Rams fired Fisher

JetsFanatic

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You dont get a trophy for making the playoffs.

BTW, is draft pick dependant on playoffs or not

the Giants were 9-7 in 2011 and won it all.  there aren't any dominant teams anymore, get in and anything can happen.  we were 9-7 in 2009 and a half away from the SB.  I'd rather lose in the playoffs than miss the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the Giants were 9-7 in 2011 and won it all.  there aren't any dominant teams anymore, get in and anything can happen.  we were 9-7 in 2009 and a half away from the SB.  I'd rather lose in the playoffs than miss the playoffs.

Given the fact that I cried when Doug Brien missed his field goals, I would slightly disagree with you.

I want to make the playoffs as a dominant team.

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

There was a lot of speculation he did but nothing was confirmed. 

More lies from you:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18199958/jeff-fisher-signs-contract-extension-los-angeles-rams-coach

Fisher confirmed it in Sunday's postgame news conference, minutes after his team was thoroughly outplayed in a 26-10 loss to the New England Cheaters. He said the deal was signed "well before" even the first preseason game.

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I hate to tell you this but 8-8 w/ playoff loss is better than 10-6 w/ no playoffs.

Actually that not necessarily true.

Its still 2 fewer wins and means you made the playoffs for reasons other than your win totals.  Doesnt mean that you had a better season and thats the point

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Given the fact that I cried when Doug Brien missed his field goals, I would slightly disagree with you.

I want to make the playoffs as a dominant team.

you cried b/c it meant so much, when you lose playoff games they are harder to take b/c you are much closer to a SB.  I'd still much rather lose in the playoffs than not make it.  I love having extra weeks of football where there's only a few games in the league and everyone is watching.

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually that not necessarily true.

Its still 2 fewer wins and means you made the playoffs for reasons other than your win totals.  Doesnt mean that you had a better season and thats the point

Sea 2010 was 7-9 and won a playoff game, that was a much better season than our 10-6 season a year ago.  Now if we were a young team loaded w/ talent on the cusp of doing something special I might agree w/ you but that was as close as we have been the ;last 5 years and may be as close as we get for a couple more years.

Just now, nyjunc said:

Sea 2010 was 7-9 and won a playoff game, that was a much better season than our 10-6 season a year ago.  Now if we were a young team loaded w/ talent on the cusp of doing something special I might agree w/ you but that was as close as we have been the ;last 5 years and may be as close as we get for a couple more years.

To you Seattle making the playoffs by luck, not by being deserving of a playoff spot is much better.  I wouldnt get satisfaction from knowing we made the playoffs that way.  Had the entire country debating whether we should be in or not.  Whether it was the start of a playoff run or in the middle of a drought, I dont think that way.  Thats just me though, get that some would be happier fooling themselves into believing the team is better for having no real competition and getting a playoff spot

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Grow up my posts in this thread are valid there were reports but no one confirmed the extension. 

Dont JO another thread you are so good at it.

What kind of confirmation do you want?  Its been talked about, reported, mentioned by others plenty of times.  And then he's fired?  Why would anyone even consider extending him, never mind actually doing it.  You have to assume the reports are true at this point.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

What kind of confirmation do you want?  Its been talked about, reported, mentioned by others plenty of times.  And then he's fired?  Why would anyone even consider extending him, never mind actually doing it.  You have to assume the reports are true at this point.

So just like Rex is getting fired on Monday reported yet here we are and Rex is still the head coach of the Bills. 

I don't believe they extended him to fire him a week later. 

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

To you Seattle making the playoffs by luck, not by being deserving of a playoff spot is much better.  I wouldnt get satisfaction from knowing we made the playoffs that way.  Had the entire country debating whether we should be in or not.  Whether it was the start of a playoff run or in the middle of a drought, I dont think that way.  Thats just me though, get that some would be happier fooling themselves into believing the team is better for having no real competition and getting a playoff spot

I would get satisfaction making the playoffs any way, it's hard to make the playoffs.  the Giants won 2 SBs where they didn't deserve a playoff spot either time.

