Beckham Jr. and the Importance of having a Strong Armed QB

JetBlue

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What does this have to do with the current conversation? You just know your position is weak and you've got nothing else to say? That it? Good to know. 

Your are really reaching. Fits is the worst QB in the league. He is paid $12MM to throw picks for the Jets. Geno would do no worse for less money. Just where is my position weak? You are trolling. Just stop. You got your QB

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Not really. There is still no real reason to draft a running back in the first round unless it's a generational talent like AP. They typically just don't last to make it worth that investment. 

Fournette IS that type of player.

21 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Your are really reaching. Fits is the worst QB in the league. He is paid $12MM to throw picks for the Jets. Geno would do no worse for less money. Just where is my position weak? You are trolling. Just stop. You got your QB

This current conversation surrounds the fact that you and others think the Fitz contract is holding Bowles back from replacing him. That couldn't be further from the truth. You have a real hard time staying on topic when you're wrong. And you are wrong on that premise. It's a weak argument meant to deflect from the fact that the reality is the staff and front office want nothing to do with Geno as their QB and it has nothing to do with the very little money they are paying Fitz.

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Fournette IS that type of player.

I don't see it at all. Plenty of big SEC running backs have come and been drafted high. He's a really good player, but not worth it to the Jets to select in the first round.  

2 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

Hard to play Geno when you are paying a guy $12MM that is in front of him. What a brilliant FO move there.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

No.  It's really, really not that hard at all.

Coaches and GMs get heat for losing. They get eye rolls and told-you-so's for benching high-paid starters in order to stop the losing.

The $12 is not the reason Fitz is still starting. The is currently the most illogical argument being kicked about.

9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

This current conversation surrounds the fact that you and others think the Fitz contract is holding Bowles back from replacing him. That couldn't be further from the truth. You have a real hard time staying on topic when you're wrong. And you are wrong on that premise. It's a weak argument meant to deflect from the fact that the reality is the staff and front office want nothing to do with Geno as their QB and it has nothing to do with the very little money they are paying Fitz.

I don't see it at all. Plenty of big SEC running backs have come and been drafted high. He's a really good player, but not worth it to the Jets to select in the first round.  

Go troll someone else. You cried for Fitz. You have no cred.

3 hours ago, Larz said:

you need an OC that is creative and aggressive, time to throw, an open WR and a strong accurate throw to get 75 yard TD's

the jets have none of this, its not just the QB

Jets have this.  Problem is the QB can't execute these plays, only the worst OC would expect Fitz to pass downfield and long. 

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Coaches and GMs get heat for losing. They get eye rolls and told-you-so's for benching high-paid starters in order to stop the losing.

The $12 is not the reason Fitz is still starting. The is currently the most illogical argument being kicked about.

Tanny got heat for cap mismanagement . So please really look at your position again.

2 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Go troll someone else. You cried for Fitz. You have no cred.

I'm not trolling. I never cried for Fitz. And you've yet to provide any concrete facts or evidence that support your position. I honestly don't care about what "cred" you think I have or don't have. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'm not trolling. I never cried for Fitz. And you've yet to provide any concrete facts or evidence that support your position. I honestly don't care about what "cred" you think I have or don't have. 

Last cycle guy. You are entitled to your opinion. 

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Wow, you'd think this "Play Geno, have Deep Game" concept would be OBVIOUS to a genius like Chan, wouldn't you?

Really makes you think.

Chan endorsed bringing Fitz back so I am not sure he qualifies as a credible witness on Geno at this point.

3 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Last cycle guy. You are entitled to your opinion. 

I'm not sure I can make it any simpler for you to understand. But the Fitz contract is not stopping the Jets from making a QB switch. The money is a sunk cost and they aren't tied to him next season. If anything, that puts them in a BETTER position to move on since they don't and shouldn't expect him back next season. They haven't tied up their future in him and when the time comes, they'll move on to Petty in the present. 

7 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

The Jets are really winning with Fitz I see......smh

Nobody suggested that. Why bother responding to sh*t if you don't understand it?

Losing is why coaches get heat. Jets are losing. This creates perfect reason to bench Fitz, to try to stop losing, regardless of what he gets paid.

So, those arguing that Fitz isn't getting benched because salary, are also implying Jets coaches would rather lose, than eat salary.

It is a mind-numbingly illogical argument.

8 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'm not sure I can make it any simpler for you to understand. But the Fitz contract is not stopping the Jets from making a QB switch. The money is a sunk cost and they aren't tied to him next season. If anything, that puts them in a BETTER position to move on since they don't and shouldn't expect him back next season. They haven't tied up their future in him and when the time comes, they'll move on to Petty in the present. 

Yeah. The Jets have really treated poor, put upon Geno Smith so horribly. I mean they drafted him in the second round after every team passed on the once presumed "first overall pick" after he displayed characteristics of immaturity, and after he threw a hissy fit and wanted to go home, but had to be dragged back to the draft by his mommy who bought him a nifty new sweater...

He was made the starting QB and gifted the position and he paid them back by tweeting his junk, having an incident on an airliner (post 9-11 not a smart thing), and missing meetings. He still managed to hold on to the starting spot for two years, and in year three, he was the incumbent starter going into preseason and managed to get himself punched by a teammate...all of this while making a few million Dollars. But Idzik didn't give him da weaponzzz....LOL

REALLY? The FRANCHISE didn't treat him well? I think we got that backwards. If Geno Smith had a ******* brain in his head, he would be the starting QB playing for a new, big contract.

Instead, he let down the team in every way possible, managed to get himself injured in a locker room incident, and relegated to the bench behind a 7th round JAG journeyman, on his way to free agency, a crappy contract, and a chance to be a backup somewhere else 

If he only had a brain .......

But it's funny that the same people ranting about  accountability and personal responsibility for Bowles, Fitz, Gailey, or their fellow fans will blame every one else except poor Geno Smith, the perpetual victim.

**** him. He's a loser. He had chances people would kill for a blew it. Good riddance 

Play Petty.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Jets have this.  Problem is the QB can't execute these plays, only the worst OC would expect Fitz to pass downfield and long. 

who is he throwing to ? marchall ? decker ? anderson ?

the new york jets passing offense is not a deep throwing offense, and it's not all on the QB

2 hours ago, King P said:

I've been on "Draft Fournette" train since the end of last year's draft, and I still haven't gotten off yet

Best running back since Bo Jackson. Plus his ankle injury this season is a blessing in disguise, not taking a ton of hits , so his legs will be fresher next season.

Archived