Cutler 2017!

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm not sure what cutler's status is.  i suspect the bears would try to trade him but failing that would release him.  if he has an existing contract he's be cheaper than fitz was this year.  the whole point is no matter how they want to go next season the first thing they need is to figure out if bowles and his staff will be able to develop hack/petty or use whatever vet in the best way.  thus far there has been very little apparently done in grooming either hack or petty for a starter's job.  maybe we'll see in the next 4 games.

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

If you read my OP I am not talking about building around Cutler. No one who would advocate for Cutler would dream of that. 

I am talking about him starting maybe 8 games while we ready a first rounder, who you would obviously be looking to build around. 

Glennon sucks. 

10000% agree on Glennon, as I have been saying, I do not get the infatuation with Mr. Bobble head. He had a shot and TB wound up with the #1 pick that they used on a QB. Glennon = / < Petty/Hack.

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

If you read my OP I am not talking about building around Cutler. No one who would advocate for Cutler would dream of that. 

I am talking about him starting maybe 8 games while we ready a first rounder, who you would obviously be looking to build around. 

Glennon sucks. 

Yeah, I read it; not sure why we would want Cutler (too expensive) for 8 games. Also, I don't think anyone available this year will be the guy. But, if we draft a QB (or acquire one) and want a Vet for the first 8-12 games, I would be okay with that. Just when you sign a guy like Cutler, he is going to want to compete to start and we would have to pay enough for him that we will have to let him start until he gets beat out.

Just now, ASH1962 said:

10000% agree on Glennon, as I have been saying, I do not get the infatuation with Mr. Bobble head. He had a shot and TB wound up with the #1 pick that they used on a QB. Glennon = / < Petty/Hack.

Anytime a guy plays remotely competently for another team, there are a group of poster here who fall in love with the guy.

It's a grass is always greener thing. 

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Yeah, I read it; not sure why we would want Cutler (too expensive) for 8 games. Also, I don't think anyone available this year will be the guy. But, if we draft a QB (or acquire one) and want a Vet for the first 8-12 games, I would be okay with that. Just when you sign a guy like Cutler, he is going to want to compete to start and we would have to pay enough for him that we will have to let him start until he gets beat out.

And he's gonna start. There won't be a competition. You sign him to a 2-year cap friendly deal that allows you to cut him after year one if the rookie works out. 

No to Cutler, not even on a vet minimum contract. No to Romo. We're not good enough to win with those guys. Romo maybe has one more year left and thats if he can stay healthy. 

If you can somehow trade for Rivers then you get him. Rivers has another 4-5 good years left in him, and you can build around that in time. But thats a pipedream. 

Go after Cousins, if theres a shot at all to get him. Thats the only big $ we should be spending on a quarterback next year. Another long shot, but more realistic than getting Rivers.

Most likely we Start Petty, Hackenberg, Sign Glennon or Hoyer to a 2 - year deal and see if any of them show promise.

At this point so what if any of them suck and we end up 2-14? 2018 draft should have a few franchise QB's coming out. Once we have that or a chance to draft one, then a really good head coach will actually want to coach this sess pool.

I’m not a huge Cutler fan. I was when he was drafted, but I’ve soured on him a lot over the years. However, I actually think there’s a good shot he’ll be the QB of the Jets next year. He makes a lot of sense.

Is he great? Absolutely not. But he’s definitely capable and much better than Fitz and probably any QB we’ve had in a while. That’s not saying a whole lot but still. You can win with him. And I think Maac and Bowles are going to want a veteran QB that can play at a higher level than a Ryan Fitzpatrick can. Assuming both of them are back.

Even if the Jets draft another QB, it makes sense to have a vet. I would definitely be interested in bringing in Cutler, seeing what he can do with guys like Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, and Anderson to throw to while hoping a younger player develops behind him.

Jay Cutler had or is having season ending shoulder surgery on his throwing shoulder. He tore his labrum and that's not a good thing. He and Marshall don't seem like pals.

