Decker's Insulting Comments

David Harris

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I see no difference between forfeiting the season by playing the worst quarterback in the NFL or playing probably the second worst quarterback in the NFL. Regardless at least we get to see a different flavor of total and complete failure.

What's the worst that can happen?  The Jets lose games to bad football teams while their QB throws INT's, fumbles, takes bad sacks, misses wide open WR's by 20 feet and maybe has a millennial emo moment in a press conference? 

Wait, who's worse than Fitz? 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Jokes aside, organized. 

Bill Murray don't play that fu fu lame sheeiiiit.

All jokes aside, its a pretty sh*tty thing to say from Decker whether you agree with him or not. That's not how a leader acts and thats not how you speak about another teammate. 

Pretty sh*tty thing to say and do.  Makes me lose quite a bit of respect for him. 

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

I have played and technically still do play organized sports and disagree with Eric Decker. 

He's dumb. Worst QB in NFL being benched for anyone who might do better actually suggests the want to stop losing. If this locker room really believes benching Fitz = forfeit, then they can all kick rocks. 

Bowles has to be dumped for giving away his control of the team, and for allowing this narrative/mindset to set in.

awful.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

All jokes aside, its a pretty sh*tty thing to say from Decker whether you agree with him or not. That's not how a leader acts and thats not how you speak about another teammate. 

Pretty sh*tty thing to say and do.  Makes me lose quite a bit of respect for him. 

I don't think there's any malice intended though.  If you follow Decker or Petty on social media you'd know that they are very good friends. Petty is a part of the Mangold, Fitz, Marshall, Decker man-squad.  Hell, last year, Decker had Petty sleep at his house for a few months and had him over for holiday events.  This whole thread is digging a little too deep, IMO.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

He's dumb. Worst QB in NFL being benched for anyone who might do better actually suggests the want to stop losing. If this locker room really believes benching Fitz = forfeit, then they can all kick rocks. 

Bowles has to be dumped for giving away his control of the team, and for allowing this narrative/mindset to set in.

awful.

My fear is when its gone this far, you can never get it back.   

Think about the position those comments puts Bowles in.  To come out and make those comments publicly?  He's been completely painted into the corner.  Now what?  If he goes to Petty he's waving the white flag because he's moving on from the worst QB in the league?  Also, what does this do to Petty's confidence?  The star WR that he's hopefully throwing to next season thinks he sucks.  

It completely undermines the Head Coach, all because you like to play swapsies on date night? 

For ****s sake.  It's a total mess. 

As bad as the Jets have been, this team is two special teams disasters away from being 5-4. When is the last time that God forbidden unit has done anything to win a game for this team. The INT's suck, but Andrew Luck just won a game with a 1 TD  2 INT performance on the road against the Packers. The defense has been awful at times, but has played better in the second half of the last three games. And red zone play calling has been nothing short of atrocious, as Gailey stubbornly calls the same plays over and over while perplexingly ignoring the run game and short WR screens. Bowles has severely regressed as head coach and Decker's absence has turned out to be huge. A win next week keeps them hanging in there, but with a pair of match-ups with the Pats on the horizon, the Jets are going to have to have some sort of special bye week to have any chance at all of salvaging this massively disappointing season.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

The only people who disagree with what Eric said have never played an organized sport at a competitive level.  Contrary to popular belief around here, pro athletes who are worth their salt have the same mentality as Decker. There isn't a player on that team that wants to "forfeit" the season right now by turning to Petty...as much as I want them to.  

Decker, as much as we may not like it, is probably right.

Problem is, we have very few players "worth their salt". 

You don't want the coach and organization to play for the future? Then stop playing like crap in the present.

End of story.

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I don't think there's any malice intended though.  If you follow Decker or Petty on social media you'd know that they are very good friends. Petty is a part of the Mangold, Fitz, Marshall, Decker man-squad.  Hell, last year, Decker had Petty sleep at his house for a few months and had him over for holiday events.  This whole thread is digging a little too deep, IMO.

