Brad Kaaya

Pointdexter

Just tore up a really good West Virginia team for 4 td's and made it look easy.

Kaaya is projected in the 2nd or 3rd round. The thought that this kid could be had at the same point in the draft (or lower) than Hack is a crime against humanity. Kaaya is light years better, both as a college player and prospect. 

Ppl keep saying what a poor QB class this is. I'm not buying it. I'd take Watson or Kaaya over anyone in last year's draft. Trubisky I like, but a bit behind some of the others. I'm not a big fan of Kizer, fwiw.

Disclaimer: while Dak is really good, I'm not going to pretend I saw it coming. I was advocating Jacoby Brissett, who very well may be making Jimmy G expendable in NE.

Canes season ticket holder here..I love Kaaya..but he is maddingly inconsistent. 

Prototypica size for an NFL QB..but very inconsistent. I've been skeptical of the play calling at times this year in Miami..they should've let him sling it more. 

I think he can play at the next level but not right away.

i selfishly want him to come back next year..but I also think it would help him in his development with another year in Richt's system.

1 hour ago, Pointdexter said:

Just tore up a really good West Virginia team for 4 td's and made it look easy.

Kaaya is projected in the 2nd or 3rd round. The thought that this kid could be had at the same point in the draft (or lower) than Hack is a crime against humanity. Kaaya is light years better, both as a college player and prospect. 

Ppl keep saying what a poor QB class this is. I'm not buying it. I'd take Watson or Kaaya over anyone in last year's draft. Trubisky I like, but a bit behind some of the others. I'm not a big fan of Kizer, fwiw.

Disclaimer: while Dak is really good, I'm not going to pretend I saw it coming. I was advocating Jacoby Brissett, who very well may be making Jimmy G expendable in NE.

Did you see the first 20 minutes of the game? 5-13 with 29 yards. I watched the first td pass, a nice 10 yard pass that the wr took to the house on a fantastic run. This kid needs another year in school.

16 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

Canes season ticket holder here..I love Kaaya..but he is maddingly inconsistent. 

Prototypica size for an NFL QB..but very inconsistent. I've been skeptical of the play calling at times this year in Miami..they should've let him sling it more. 

i selfishly want him to come back next year..but I also think it would help him in his development with another year in Richt's system.

Inconsistent is the same thing as not very good. Inconsistent equals journeyman. I saw the game last night and Kaaya was horrible in the first half. Much better in second half but I don't want to ride with a guy who blows hot and cold. And it wasn't just the one game. The announcers said that has been his arc his entire career at Miami. Up and down.

28 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Did you see the first 20 minutes of the game? 5-13 with 29 yards. I watched the first td pass, a nice 10 yard pass that the wr took to the house on a fantastic run. This kid needs another year in school.

24-34 for 282 and 4 tds & 0 ints on a big stage. That speaks for itself no matter what kind of slow start. This against a team that was 10-2 coming in.

On the season: 62% completion for 3500 yds, 27 td's vs 7 picks.

Good Lord, I would kill for that kind of inconsistency on the Jets.

Fans of this franchise are a head scratcher. Last year ppl were high fiving for freaking Hackenberg, who has never come close to the success Kaaya has enjoyed and barely was a 50% passer in college. Yet the same fans say no thanks to players who actually might give us a chance at our own franchise QB, as if we can just build an OL around the crap we're running out there now at QB and everything will be fine.

I love my Jet brethren, I just don't get them.

22 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

24-34 for 282 and 4 tds & 0 ints on a big stage. That speaks for itself no matter what kind of slow start. This against a team that was 10-2 coming in.

On the season: 62% completion for 3500 yds, 27 td's vs 7 picks.

Good Lord, I would kill for that kind of inconsistency on the Jets.

Fans of this franchise are a head scratcher. Last year ppl were high fiving for freaking Hackenberg, who has never come close to the success Kaaya has enjoyed and barely was a 50% passer in college. Yet the same fans say no thanks to players who actually might give us a chance at our own franchise QB, as if we can just build an OL around the crap we're running out there now at QB and everything will be fine.

I love my Jet brethren, I just don't get them.

First of all, do not generalize about all fans of the Jets, its not accurate.

I would love to have a great qb on the Jets as would any logical fan. Yes, his numbers were outstanding for the game and the year. From everything I hear about this kid, he needs more time. How many more projects should our team draft?