2017 is going to suck like 2016. Might as well try and get someone to bridge to (gulp) Hack or the 2018 draft pick and go for the #1 pick.

One name I'd seriously look at is Blake Bortles.

59 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Cutler is a well known jerk.

Cutler has one of the best if not the best arm in the league.

Cutler is a very tough QB that will stand in and take a hit to make a play.

Cutler has had some of the most dismal olines to work with over the years.

I think he would do well in the jets present offensive system, however if we trot out the oline we seem to be moving towards next year any QB willget killed.

Plus him and Brandon can be reunited and it would feel so good.

1 hour ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Hear me out. 

There will absolutely be a roster purge this offseason. Fitz will  (thankfully) be gone. Geno will be gone. Petty, most likely, will be gone. Hackenberg gets to stay because he has potential, is an unknown quantity and we just used a 2nd rounder on him.

Unless the Jets do something ridiculously stupid like winning 3 of their last 4 games to finish the season, we are most likely headed to a top 5 draft pick and will almost certainly draft a quarterback. 

We will need a veteran to start the season while we groom the rookie. 

If we're gonna have a veteran QB who throws a lot of interceptions, I want someone who does it with style and is entertaining. 

My biggest issue with Fitz at this point isn't that he sucks. Its that he sucks and is boring to watch. He plays a completely uninspired brand of football. He is so boring he makes me long for the thrilling days of 2007 Chad Pennington and CPF. 

So please, if we're gonna have a sh*tty QB in 2017. Let's have a fun sh*tty QB!

Who's with me?!

daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-12.gif

In the '06 draft, I absolutely LOVED Cutler. He would have been considered a reach where the Jets were picking, but I didn't care. He was the QB I felt we must take.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be upset with a Shanahan/Cutler reunion in Florham Park next year.

Just now, sourceworx said:

In the '06 draft, I absolutely LOVED Cutler. He would have been considered a reach where the Jets were picking, but I didn't care. He was the QB I felt we must take.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be upset with a Shanahan/Cutler reunion in Florham Park next year.

Me neither - the next 2 years is going to be full blown rebuild mode - at least Cutler is entertaining.

2 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Anytime a guy plays remotely competently for another team, there are a group of poster here who fall in love with the guy.

It's a grass is always greener thing. 

Totally understandable to be honest. We are so QB starved that anyone who completes a pass looks better than what we have had to endure.

2 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Hear me out. 

There will absolutely be a roster purge this offseason. Fitz will  (thankfully) be gone. Geno will be gone. Petty, most likely, will be gone. Hackenberg gets to stay because he has potential, is an unknown quantity and we just used a 2nd rounder on him.

Unless the Jets do something ridiculously stupid like winning 3 of their last 4 games to finish the season, we are most likely headed to a top 5 draft pick and will almost certainly draft a quarterback. 

We will need a veteran to start the season while we groom the rookie. 

If we're gonna have a veteran QB who throws a lot of interceptions, I want someone who does it with style and is entertaining. 

My biggest issue with Fitz at this point isn't that he sucks. Its that he sucks and is boring to watch. He plays a completely uninspired brand of football. He is so boring he makes me long for the thrilling days of 2007 Chad Pennington and CPF. 

So please, if we're gonna have a sh*tty QB in 2017. Let's have a fun sh*tty QB!

Who's with me?!

I'm ready too run through a brick wall with you after that!... Like you said it's not the sh*tty QB but the boring sh*tty QB that's so depressing, If he eats hotdogs on the sidelines after throwing an INT then I'm all in for Cutler

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I would say there's a strong possibility we end up with a Cutler or Romo type. I wouldn't be thrilled (I'd rather just stink and be in position to draft a QB high next year) but it would be a very Woody move.

Remember Vinnie T..  He had a rep as a failure and an INT machine when he came here.

Archived