Intended or not, it's not like he minced his words.  And see my post above, comments like that undermine the Head Coach and paint him into a corner.

It's pretty sh*tty thing to do.  

What did Decker have to say if anything when Fitzpatrick ripped the organization when he was benched for Geno Smith as somebody else mentioned we need a real GM a real head coach none of this sh*t would be going  on in New England. 

The players here are running the team. 

For clarity:

No one is saying Petty will be any good....but we know Fitz is not.

Decker is a smart and likable guy, a glue guy....but he has greatly overstepped his bounds openly campaigning, protesting a practice, and now voicing his continued opinion.

Employees are hired to do their jobs and not play locker room politician.

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

For clarity:

Decker is a smart and likable guy, a glue guy....but he has greatly overstepped his bounds openly campaigning, protesting a practice, and now voicing his continued opinion.

most employees are not interviewed in their workplace and asked opinions of co-workers

the jets can't go to petty until they are mathematically eliminated

don't worry, that won't be very long

4 minutes ago, David Harris said:

For clarity:

I would let Decker fin greener pastures. Deckers points definitely hint that Bowles is NOT respected, has lost the locker room and is basing the Fitz decision on fear  of the teams reaction Bowles needs to be fired.

It is at this time of year when teams start finding themselves eliminated that veterans who have underperformed realize that their teams are likely rebuilding and that they will need new jobs.  It will be harder to get new jobs if they are cut as veterans, and if their game tapes reflect a weaker QB.  Thus, the veterans have no interest in experimenting, even if the experiment could end up fruitful.

I think history has shown that generally the football teams that are successful are ones where the coach has total control over the players.  Bowles does not appear to have any control over the players and lacks their respect.  Even if the Jets do fire him he will get another chance.   Many first time coaches get it together on their second and third tries.  It would be really nice if Parcells and Arians can call Bowles and help him get his act together so that the Jets are better, Woody does not have to try and fix it, and Bowles and his family are better off.

Maybe the board writes him a group letter.

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I would let Decker fin greener pastures. Deckers points definitely hint that Bowles is NOT respected, has lost the locker room and is basing the Fitz decision on fear  of the teams reaction Bowles needs to be fired.

Whose in charge here?  Where is the discipline?  Mo and 
Sheldon missing meetings, all the personal fouls, missed meetings, Revis' lack of conditioning and effort, missed assignments in the secondary, and now these chirps from players giving their two cents on who the QB should be.

I get Decker, Fitz is a legit friend of his but he should be muzzled by the HC at Jump Street....it should be clear that coaches choose who plays and the players play.

15 minutes ago, Larz said:

most employees are not interviewed in their workplace and asked opinions of co-workers

the jets can't go to petty until they are mathematically eliminated

don't worry, that won't be very long

I have no clue how anyone can support this logic.

If your convinced it wont be long till the Jets are going to be mathematically eliminated under Fitz, then why not try Petty?

Let's try it this way: If you know that investment #1 is going to fail and you're destined to lose money.  Wouldnt you rather invest your money in investment #2? Which possibly could return value and if it does fail, the consequences are exactly the same.  The only difference is, investment #2 gives value further down the road and investment #1 does not.

No doubt the guy is standing up for his friend. Also, considering all the effort he and others put in to getting Fitz back. Now with Fitz being what he always was against good competition, they are hoping he can prove them right by improving against the easier schedule.
Problem is as I pointed out in the offseason, the blueprint was lay out by Rex, on the best way to beat Fitz
As far as the comment about Petty not being ready,if he is correct, I would have to assume he has seen what Petty does in practice, then we are truly in trouble.
As a fan I have to question, why if Fitz is so bad, is the coaching staff hesitant to play Petty.
An if Petty is not ready after two years of watching and perfecting his pro game ,what does that say about Hack who was even more of a project.
I hate to even think this, but we are getting damn close to cleaning house from the head coach down and starting again.
Also it's time to bring in a stronger prospect with starting experience, yes that's right, cut all the dead wood and sign Mike Glennon.
As soon as the season is over they should be knocking on his door contract in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bottom line is, what do you have to lose putting Petty out there. Fitz's stats and play is horrendous. Did you watch the Miami game? It was painful. Made a couple good throws but other than than he stunk. I don't think you can play worse than Fitz has this year. C'mon man, I like Fitz as a gamer but realistically he has to go. This team needs to move away from him and open up the offense.