I'd prefer to be 15-1 and dominate the league but let's be realistic.  any PO app is better than missing.

13 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you cried b/c it meant so much, when you lose playoff games they are harder to take b/c you are much closer to a SB.  I'd still much rather lose in the playoffs than not make it.  I love having extra weeks of football where there's only a few games in the league and everyone is watching.

The fact that crappy team got a home game is the only reason that Jay Cutler has ever won a post-season game.  They didn't belong in the playoffs, but they have a great "12th man" and played a team that is  historically bad on the road.  Lucky doesn't begin to cover it.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

I would get satisfaction making the playoffs any way, it's hard to make the playoffs.  the Giants won 2 SBs where they didn't deserve a playoff spot either time.

I'd prefer to be 15-1 and dominate the league but let's be realistic.  any PO app is better than missing.

Giants were 14-2 in 86, 13-3 in 90, lost a SB in 2000 at 12-4, won the SB in 2007 at 10-6 and their last SB win was at 9-7.  

None of their SBs were where they didnt deserve a playoff spot, never mind two

I was wrong it looks that they did extend him only to fire him there are worse organizations than the Jets in the NFL 

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Jeff Fisher has an extension in place to return as head coach of the Los Angeles Rams, a development that leaked to the media on Sunday morning but transpired several months earlier.

Fisher confirmed it in Sunday's postgame news conference, minutes after his team was thoroughly outplayed in a 26-10 loss to the New England Cheaters. He said the deal was signed "well before" even the first preseason game.

6 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

you drop a guy with 3 weeks left on a short week to get a another guy without wrapping him up. that is funny - at least IMO.

OK but when Fisher is fired changes nothing if they do or dont get Harbaugh.

And no one knows that they fired him for Harbaugh in the first place, more my point.  Someone saying he may be in play doesnt mean he is or even that the Rams want him 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

OK but when Fisher is fired changes nothing if they do or dont get Harbaugh.

And no one knows that they fired him for Harbaugh in the first place, more my point.  Someone saying he may be in play doesnt mean he is or even that the Rams want him 

That would be where the word 'IF' would come into play. Of course you are free to not find it funny...

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The fact that crappy team got a home game is the only reason that Jay Cutler has ever won a post-season game.  They didn't belong in the playoffs, but they have a great "12th man" and played a team that is  historically bad on the road.  Lucky doesn't begin to cover it.

sometimes you need luck, they got a great playoff moment.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Giants were 14-2 in 86, 13-3 in 90, lost a SB in 2000 at 12-4, won the SB in 2007 at 10-6 and their last SB win was at 9-7.  

None of their SBs were where they didnt deserve a playoff spot, never mind two

the last 2, they played in weak NFC and weak NFC East.  they wouldn't have made the POs if they played in the AFC then every break imaginable went their way on both of those runs.

2 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Someone keep that nitwit Woody away from the phone, just in case he thinks he can pull off some kind of coup by hiring Fisher. 

that would be a modern version of Hess firing Carroll b/c he had to have Kotite after he was fired by Philly.

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the last 2, they played in weak NFC and weak NFC East.  they wouldn't have made the POs if they played in the AFC then every break imaginable went their way on both of those runs.

You dont know this.  You dont know what would have happened.  All we know is they won more than enough games to get into the playoffs and beat teams on the road to advance.

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So just like Rex is getting fired on Monday reported yet here we are and Rex is still the head coach of the Bills. 

I don't believe they extended him to fire him a week later. 

They didn't - the extension was signed in the offseason, and only came to light recently.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You dont know this.  You dont know what would have happened.  All we know is they won more than enough games to get into the playoffs and beat teams on the road to advance.

the NFC was very weak each year, they barely got in but once in they got hot.  they were not great teams unlike 1986 and 1990.  you don't need to be 13-3/14-2 to win SBs anymore.

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

6 winning seasons in 20 something years.  Most losses in NFL history.

Lucky mother ****er he lasted so long because he's absolutely terrible at his job. 

We need to sign him at once.

Question is, can we fly him to New York and get him some Jets gear in time for the Dolphins game?

SAR I

Archived