**The Official Jets @ Cardinals Game thread** - In Honor of Dennis Byrd [merged]

whodeawhodat

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

byrd-nyjets_1476585833667_2173575_ver1.0

With only 1 win, the denial of a QB controversy, and a sieve for a defense... the New York Jets find themselves 3 games behind the would-be AFC wildcard contenders. Technically not far behind, but skepticism reigns in the world of the Jets. 3 games looks like 10 when nothing seems to be going well.

We don't know if they'll turn their season around. We do know that one of the most inspirational men to ever don the green and white was robbed of the life he fought so hard to regain after a collision that still sends a shiver down the spine of many Jet fans. Coming back from a spine-crushing injury takes far more guts, determination, commitment and heart than we've seen from the Jets this season... but, if they are to make a come back of their own, they need only look to #90, to understand what it will take. 

355067_10-byrd-top.jpg

Get up. Dust yourselves off. Go after it. One step... at a time. The season may be lost, but a victory tonight will have bigger meaning. Tonight, versus the struggling Arizona Cardinals, the Jets have every opportunity in front of them to take their first, next step. 

dennis-byrd.jpg

Do it for Dennis. Do it for yourselves. Win.

Ugh, sh!t.  

Can't we delay it somehow?  

It was so nice just enjoying football yesterday without having to watch the Jets suck.  In fact, I'm still in a good mood from the lack of suckage.  What are the odds the Jets don't ruin it?  (Hint, not good.)

3 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Edit the title and put 'in honor of Dennis Byrd'

Just now, Fibonacci said:

Just did before I saw this. Looks cool now.

I took the time to write a motivational speech... and this is what I get? Now we're double-jinxed and you roped me into being part of it. 

Awful.

I really, really, really, really, really hope I'm wrong, but I would venture to guess that most of the guys in the LR have no idea who Dennis Byrd is and his passing will have little impact on their effort.  This is the same team that came out and lost at home on the anniversary of 9/11.

That being said, I hope the guys who were present for his speech prior to their playoff win in Foxboro (Revis, Mangold, David Harris) can find a way to get this group fired up.

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I didn't need anyone to remind me to make it in honor of Dennis... AND I used the book title metaphorically. BOOM.

makes me wonder if it is like a QB situation in the NFL, if you have 2 QBs you really have none?

31 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its best for the future of this team to lose.  But come 8:30, I will forget that for 3 hours.  Doh!!!!!!

RIP #90

Why to get draft picks that don't work out. I say teach the rookies how to win away.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

It's going to be so, so bad.

So bad.

Like new season of Arrested Development bad.

Just now, whodeawhodat said:

wait!!!! I didnt start it!!!! awwwww fuuuuuuuuuck.....

I didnt even go through the effort of posting pics.... I just linked larz FML....

Archived