start to rip Bowles because he doesn't give them daily material like the Rex-clown. 

Funny. Where was this talk last year? Where was this talk after buffalo game a few weeks ago?  

They did it with Mangini too. Yr 1 he was Mangenius. 

NY media are so predictable. 

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

******* Woody... he hired Rex all over again, without the egg-in-the-face soundbytes.

I hate to say it, but Rex would get more out of this defense too.

:o

6 hours ago, JiF said:

Oh you must have missed the article last year where Fitz said that he doest talk to Todd Bowles at all during the week.  Like, they dont speak AT ALL throughout the week and the only interaction Todd has with the offense is he reviews Chan's game plan every week, gives it a green light (as if he had a red) and that's it. 

100% dedicated to D for this Head Coach.  And what a mighty D he has formed. 

Here's the thing: a good defensive coach should be able to field a pretty good defense with solid talent.  This defense has solid talent.  Sometimes there are other factors that explain a defense's performance, like if the offense sucks and the defense is on the field too much.  But the offensive is pretty good in the time of possession category.  

45 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Here we go. The normal NY media cycle in full force. The usual new hire year long honeymoon is over and now the whining beat reporters will start to rip Bowles because he doesn't give them daily material like the Rex-clown. 

Funny. Where was this talk last year? Where was this talk after buffalo game a few weeks ago?  

The media panders to the sentiment of the neurotic, low-life fan base.

47 minutes ago, C Mart said:

When you punt the football down two scores with 7 minutes left I'd hope the media gets on your case.

7 hours ago, JiF said:

Oh you must have missed the article last year where Fitz said that he doest talk to Todd Bowles at all during the week.  Like, they dont speak AT ALL throughout the week and the only interaction Todd has with the offense is he reviews Chan's game plan every week, gives it a green light (as if he had a red) and that's it. 

be careful what you wish for.   next thing you know bowles is going to get more "hands-on" with the offense and introduce a green-yellow-red system for pass plays.  

be careful what you wish for.   next thing you know bowles is going to get more "hands-on" with the offense and introduce a green-yellow-red system for pass plays.  

At least that actually showed some semblance of initiative by Rex (not defending him glad he's gone) the fact that our current head coach sits there and watches us go 5 wide on 3rd and 2 while at the same time thinks we can sh*t down the steelers on 3 and outs is insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowles coached a horrible game week 17 last year. This year he has done the following: refuse to adjust to bengals short passing attack week one, almost blow a win against buffalo but not going for 2, show a complete inability to adjust again to the chiefs offensive game plan or pull a qb who was chucking up for grabs passes in a close game on 2nd and goal like a damn rookie, be unable to adjust again to a one dimensional Russel Wilson, and now punt on 4th and 2 at midfield with 7 an change against an offense who did whatever they wanted all day......GUY IS CLUELESS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

There's got to be a happy medium. Everyone admonished Mangini for bringing the Belichick, we-change-our-gameplan-every-week philosophy here as it wound up being too complicated, but you also cannot have this stubbornness of never adjusting your gameplan. There has to be a base that everyone's comfortable with, but the flexibility to adjust in-game.  Watching Sheldon, who could be one of the most talented interior lineman in the league, play OLB is just f*cking pathetic. That dude could go to 27 teams and be their best interior lineman, but our defensive genius is using him as a 300lb OLB dropping back into coverage.  

I dont understand why he cant do something like, you know, rotate players.

Now, go tell your university to stop being babies and play us. :) 

18 hours ago, peebag said:

or they run a empty backfield formation on 3rd and 1....

Sorry but I think we that all mostly know now that Bowles leaves everything on the offensive side of the ball up to Gailey.  He's a terrible HC for doing this of course but elsewise you can't blame offensive play calling on him.  It's Rex ll boys, Rex ll:(   

19 hours ago, JiF said:

It's so freaking obvious.  Its the same reason they refuse to adjust in game to anything going on around them.  Just yell at the execution because the game plan is flawless!

Bowles said last year that they're opponents dont dictate their game plan.

I mean, wtf???  

Hate to say it, but this is precisely what makes Bellicick a great coach. He not only shapes his plan to the team he faces, but he adjusts on the fly within game. (Yeah, I know I'm going to get a ton of videotape jokes, etc,) but the ability to do that is what makes an elite coach. If the Jets aren't doing that, their coaching staff is as dumb as a post.

12 hours ago, C Mart said:

The offense system hasn't been the problem, execution has!!!

There have been numerous threads which show poor decisions are being made by the QB and that is not on the OC.  

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

The offense system hasn't been the problem, execution has!!!

There have been numerous threads which show poor decisions are being made by the QB and that is not on the OC.  

The situational play calling has been a horror show.

That said Gailey I still have way more trust in as a playcaller than Bowles who is an empty suit

On 10/11/2016 at 2:06 PM, JiF said:

It is gruesome.  And we had to bring in two football "experts" to find this guy.  I wonder who Macc would have gone for?

Archived