Mike Nugent Released

David Harris

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Any takers?

I dunno if this kicker or Justin Miller was our best 2nd round steal.

You mean Doug Jolley?

I was appalled by this move when it happened.  I'm surprised Nugent has had this long of a career he's never been good.  

With the rule change his percentage has nose dived on point afters but it may have been time to hang up his cleats. Was he worth a  second round pick ? Clearly no.

Was he a very good/great kicker for the Bengals for a long time ? Yes.

He may be our most egregious second round pick ever.  Maybe not the worst player of the group (although he turned out to be JAG, at best) but the idea that we would draft a kicker in the second round was just so abysmal that I shudder just to think of it.  Kickers should be UDFAs and without checking, I would expect that most of them weren't drafted.  I would like to see some stats on how many kickers (even the best of them) were drafted above the 7th round.

And please don't show me a list of guys we could have drafted in his place.  It will only get me depressed.

This guy was the best college kicker I've ever saw and turns out to be barely average.

Now the bucs kicker from fsu is the 2nd best college kicker I've ever saw, and he looks like a bum.

Wonder why the transition is hard to predict, where guys you've never heard of from small schools turn out to be the best kickers in the league

11 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

This guy was the best college kicker I've ever saw and turns out to be barely average.

Now the bucs kicker from fsu is the 2nd best college kicker I've ever saw, and he looks like a bum.

Wonder why the transition is hard to predict, where guys you've never heard of from small schools turn out to be the best kickers in the league

Two words:  Ster Oids.

Just kidding.  And yes, I know it is one word.   

4 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

He may be our most egregious second round pick ever.  Maybe not the worst player of the group (although he turned out to be JAG, at best) but the idea that we would draft a kicker in the second round was just so abysmal that I shudder just to think of it.  Kickers should be UDFAs and without checking, I would expect that most of them weren't drafted.  I would like to see some stats on how many kickers (even the best of them) were drafted above the 7th round.

And please don't show me a list of guys we could have drafted in his place.  It will only get me depressed.

Plus, I don't think we had a 1st round pick in 2005? So our 1st pick in the draft was a placekicker. Tell me again how Terry Bradway kept his job so long? So now its understandable that by the time Bradway had finally thrown a dart at a true superstar in the making RUSSELL WILSON, even pounding his fists on the table made everyone else in the room look at each other rolling their eyes... yea... ok Terry..Russell Wilson..ok... you do know we remember Nugent right?

Russell Wilson, lol... the guy is like 5'-7" right? Hell, I think Nugent is bigger than him... room erupts in laughter.

7 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Sebastian Janikowski!

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:37 AM, Bruce Harper said:

Egregious because Nugent was our first pick of that draft.  This was back when the first two rounds of the draft were on the same day.  I waited all day for a damn kicker.....

Archived