Jump to content

**The Official Jets @ Cardinals Game thread** - In Honor of Dennis Byrd [merged]


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

ESPN coverage is killin' Fitz.  They're all saying to bench him and roll with Geno.

Who knows, maybe we'll luck out tonight and Bowles will decide to try and salvage the season. 

Even Namath discussing with Berman is saying he wants to see more from Geno.  Saying Fitz is just not gifted enough.  Inaccurate and weak arm (who knew).

Is Bowles gonna be the last person to see it?

Translation: one guy said it. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He fumbled it and got picked off within the span of three plays.

Disgusting as it is to watch, Smith fumbling and throwing a pick - after another crappy Fitz outing - is a best case scenario (once one gets past the idea that we were ever serious playoff contenders)

I'd like to see Fitz against the Jets defense to see what gives first.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

I can't remember a time I was less excited to watch the Jets on Monday Night. 

SAD but same here.  I will be watching the Indians Blue jays on the other screen, back and forth.

Even if we win..so what. Its like a cancer patient being given an extra week.

We suck. We know it. ESPN knows it.  Bowles is part of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Translation: one guy said it. 

One guy?  Nope.  Were you watching?  It was Joe and the gang of 5 who sit at the desk on the field during pregame (Randy Moss, Steve Young and the others).

Wishful thinking though.  Ha, took most people way too long to see it (after 12mil and a 1-4 start) but FINALLY the "experts" are coming to their senses.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

ESPN coverage is killin' Fitz.  They're all saying to bench him and roll with Geno.

Who knows, maybe we'll luck out tonight and Bowles will decide to try and salvage the season. 

Even Namath discussing with Berman is saying he wants to see more from Geno.  Saying Fitz is just not gifted enough.  Inaccurate and weak arm (who knew).

Is Bowles gonna be the last person to see it?

Im loving it NATIONAL TV for all to see 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joewilly12 said:

Im loving it NATIONAL TV for all to see 

Yup, though Fitz was pretty darn good the last national game.

I expect a win tonight with Fitz playing decently and more importantly Bowles having a great scheme while hyping the guys up for his trip back to Arizona.

The Cards haven't been very good this year.

But if Fitz sucks yet again and Geno doesn't play... I'm donating to the billboard/banner fund.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

MNF is destroying the jets like I haven't seen in years. Just shows you how many steps backwards we have taken since 2011

The Jets or Fitz?  I only started watching 20 minutes ago, but have only heard Fitz bashing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

The Jets or Fitz?  I only started watching 20 minutes ago, but have only heard Fitz bashing.

No they destroyed our secondary and d line saying they get no pass rush. Called it a bottom 10 defense and qbs "love playing the jets" . Pretty brutal

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

ESPN coverage is killin' Fitz.  They're all saying to bench him and roll with Geno.

Who knows, maybe we'll luck out tonight and Bowles will decide to try and salvage the season. 

Even Namath discussing with Berman is saying he wants to see more from Geno.  Saying Fitz is just not gifted enough.  Inaccurate and weak arm (who knew).

Is Bowles gonna be the last person to see it?

So I met this real estate guy in Virginia yesterday who's from West Virginia and is a huge WV fan. Huge. I asked him what he thought of Geno Smith. He said he was great for awhile. They went 5-0 in 2012 then played Texas Tech on a windy day, were crushed and was terrible.  He proceeded to crumble the season away. In essence, he stated Geno had no guts and is a head case. 😮

Link to post
Share on other sites

earth to jets fans

petty is way behind and is the 3rd string QB in a league where most teams carry 2 QB's and bowles is happy with fitz.  the sooner y'all give up on this whole petty saves the day thing the better of you will be

when he came out mooch did a show on the QB's.  the low down on petty was not good "when his first read isn't wide open, he pulls it down and gets sacked"

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Larz said:

earth to jets fans

petty is way behind and is the 3rd string QB in a league where most teams carry 2 QB's and bowles is happy with fitz.  the sooner y'all give up on this whole petty saves the day thing the better of you will be

when he came out mooch did a show on the QB's.  the low down on petty was not good "when his first read isn't wide open, he pulls it down and gets sacked"

 

The ESPN guys (and Joe Namath) all seemed to believe Geno Smith should get a look.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Larz said:

earth to jets fans

petty is way behind and is the 3rd string QB in a league where most teams carry 2 QB's and bowles is happy with fitz.  the sooner y'all give up on this whole petty saves the day thing the better of you will be

when he came out mooch did a show on the QB's.  the low down on petty was not good "when his first read isn't wide open, he pulls it down and gets sacked"

 

In college he only had one read.That's why he was an unknown quantity and needed a year to learn.

He looked light years better than Geno in preseason. Maybe take your own advice there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Powpow said:

So I met this real estate guy in Virginia yesterday who's from West Virginia and is a huge WV fan. Huge. I asked him what he thought of Geno Smith. He said he was great for awhile. They went 5-0 in 2012 then played Texas Tech on a windy day, were crushed and was terrible.  He proceeded to crumble the season away. In essence, he stated Geno had no guts and is a head case. 😮

Yet everyone still thinks he should start over Fitz.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been a depressing season, and all looks lost.  I am resigned to a 4-5 win season or worse..

 

but I would really hope we see the jets fired up for dennis byrd tonight and bring a huge effort and win this one for him and his memory of what a great Jet he was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Translation: one guy said it. 

 

25 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

One guy?  Nope.  Were you watching?  It was Joe and the gang of 5 who sit at the desk on the field during pregame (Randy Moss, Steve Young and the others).

Wishful thinking though.  Ha, took most people way too long to see it (after 12mil and a 1-4 start) but FINALLY the "experts" are coming to their senses.

 

24 minutes ago, Pac said:

a dozen talking heads have been saying it for weeks.

 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They all said it.  Everyone of them. 

lol, trolled by Ranger9. 

Shameful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The ESPN guys (and Joe Namath) all seemed to believe Geno Smith should get a look.

News anchors get paid to appeal to those that react most to the least depth of knowledge.

Theres a producer somewhere feeding them narratives to support viewership for tonight's game. QB controversy sells better than 3 combined wins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Larz said:

earth to jets fans

petty is way behind and is the 3rd string QB in a league where most teams carry 2 QB's and bowles is happy with fitz.  the sooner y'all give up on this whole petty saves the day thing the better of you will be

when he came out mooch did a show on the QB's.  the low down on petty was not good "when his first read isn't wide open, he pulls it down and gets sacked"

 

Well that's it then, Mooch can't be wrong. 

So while we're on the TV head knows better kick, every single person on ESPN are saying Geno needs to be put in over Fitz.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...