Cutler 2017!

Klecko73isGod

Hear me out. 

There will absolutely be a roster purge this offseason. Fitz will  (thankfully) be gone. Geno will be gone. Petty, most likely, will be gone. Hackenberg gets to stay because he has potential, is an unknown quantity and we just used a 2nd rounder on him.

Unless the Jets do something ridiculously stupid like winning 3 of their last 4 games to finish the season, we are most likely headed to a top 5 draft pick and will almost certainly draft a quarterback. 

We will need a veteran to start the season while we groom the rookie. 

If we're gonna have a veteran QB who throws a lot of interceptions, I want someone who does it with style and is entertaining. 

My biggest issue with Fitz at this point isn't that he sucks. Its that he sucks and is boring to watch. He plays a completely uninspired brand of football. He is so boring he makes me long for the thrilling days of 2007 Chad Pennington and CPF. 

So please, if we're gonna have a sh*tty QB in 2017. Let's have a fun sh*tty QB!

Who's with me?!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Ive seen more than my fair share of sh*tty retread QB's on this team id rather draft a rookie like Watson and start him than watch other teams crap here. 

Im still not giving up on Petty just yet. 

Agree. Totally agree. Let Petty (who was drafted as a back-up type QB) have a few games where he gets practice time to work on the game plan. Just seeing him come into a game that we are losing by 20+ points does not give anyone a legit excuse to say, well we saw Petty - he is dog sh*t... next QB. See what happens after a few games. I don't expect him to be Aaron Rodgers but I don't expect him to be the worst starting QB in the league either.

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

Petty will play himself out of town over the next four weeks. He is terrible. 

With so many players playing bad and the possibility of a new coach I am not sure this is true. The common thought is that this is a poorly coached team. That would mean you shouldnt give up on young players because it may be the coaching.

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Petty will play himself out of town over the next four weeks. He is terrible. 

Doubt that is true... He might have come from spread offense, but dude has some talent. He might not be Tom Brady, but he's not as bad as some are making him out to be.

1 minute ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Yeah... that's worth getting excited about. 

Hard to argue with a guy who has Klecko as his handle because one of my favorite Jets, but I disagree with your assessment of Petty. 

2 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

I'll take Romo instead. Most underrated QB in the league. He's in the second tier of QBs, just below Brady, Brees, Rodgers.

Romo will be going to a team that can win now. Romo could be lured here with the potential of working with Marshall/Decker/Enunwa etc.., but with our offensive line and his back it's not a great match. 

Cutler is the more likely scenario, but he would be eaten alive by the Media. 

Like Joewilly said before, Petty/Hack/rookie and roll with those guys. Best case scenario one of them emerge. Worst case scenario, these guys are all garbage and we go 1-15 and get the 1st pick in the 2018 draft when there are a bunch of potential franchise QBs:

Sam Darnold

Josh Rosen

Jake Browning

(PS I did not include Lamar Jackson because he is not an NFL QB despite being ranked in some mock drafts as a high 1st round pick). 

20 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Hear me out. 

There will absolutely be a roster purge this offseason. Fitz will  (thankfully) be gone. Geno will be gone. Petty, most likely, will be gone. Hackenberg gets to stay because he has potential, is an unknown quantity and we just used a 2nd rounder on him.

Unless the Jets do something ridiculously stupid like winning 3 of their last 4 games to finish the season, we are most likely headed to a top 5 draft pick and will almost certainly draft a quarterback. 

We will need a veteran to start the season while we groom the rookie. 

If we're gonna have a veteran QB who throws a lot of interceptions, I want someone who does it with style and is entertaining. 

My biggest issue with Fitz at this point isn't that he sucks. Its that he sucks and is boring to watch. He plays a completely uninspired brand of football. He is so boring he makes me long for the thrilling days of 2007 Chad Pennington and CPF. 

So please, if we're gonna have a sh*tty QB in 2017. Let's have a fun sh*tty QB!

Who's with me?!

Pass.

No more retreads and 3 years plans. If we think Glennon is the guy for the next 10 years, let's go for him. I would rather suck next year and possibly get a franchise QB the following year, then take another 2-3 year patch. We are not that good and too old. Time to build for the future.

Cutler is a well known jerk.

Cutler has one of the best if not the best arm in the league.

Cutler is a very tough QB that will stand in and take a hit to make a play.

Cutler has had some of the most dismal olines to work with over the years.

I think he would do well in the jets present offensive system, however if we trot out the oline we seem to be moving towards next year any QB willget killed.

4 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

No more retreads and 3 years plans. If we think Glennon is the guy for the next 10 years, let's go for him. I would rather suck next year and possibly get a franchise QB the following year, then take another 2-3 year patch. We are not that good and too old. Time to build for the future.

What kind of psycho thinks Glennon is a franchise QB?

GTFO

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

What kind of psycho thinks Glennon is a franchise QB?

GTFO

Wow, didn't realize that 'GTFO' was acceptable here, but apparently only your opinion is valid... nice.

As for Glennon - I don't believe he is the guy either, but some here do; at least with him you can build for the future as he is still young. Culter that hasn't done much in his career is already 33 and not likely to be a short term let alone a long term solution.

You don't like my comments, ignore me. But, please try not to pop a blood vessel over random thoughts on a member site about football...

25 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

It's "due" respect. 

If you're gonna try and insult someone.....

LOL

I have no problem at all bringing Cutler in here for a year or 2. I can tell you, we would see a marked improvement at the position immediately, at least he is a professional QB, not like the crap we have seen with Fitz & Geno. My only issue is the CS, we do not need Cutler here to throw underneath and play scared / conservative as this CS always does.

Just now, bostonmajet said:

Wow, didn't realize that 'GTFO' was acceptable here, but apparently only your opinion is valid... nice.

As for Glennon - I don't believe he is the guy either, but some here do; at least with him you can build for the future as he is still young. Culter that hasn't done much in his career is already 33 and not likely to be a short term let alone a long term solution.

You don't like my comments, ignore me. But, please try not to pop a blood vessel over random thoughts on a member site about football...

If you read my OP I am not talking about building around Cutler. No one who would advocate for Cutler would dream of that. 

I am talking about him starting maybe 8 games while we ready a first rounder, who you would obviously be looking to build around. 

Glennon sucks. 

Archived