The solution to all of our problems has been right under our noses....

sourceworx

19 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Our best years in recent memory were when Rex coached teams that Mangini assembled. So......

Why not hire Mangini as our GM and President of Football Operations, and bring Sexy Rexy back as our head coach? 

Win-win situation! ?

Mangini was no genius.. He followed the rule book of rebuilding, ALWAYS start with a Oline..Dbrick and mangold we scooped on the same day.. Placed some pieces around them and then all of a sudden we could go deep in the playoffs with a piss poor qb (Sanchez ), running the ball when the D knew it was coming.. Look at the cowboys.. For yrs went with the big play maker,cb in the draft.. Then Garrett talked jones in making the O line #1 priority.. Look at the result.. 

jets have just wasted picks on D, incapable qbs, injury prone WRs or (cb).. Have not drafted ONE high rated Olineman since brick and mangold .. 

17 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Mangini was no genius.. He followed the rule book of rebuilding, ALWAYS start with a Oline..Dbrick and mangold we scooped on the same day.. Placed some pieces around them and then all of a sudden we could go deep in the playoffs with a piss poor qb (Sanchez ), running the ball when the D knew it was coming.. Look at the cowboys.. For yrs went with the big play maker,cb in the draft.. Then Garrett talked jones in making the O line #1 priority.. Look at the result.. 

jets have just wasted picks on D, incapable qbs, injury prone WRs or (cb).. Have not drafted ONE high rated Olineman since brick and mangold .. 

While I completely agree with your premise, one thing many forget was that Mangini stressed the importance of drafting and signing players who were high character individuals both on and off the field. While talent played a very big role in the success of the '09 and '10 teams, both were comprised of Mangini holdovers, and there was strong leadership in that locker room.

This team sorely lacks people with those traits, and it shows. 

3 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Our best years in recent memory were when Rex coached teams that Mangini assembled. So......

Why not hire Mangini as our GM and President of Football Operations, and bring Sexy Rexy back as our head coach? 

Win-win situation! ?

Its funny that you said this, I brought this up with a bunch of guys as well.  There was one addition to this combination though.  Add Chad Pennington as our offensive coordinator.  You would bring in two brains with Mangini selecting players, the smarts of Pennington, and the bravado of Rex.

12 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Team needs to believe in each other and create an identity.

you're right but not with this current group I think right now this team needs a major house cleaning. I would much rather see young hungry kids competing than the slop we have watched this season.

Just now, FTL Jet Fan said:

Does anybody think Woody would go back to any of his ex-coaches? I like the idea but don't see Woody letting that fly, the media would destroy him. 

Mangini was not a bad football coach and he had a plan that obviously built a good team but you're right I doubt Woody would re-sign Mangini

1 hour ago, NYDreamer said:

Its funny that you said this, I brought this up with a bunch of guys as well.  There was one addition to this combination though.  Add Chad Pennington as our offensive coordinator.  You would bring in two brains with Mangini selecting players, the smarts of Pennington, and the bravado of Rex.

I just recovered from a severe stomach virus. 

Are you seriously trying to make me heave again?

SAR I

Let's do something to make this team more exciting, let's build a kickazz offense with an OC that's young instead of this run twice up the middle for -2 yards & 3rd & 12. 

Look at what's happened to Denver with no offense. This team is by far the best Defense in football but they aren't going anywhere this year with a bad QB, bad Oline, and no running game.

I hope Macc continues with his BPA mantra.

Filling the roster with guys that love football and have talent shouldn't be exclusive to Mangini. It's a philosophy that was ignored for 6 years with Rex. One would think we are prioritizing it again, given the nature of recent picks. Just need more ic them...

6 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Win-win situation! ?

It's worth a shot ; couldn't be any worse .

i'm not quite sure why the whole mangini's (extension of the bellichicken and parcells) team building philosophy is not adopted by more teams and owners.  or maybe it is since every team is very much like the other.  the whole point is to get players who can be there at 80% effort 100% of the time.  the one game divas need not apply because they aren't around game in and game out.

41 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Brick and mangold were here for some really bad seasons.

we need players everywhere.  Stockpiling oline is not the solution.

There are no OL players worthy of a top 10 selection this year

The Giants have arguably a worse OL than us.  Flowers is actually worse than Ijalana yet they're going to the Super Bowl again

If Rex ever again becomes part of our team's management, that's the day I walk into Pittsburg as a new member of Steelers Nation.  Rex is a lying huckster who also happens to be a jerk.  Let him go poison some other franchise or spend his time counting the money from the last three years of his Bills' contract.

21 hours ago, SAR I said:

I just recovered from a severe stomach virus. 

Are you seriously trying to make me heave again?

SAR I

HAAA! Trying to find humor in what has been a miserable season.  Think about it SAR, all of those guys were our Savior's at the time, put them all together like the $6 million dollar man.  Hope your feeling better.

Archived