Bowles comments today about assistants

Sarge4Tide

Just now, Jetdawgg said:

The D coaches need to disappear just like the D did during the season. I think Chan should stay. If he goes the young QB's may have some more issues.

There were several times this year when the defense looked completely and utterly lost - as bad as I've ever seen an NFL defense look from a coordination / preparation standpoint 

3 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

The D coaches need to disappear just like the D did during the season. I think Chan should stay. If he goes the young QB's may have some more issues.

I agree we need to bring in an experienced DC someone that Bowles will trust enough to handle the defense. 

1 minute ago, Sarge4Tide said:

There were several times this year when the defense looked completely and utterly lost - as bad as I've ever seen an NFL defense look from a coordination / preparation standpoint 

The D coaches also could not innovate enough with the personnel. 

23 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

I agree. Everyone that had anything to with the defense needs to be shown the door. If Chan is staying I have no problem with that. Not his fault the qb situation was pathetic and Powell wasn't taken seriously until Forte's injury. 

Roster management needs to be addressed. Changing the coordinator isn't going to fix that.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I agree. Everyone that had anything to with the defense needs to be shown the door. If Chan is staying I have no problem with that. No his fault the qb situation was pathetic and Powell wasn't taken seriously until Forte's injury. 

Roster management needs to be addressed. Changing the coordinator isn't going to fix that.

I have stated several times that Macc needs help in the FO. His decisions are unfathomable at times. No speed rusher and no QB in two drafts. FA's who sign major money deals and under perform. Money provided to drafted FA's who under preform. Drafted FA's who walk to other teams and perform well.

FO needs help in a big way. 

29 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

It was reported on NFL Network that Gailey will serve as consultant or some other capacity within the organization, but I think the Jets need to find a new OC. I say look no farther than fired Chargers coach Mike McCoy, who served as OC in Green Bay before getting SD job. 6,000 yards of offense per season is pretty darn good, but it helps that he had Rivers at QB.

6 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

I have stated several times that Macc needs help in the FO. His decisions are unfathomable at times. No speed rusher and no QB in two drafts. FA's who sign major money deals and under perform. Money provided to drafted FA's who under preform. Drafted FA's who walk to other teams and perform well.

Look at Jalen Marshall. Undrafted FA from Ohio State gets more playing time than second round WR Devon Smith - also from Ohio State.

11 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

I agree. Someone created a thread about Vic Beasley making the Williams pick look ridiculous...and it does. We all like Williams, but we drafted him when we had Sheldon & Wilk and then we don't trade one of the two but instead sign Wilk to a huge contract while allowing the best NT in the league walk to the Giants. All that while overlooking the pass rusher we needed sitting right there for us to take.

Alot of this also falls on Bowles. Bowles mismanaged the RB position. The best back by far on this roster had to not only sit behind Forte but watch as Macc signed guys like CJ Spiller and Bowles is actually taking reps from Powell in favor of Spiller. Craziness I tell you

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I agree. Someone created a thread about Vic Beasley making the Williams pick look ridiculous...and it does. We all like Williams, but you draft him when you have Sheldon & Wilk and then you don't trade one of the two but instead sign Wilk to a huge contract while allowing the best NT in the league walk to the Giants. All that while overlooking the pass rusher we needed sitting right there for us to take.

Alot of this also falls on Bowles. Bowles mismanaged the RB position. The best back by far on this roster had to not only sit behind Forte but watch as Macc signed guys like CJ Spiller and Bowles is actually taking reps from Powell in favor of Spiller. Craziness I tell you

It gets worse bro. There are some here that think Macc should pick a head coach too. Lol. Go figure.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I agree. Someone created a thread about Vic Beasley making the Williams pick look ridiculous...and it does. We all like Williams, but we drafted him when we had Sheldon & Wilk and then we don't trade one of the two but instead sign Wilk to a huge contract while allowing the best NT in the league walk to the Giants. All that while overlooking the pass rusher we needed sitting right there for us to take.