13 minutes ago, fltflo said:

No doubt the guy is standing up for his friend. Also, considering all the effort he and others put in to getting Fitz back. Now with Fitz being what he always was against good competition, they are hoping he can prove them right by improving against the easier schedule.
Problem is as I pointed out in the offseason, the blueprint was lay out by Rex, on the best way to beat Fitz
As far as the comment about Petty not being ready,if he is correct, I would have to assume he has seen what Petty does in practice, then we are truly in trouble.
As a fan I have to question, why if Fitz is so bad, is the coaching staff hesitant to play Petty.
An if Petty is not ready after two years of watching and perfecting his pro game ,what does that say about Hack who was even more of a project.

I hate to even think this, but we are getting damn close to cleaning house from the head coach down and starting again.
Also it's time to bring in a stronger prospect with starting experience, yes that's right, cut all the dead wood and sign Mike Glennon.
As soon as the season is over they should be knocking on his door contract in hand.

Granted it was preseason and I was the first to point that out at the time but Petty looked competent.  It's not like he was completely lost, tripping over his own feet out there.  He looked like a player that you could go to and potentially get some decent to solid production.  So if he's healthy, the hesitance is strange, to say the least.  And even if it is a playbook thing...well, then ******* coach!  Adjust the play book, dial it back, run a few of his favorite plays, run the ball more...figure it the **** out!  That's what you're paid to do. You drafted him, traded up for him and kept him on the roster with 3 other QB's...why?

I dont think Petty has anything to do with Hack.  That decision is another discussion all to itself. 

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The only people who disagree with what Eric said have never played an organized sport at a competitive level.  Contrary to popular belief around here, pro athletes who are worth their salt have the same mentality as Decker. There isn't a player on that team that wants to "forfeit" the season right now by turning to Petty...as much as I want them to.  

Decker, as much as we may not like it, is probably right.

Spot on! 

Digging a little too deep on here?  Impossible!  Never! 

54 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What did Decker have to say if anything when Fitzpatrick ripped the organization when he was benched for Geno Smith as somebody else mentioned we need a real GM a real head coach none of this sh*t would be going  on in New England. 

The players here are running the team. 

My gawd is this place hilarious!  Pure comedy gold. 

Hmmmm let's assume Decker and you are correct what happens if Fitz hurts his foot during practice.  Are the players supposed to say "the season is over" or "next man up and we have faith in Petty"? :)

This is how you know the inmates are running the asylum.  Here we have a guy that is out for the season casting aspersions against the young back up quarterback because he knows his homeboys days as the starter are numbered.   If I'm Petty I'm like "WTF??".  Decker better hope Petty nevers becomes the starting quarterback next year; he is liable to remember those comments....  That was  a real bitch thing to do.

I want Petty in now but honestly what does a few week delay mean in terms of Petty getting a chance? He's going to get some starts. The team will wait until we are mathematically eliminated and when the other circumstances are best for Petty. 

We're all pissed but we have to wait this out a few more weeks. 

Excuse me? Who the hell said putting Bryce in means throwing in the towel? With all due respect Bryce may not be good. We get that. But Fitz is the worst starting QB in the NFL right now. The worst. With the way Fitz is playing Petty may actually be an upgrade at this point. He may not be good, but he very well might be better than awful, which is what Fitz is.

43 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

This is how you know the inmates are running the asylum.  Here we have a guy that is out for the season casting aspersions against the young back up quarterback because he knows his homeboys days as the starter are numbered.   If I'm Petty I'm like "WTF??".  Decker better hope Petty nevers becomes the starting quarterback next year; he is liable to remember those comments....  That was  a real bitch thing to do.

he said it's not time to give up on the season.

holy sh*t, this place, lol

Archived