Fair points.

Regarding the "project" term though, this gets thrown around a lot on this board and is somewhat misused. 

Any QB coming into the league is a project to some extent. Petty and Hack were flawed projects, that is the difference.

The problem with Petty is he's never had to make complicated pre-snap and post-snap reads/progressions. He was the equivalent of a college freshman in the cerebral part of the game. A cerebral part that is far from a sure thing to grasp, no matter the level of intelligence or ability (see EJ Manuel). I honestly think this partof the game is innate. Peyton was amazing, so is Brady. Jameis Winston has it in spades. Deshaun Watson is another who gets it.

Hack had/has obvious mechanical and psychological flaws that doesn't allow him to be consistently accurate, or anything close. He's damaged and that probably ain't changing. Bad risk-reward in rd 2.

Kaaya, though, is light years ahead of both in these critical areas. He plays in a pro style offense and shows ability to grasp the mental part of doing so. Mechanically he is also very good with a pro quality delivery.

Yes he's young. Yes he has on field maturing to do. But unlike the two previous "projects" he has the building blocks to be very successful.  

Of course, just my opinion though. :)

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

This tweet is about Kaaya. The Jets don't need a third QB who needs time. They have two already. 

I don't completely disagree. I'm honestly 100% on the Deshaun Watson bus.

My only point with Kaaya is that he is projected in the 2nd or 3rd round and that he is a million times the prospect that Hack is at the same value. If we're going to go 2nd for a QB I would have rather taken this dude 10 ways to Sunday.

1 hour ago, Pointdexter said:

I don't completely disagree. I'm honestly 100% on the Deshaun Watson bus.

My only point with Kaaya is that he is projected in the 2nd or 3rd round and that he is a million times the prospect that Hack is at the same value. If we're going to go 2nd for a QB I would have rather taken this dude 10 ways to Sunday.

Watson? Meh. Kizer will end up being the best QB from this class. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

This tweet is about Kaaya. The Jets don't need a third QB who needs time. They have two already. 

True, but the problem is, would you hand the keys to any of these QB's coming out this year in their first year?  Or would it be better to get another (groin) stop-gap guy until we see what we have in Hackenberg?

6 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

True, but the problem is, would you hand the keys to any of these QB's coming out this year in their first year?  Or would it be better to get another (groin) stop-gap guy until we see what we have in Hackenberg?

I think the best play is to bring in a bet on the cheap to battle it out with Petty and Hack in the preseason. Ideally Petty starts until Hack is ready. The vet is injury insurance. Give Hack the last half of the season. Worst case scenario is they're drafting one in 2018. Best case Petty or Hack take huge leaps forward and one is a star. Worst case is probably the most likely. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I think the best play is to bring in a vet on the cheap to battle it out with Petty and Hack in the preseason. Ideally Petty starts until Hack is ready. The vet is injury insurance. Give Hack the last half of the season. Worst case scenario is they're drafting one in 2018. Best case Petty or Hack take huge leaps forward and one is a star. Worst case is probably the most likely. 

I like a guy like Romo who CAN win, but you know he will get hurt so the young guys will at least get some game time in.

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

I like a guy like Romo who CAN win, but you know he will get hurt so the young guys will at least get some game time in.

Maybe but a guy like Romo coming is is guaranteed to start and get all of the practice reps. That stunts the growth a bit. Especially if he stays healthy, though not likely yes. 

I know a lottttttt can change... But the 2018 class is considered way, way, better than these guys... Not just at the top either, but as a whole... 

If we're going to take another project QB, I'd rather wait for next years crop... Not just because they might be better than this years, but because we'll have a better idea (hopefully) of what Hack can do...

Give it a year. 

3 hours ago, InstantClassic said:

I didn't know being a notch thicker than a twig was prototypical size.

He might be the skinniest the guy on the roster except for Robby.

12 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Maybe but a guy like Romo coming is is guaranteed to start and get all of the practice reps. That stunts the growth a bit. Especially if he stays healthy, though not likely yes. 

HA....that's a good one Carl....Romo stays healthy!  :)

In all seriousness.  I would actually like to see the Jets draft another QB, and they ride with Petty/Hackenberg/New Guy, and keep playing them, until one of them plays their way into the starting role.

Archived