The problem with Snacks is that in a pass happy league, pass rushing is more important. Wilkerson had 11 sacks last year. Everyone wanted to resign him. People loved when they resigned him. So to call it a mistake now means you (who supported it) were wrong too.

I still dont get the point of going after the Williams pick. Why? Williams had 7 sacks on his own this year. Ridiculous.

I seriously don't understand the full concept of the Maccagnan hate on this forum. I really don't. His only two mistakes that you could question from the start is picking Hackenberg in the second round and signing Jarvis Jenkins.

To criticise in hindsight is not fair. 

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The problem with Snacks is that in a pass happy league, pass rushing is more important. Wilkerson had 11 sacks last year. Everyone wanted to resign him. People loved when they resigned him. So to call it a mistake now means you (who supported it) were wrong too.

I still dont get the point of going after the Williams pick. Why? Williams had 7 sacks on his own this year. Ridiculous.

I seriously don't understand the full concept of the Maccagnan hate on this forum. I really don't. His only two mistakes that you could question from the start is picking Hackenberg in the second round and signing Jarvis Jenkins.

You're jumping to conclusions. 

#1. I was the guy who said that we should trade Wilkerson to Tampa Bay for Glennon 2 years ago.

#2. I was the guy that said that I wouldn't under any circumstances give Mo Wilkerson "JJ Watt money", and if the jets resigned him it should be for no more than 10 million. 

#3. My position on signing Wilkerson to 10 million was only due to the fact that it was at the time pretty evident that the jets were going to keep Wilkerson and not trade him/let him walk.

So I wasn't wrong, go check my resume if you like...but if you do make sure to start in 2014 back when it wasn't cool to say what people are saying today.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

You're jumping to conclusions. 

#1. I was the guy who said that we should trade Wilkerson to Tampa Bay for Glennon 2 years ago.

#2. I was the guy that said that I wouldn't under any circumstances give Mo Wilkerson "JJ Watt money", and if the jets resigned him it should be for no more than 10 million. 

#3. My position on signing Wilkerson to 10 million was only due to the fact that it was at the time pretty evident that the jets were going to keep Wilkerson and not trade him/let him walk.

So I wasn't wrong, go check my resume if you like...but if you do make sure to start in 2014 back when it wasn't cool to say what people are saying today.

You might not have, but there was a majority that did. 

15 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That is absolute crap that everyone wanted to sign Mo and everyone was happy when he signed.  Go back and read the topics from then.  

38 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

while you may not like hack or petty ...aren't they qbs? and he has drafted linebackers. getting youngertales time. I just don't understand the no qb pass rusher comments

26 minutes ago, rammagen said:

while you may not like hack or petty ...aren't they qbs? and he has drafted linebackers. getting youngertales time. I just don't understand the no qb pass rusher comments

IN two drafts the Jets have yet to find a speed rusher. They also have not found a QB. Macc needs help. I root for Petty/Hack to do well as they are Jets QB's. 

40 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

IN two drafts the Jets have yet to find a speed rusher. They also have not found a QB. Macc needs help. I root for Petty/Hack to do well as they are Jets QB's. 

It's a strange yr, because all 3 of those positions could be available for him to choose from in this coming draft .

I`m getting ready to take a long look at Chad Wheeler the USC LT in  the rose Bowl  . Off the field and medical needs to be cleared > 

2 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Look at Jalen Marshall. Undrafted FA from Ohio State gets more playing time than second round WR Devon Smith - also from Ohio State.

Doug Baldwin was an UDFA. Antonio Brown was a 5th Rounder. Don't be angry WHERE or WHEN the Talent comes, its a crap shoot.

The bigger problem is that there is no clear template for what they're doing, and the underlying issue is lack of viable QBs is going to keep destroying efforts before they can take root.

If Kacy Rodgers isn't out of here, we can assume he was a Dennis Thurmond-like puppet and really didn't have anything to do with the hideous adjustments and poor week to week preparation.  Unfortunately, this would also tell us who the real problem was...

Archived