Mike Maccagnan declines to apologize to fans for Jets miserable season

joewilly12

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, the letter to the fans is from the Browns owners not the GM. It is a marketing/sales/pr schtick. That type of thing should come from the owners/biz guys. Of course, you have to wonder if this letter is needed; and the fans should be doing the fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...

Secondly, had Woody done that this board would all be; 'this is ridiculous', 'woody is a joke', 'this reeks of desperation'. Nothing anyone in the Jets organization will do (or not do) will be well received by the hindsight club here as positive except for winning the SB. In fact, I would bet that after the euphoria of winning wears off, this same club will be posting the 'its about time' and 'we shouldn't have waited so long' messages.

Thankfully, we are not rooting for the Browns. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree to disagree Max after the season we just had Macc seemed to think its ok and according to him its part of his process, what process is that. The fans read what the media writes the fans expect more as fan myself I expect responsibility and accountability something this organization knows nothing about. Many fans including yourself paid a lot of money to be part of this organization. Havent the fans suffered enough. Macc could have said something to ease the pain instead he left us all wondering if the pain will continue and we should learn how to deal with it. 

Nothing Macc said would ease the pain.

He taking 5 minutes less to talk to the media and getting back to watch film is the only thing that will make the pain go away.

6 hours ago, jetfan39 said:

there are 31 other teams just waiting for you to show up and root for them :D

Is this Todd Bowltites wife? Well whoever you are you are on ignore now and I hope you really enjoyed last season and being a loser who accepts losing.

5 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Is this Todd Bowltites wife? Well whoever you are you are on ignore now and I hope you really enjoyed last season and being a loser who accepts losing.

this is only a game.  I don't defend bowles or macc. but I don't get my panties in a wad because of a losing season.  If I did I would be looking for another team to root for, and I would never have last with this team from the beginning in 1960 when they were the titans.  Name calling, if it makes you feel better, have at it. 

5 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Quite frankly Craig Carton acts like an ass. He does not speak for me as a Jets fan.

Although I find him entertaining and listen mornings, today he spoke out of his ass. I chalking up to being  a frustrated, long time fan ( I feel his pain )

But to corner Mac and ask him to apologize was unprofessional.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Nothing Macc said would ease the pain.

He taking 5 minutes less to talk to the media and getting back to watch film is the only thing that will make the pain go away.

Agreed. However the organizational chart is a mess. We have no idea who makes the final decisions other than bringing it to Johnson. Frankly at a loss how the GM is not in charge and once the playoffs were shot had to defer to Bowles on the QB to play. That has to be an organizational decision, not solely the HC's,and perhaps not his decision at all. Once there was no shot at the playoffs, even having Fitz on the team was a waste of time. This was totally effed up and unacceptable. We have 2 young QBs who could have either or both had way more gameday snaps, and allowed a more intelligent decision to be made going forward based on that data. And we cannot get that data back because Bowles was allowed to make that decision by himself. The Jets, from around October 1st on, were not going to the playoffs. That nobody in the decision-making flow chart allowed that is a disgrace.   An apology now  does nothing, WGAF. 

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Carton pressed him for an apology a friend of mine listened to the show live Macc refused to take responsibility for the failure season. 

Macc seems like he's full of himself so far I'm not impressed. 

The bottom line for Maccagnan: If quarterback Christian Hackenberg fails, after Maccagnan drafted him in Round 2 last year, then Maccagnan is probably finished with the Jets, sooner rather than later. 

hearsay, mumbo jumbo

On 1/6/2017 at 5:01 PM, varjet said:

If Hack ended up like Geno-not the answer but can keep the fans entertained with a 8-8 season with an otherwise bad team-and Macc otherwise finds good players, I think he is fine.

If Hack is completely incompetent, which is how he has at times looked, he could get fired.  I like him, but if that is the case, he may deserve it.

If the former, it was worth the try for a second round pick.  Plenty of first round QBs stink.  

How Lynch ends up will also be instructive (considering the Broncos fired a QB guru).

If they fire Macc over Hack alone that would be incredibly short sighted at a time where we're focusing on long term growth.  Realistically I believe that if/when we sign a veteran to be a starter next year Petty and Hackenberg will be de-emphasized and their failure won't put a dent on Macc. 

4 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

If they fire Macc over Hack alone that would be incredibly short sighted at a time where we're trying focussed on long term growth.  Realistically I believe that if/when we sign a veteran to be a starter next year Petty and Hackenberg will be de-emphasized and their failure won't put a ding in Hackenberg. 

Be nice if we could see him play before Macc gets sh*tcanned over drafting him.

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Craig Carton is an absolute blight. WFAN will be dead within two years.

This times 1000.  Carton is an absolute joke.  Maybe he's there to make Boomer seem competent?  It will be interesting to see what happens to WFAN post-Francesa (who is a total blowhard btw though somehow he does feel like the right fit for that job).

20 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Carton pressed him for an apology a friend of mine listened to the show live Macc refused to take responsibility for the failure season. 

Macc seems like he's full of himself so far I'm not impressed. 

The bottom line for Maccagnan: If quarterback Christian Hackenberg fails, after Maccagnan drafted him in Round 2 last year, then Maccagnan is probably finished with the Jets, sooner rather than later. 

This happens to GMs when they pick a bust of a QB in the top of the 1st round.  Hack was a 2nd rounder so it's a completely different thing.

56 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This times 1000.  Carton is an absolute joke.  Maybe he's there to make Boomer seem competent?  It will be interesting to see what happens to WFAN post-Francesa (who is a total blowhard btw though somehow he does feel like the right fit for that job).

Carton makes my skin crawl.  And IMO Boomer's credibility is tarnished by working with that loudmouth.

Archived