Roll Call - Who is going to Jets \ Dolphins on 12/17?

Maxman

6 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Glenn

You deserve a special send off. You are a great guy. I will let Max chime in but we should make this special for you. 

Thanks for the sentiment dude...very much appreciated, but I'm only special in a short bus kind of way.

Max is going to provide me with a warm place to park myself during what will likely be a freezing cold couple of hours before kickoff.  I'll be sure to bring a beer or two to toast this "unforgettable" Jets season....that's good enough for me.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/11/2016 at 1:12 PM, Maxman said:

I just had to look up Lot B, wasn't sure where that was!

We are in F11. Stop by and say hi anytime. First lot when you pull in off the turnpike. We are on the left, pretty much the first thing you see of the Turnpike.

RV.jpg

RV2.jpg

Why is there a basketball on the tailgate table ?

Deal is done

1.Got $240 for my LSL tickets after SH fees

2. Just found 2 club corners row 4 for $150 including all fees (face value 220 each). Best part is they included green parking pass which I relisted for 37. I am guessing I will get 30-35 for it as Saturday gets closer which would bring my price for the clubs (and the ability to get out of the rain/cold) to about 60 bucks per seat.

I love it when a plan comes together....Hannibal Smith

5 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Deal is done

1.Got $240 for my LSL tickets after SH fees

2. Just found 2 club corners row 4 for $150 including all fees (face value 220 each). Best part is they included green parking pass which I relisted for 37. I am guessing I will get 30-35 for it as Saturday gets closer which would bring my price for the clubs (and the ability to get out of the rain/cold) to about 60 bucks per seat.

I love it when a plan comes together....Hannibal Smith

Don't be a pussy and sit in the elements with the rest of us .

wish I was going.. planning on next year so hopefully I'll say hello to some of you :) 

on a side note.. looks like since the Giants game is so close to the Jets game.. the endzone's will be neutral with zero logo.. (that kind of sucks)

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/no-team-names-in-end-zone-for-jets-giants-this-weekend-121416

Turns out I might have some Billy Joel tickets for Saturday night, so I'll have to choose between going out and having fun, or going to the Jets game.

I'm sure I'll go to MetLife so I can spend three hours telling myself what an idiot I am.

It's not so much the game that has me on the fence as it is the crappy weather and the inability to tailgate comfortably dry with wind and rain predicted all night. 

I have 3 Tix - 2 on NFL Tix Exchange for sale - and most likely will attend solo. The highlight in this horrendous season has been the grilling & tailgating, so the weather preventing me from doing so - and the hellish drive back to the UWS from the meadowlands in possible 1-3inches of snow- is causing me to debate whether or not to attend. May even take public transit to the stadium just to avoid driving in crappy weather.

Tailgate joe's  AsianBBQ & the 80's sounds fun and inviting as an alternative to my own personal grilling, but a few questions for those that have attended:

Is there a covered area for those in attendance as General Admission or is a tent covering ONLY available for the VIP Tent option stated on the webpage? Is there seating or can you bring your own?

Can you BYOB or are you strictly limited to what TJ provides?

Is the consumption area enclosed or are you free to go as you please and there's a wristband type system for reloading on food & beverages?

do /Can people decide to pool together for a VIP tent on the spot or is it strictly when ordered before the event? I HATE rain.

Any replies will be much appreciated. Thanks

9 hours ago, AFJF said:

Turns out I might have some Billy Joel tickets for Saturday night, so I'll have to choose between going out and having fun, or going to the Jets game.

I'm sure I'll go to MetLife so I can spend three hours telling myself what an idiot I am.

I swear, sometimes you can be such an Uptown Girl. :)

5 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

It's not so much the game that has me on the fence as it is the crappy weather and the inability to tailgate comfortably dry with wind and rain predicted all night. 

I have 3 Tix - 2 on NFL Tix Exchange for sale - and most likely will attend solo. The highlight in this horrendous season has been the grilling & tailgating, so the weather preventing me from doing so - and the hellish drive back to the UWS from the meadowlands in possible 1-3inches of snow- is causing me to debate whether or not to attend. May even take public transit to the stadium just to avoid driving in crappy weather.

Tailgate joe's  AsianBBQ & the 80's sounds fun and inviting as an alternative to my own personal grilling, but a few questions for those that have attended:

Is there a covered area for those in attendance as General Admission or is a tent covering ONLY available for the VIP Tent option stated on the webpage? Is there seating or can you bring your own?

Can you BYOB or are you strictly limited to what TJ provides?

Is the consumption area enclosed or are you free to go as you please and there's a wristband type system for reloading on food & beverages?

do /Can people decide to pool together for a VIP tent on the spot or is it strictly when ordered before the event? I HATE rain.

Any replies will be much appreciated. Thanks

If you are driving in, you can park over there an put up your own tent. And you can pay Joe for a bracelet but bring your own alcohol if you want. I am sure he won't complain if you are drinking less of his stuff. :)

I don't think he has any general areas that are covered.

On 12/11/2016 at 11:43 PM, AFJF said:

Thanks for the sentiment dude...very much appreciated, but I'm only special in a short bus kind of way.

Max is going to provide me with a warm place to park myself during what will likely be a freezing cold couple of hours before kickoff.  I'll be sure to bring a beer or two to toast this "unforgettable" Jets season....that's good enough for me.

No beer, the beer is on us.

On 12/15/2016 at 0:12 AM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

The weather forecast for this game SUCKS.  I don't feel like drying out tents, flags, etc. Saturday night and Sunday morning.

It looks like there is a break in the weather from 2:00 PM through 7:00 PM . Perfect for tailgating . LIGHT THE GRILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the car is not going to be ready for tomorrow from the mechanic shop. :-( 

No Car, no tailgate. Rain in the forecast for most of the day. <_<

SO I have an extra parking pass if anyone is interested and may end up at Tailgate Joe's. I'll be the creepy guy standing in the corner under an umbrella - even if it doesn't rain. :D

We caught a break with the weather ...

3:00 PM SAT, DEC 17

Cloudy

37°32° 15%85%SW 6 mph

4:00 PM SAT, DEC 17

Cloudy

37°32° 25%85%SW 6 mph

5:00 PM SAT, DEC 17

Cloudy

37°32° 25%85%SW 5 mph

6:00 PM SAT, DEC 17

Cloudy

37°32° 25%85%SSW 6 mph

7:00 PM SAT, DEC 17

Cloudy

37°33° 10%84%SSW 5 mph

8:00 PM SAT, DEC 17

Cloudy

38°35° 10%81%SSW 4 mph

9:00 PM SAT, DEC 17

Cloudy

39°37° 15%81%SSW 4 mph

10:00 PM SAT, DEC 17

Foggy

40°38° 15%83%S 4 mph

11:00 PM SAT, DEC 17

Foggy

41°39° 25%84%S 4 mph

12:00 AM SUN, DEC 18

Foggy

42°40° 25%84%S 3 mph

SQUISH THE FISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I've been to games in inclement weather before as we all have. But rain is the worst. Snow is more fun. ?

Yup.  Cold rain is by far the worst, but it's been way too long w/o going to a game for me.  

I obviously didn't care to see Fitz play, but now I have no excuse.  Can't go two full years w/o going to a game.  I'll be there cheering on Petty and the Gang.

What's the deal with parking passes?  With SH fees, still like 40 bucks for a worthless game in the rain.

3 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Yup.  Cold rain is by far the worst, but it's been way too long w/o going to a game for me.  

I obviously didn't care to see Fitz play, but now I have no excuse.  Can't go two full years w/o going to a game.  I'll be there cheering on Petty and the Gang.

What's the deal with parking passes?  With SH fees, still like 40 bucks for a worthless game in the rain.

They know you need the parking pass to get in.

Got you by the short hairs.

20 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

They know you need the parking pass to get in.

Got you by the short hairs.

I sent him my yellow pass for below the current online market price of $50 after fees.

I'm STILL on the fence on whether to head out. Would take about an hour  & 1/2 via subway, NJ Transit @ Penn, Seacuacus transfer to MetLife. 

Archived