Bama vs clemsen... Who should i watch for?

HighPitch

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Drafting williams over a qb would be like a guy who owns an anchor factory going over to his competetor up the block,  buying his best anchor from him,  then dragging it home to his dock where no boat exists

Like drafting a D Lineman every year for a team with no offense?

Mind blowing..... U guys wanting a wr in the first. 
Why not a dl? 

Who needs a qb or cb?  Not us

How many damn first rounders do you want to waste on a cornerback?

Screw going for a Julio for once. I'll have another Kyle Wilson or Dee Milliner, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE drafting almost any position, Take a really good impact, play making player.  Leonard Williams was our best D player last year after only a couple years.  No one will care three years from now that the jets did not 'need' a Wr if Mike Williams has become a top 4 or 5 Wr in the league.

There at this point does not appear to be a top 6 OT on the board so go with a guy that will make friggin plays on either side of the ball.

3 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

I felt the same way watching vince young back in the day.  carry and will his team to wins over superior powerhouse teams.  Watson def played with his hair on fire but the NFL is a totally different animal imo.  

Very true.  NFL is a different game.  The question is can he adapt his game to the pro game.  He has all the physical tools and is smart too.  I'd take a chance

4 hours ago, Stark said:

Ill just say what we all know and agree on.....

WE NEED A QB..... START DRAFTING QB's UNTIL WE FIND ONE. ...... Watson just put on film 2 of the best games against as close to an NFL Defense as you can get in the biggest game College Football has, if you can get him do it.

If you can't get Watson make damn sure you find another QB to bring in here, Mahomes II or whoever.

If you told me the jets drafted a LT who was a Brick/Walter Jones clone you could plug in for 3+ yards a pop and lock down the blindside for a decade, I'm fine with that. But if you take ANOTHER defender who is no  lock over a dynamic QB, things will get broken. 

2 hours ago, The Troll said:

Screw going for a Julio for once. I'll have another Kyle Wilson or Dee Milliner, please.

yes - a deja vu of either of these worthless sh_trings would be delightful 

10 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I missed the game. Can Robinson play the left side at the next level?

I have to agree with"maybe". lol.  The first time I watched him, he looked really clumsy in space, and I thought he was just ok.  This time I was more comfortable with him.  He is a more than fine in 1 on 1 pass rushing situations, and is pretty great in straight line blocking. His seal block to spring scarborough for his 2nd TD was beautiful.  He can't get to a LB tho, just not fast enough.

There were 1 or 2 plays where he seemed not sure of who to block.  

Overall I think he would be a really solid pick around 10-15, if the jets trade down I would hope he would be there.

20 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Cool. You want to waste his first two years with bad quarterback play, go ahead. Draft him at 6. It's the Jets way. Draft luxury positions in the top ten when they already have 5 young receivers they've invested in. WR should be treated the same as RB not in the first round for a rebuilding team devoid of talent. It makes zero sense. 

Marshall & Decker won't be here for the ressurection folks. Whether it's Hack or they sign Glennon, you keep picking stars in the making. Leo is the BEST PLAYER on the Jets, thank god we took him, based on who else was available. 

We're in a rebuild. If Mike Williams is the BPA @ 6 you take him! You cut Marshall & you use his 7.5 million to sure up your Oline. Then if it the 2nd round the BPA is a RB, you take him too, Forte won't be here for the ressurection either. Jets need to put together the TRIFECTA that makes offenses tough to defend. Very good RB, Very good WRs, and hopefully a functioning QB.

If you have Mike Williams, Eric Decker, Quincy Enunwa, Robbie Anderson, and backups Peake, Smith & Jalin Marshall, you add an awesome young RB in the 2nd round, whoever plays TE is going to be open.

Cut the dead weight & sign Bouye @ CB, and a stopgap LT until the 2018 draft. You win some games 31-28 while your offense is growing up together. You finish your defensive pcs in Rounds 3/4 & 2018.

* I don't think Jet fans realize that just by cutting the veterans who we didn't get anything from anyway might be close to 65 million in cap space if we cut Brandon Marshall too. Plus, zero dead cap in 2018. BIG 2 years coming up for the Jets, and if they have the balls, Jet fans have to stomach the cuts too. I think most knowledgable Jet fans are on board for a huge overhaul.

12 hours ago, Larz said:

I have to agree with"maybe". lol.  The first time I watched him, he looked really clumsy in space, and I thought he was just ok.  This time I was more comfortable with him.  He is a more than fine in 1 on 1 pass rushing situations, and is pretty great in straight line blocking. His seal block to spring scarborough for his 2nd TD was beautiful.  He can't get to a LB tho, just not fast enough.

There were 1 or 2 plays where he seemed not sure of who to block.  

Overall I think he would be a really solid pick around 10-15, if the jets trade down I would hope he would be there.

Is he productive as a pass blocker - at that lower level - because he's talented or because he's technically sound? It sounds like the latter. The Giants made that mistake with Flowers. Speaking in relative terms, it was easy for him to pass block in college compared to the pros. He may never be suited to play LT (play it well, anyway) in the NFL but apparently more than held his own in Miami (as indicated by his high draft slot).

LT is one of those positions, for me, that's like a necessary evil in the draft. Not because I don't think the position is valuable; I just think it's overvalued. But it's overvalued to the point where the average starting LT salary is so ridiculous when teams get by with less heralded names plenty often. A bad one is disastrous, but even bad ones can make a ton. A just-ok one, who needs help against certain matchups, can be half (or less than half) of what another just-ok LT makes.

One could argue if the doesn't pan out at LT he should make a strong, starting RT for years. But #6 is just preposterously high for a RT. The #6 slot in round 2 might even be high, considering there isn't a (planned) RT making even $7m/yr. So without really watching him myself, I'd say as a RT I still wouldn't touch him (or any RT) at 10-15. It's easily worse value than drafting a guard, by the numbers anyway. A mid-level spend on RT is right around Breno's $4.5m avg, yet "elite" RT money - what Austin Howard got - is still a mere $1.5-2m more 4 yrs later; money which is easily lost in the mix on a ~$170m cap.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Marshall & Decker won't be here for the ressurection folks. Whether it's Hack or they sign Glennon, you keep picking stars in the making. Leo is the BEST PLAYER on the Jets, thank god we took him, based on who else was available. 

We're in a rebuild. If Mike Williams is the BPA @ 6 you take him! You cut Marshall & you use his 7.5 million to sure up your Oline. Then if it the 2nd round the BPA is a RB, you take him too, Forte won't be here for the ressurection either. Jets need to put together the TRIFECTA that makes offenses tough to defend. Very good RB, Very good WRs, and hopefully a functioning QB.

If you have Mike Williams, Eric Decker, Quincy Enunwa, Robbie Anderson, and backups Peake, Smith & Jalin Marshall, you add an awesome young RB in the 2nd round, whoever plays TE is going to be open.

Cut the dead weight & sign Bouye @ CB, and a stopgap LT until the 2018 draft. You win some games 31-28 while your offense is growing up together. You finish your defensive pcs in Rounds 3/4 & 2018.

* I don't think Jet fans realize that just by cutting the veterans who we didn't get anything from anyway might be close to 65 million in cap space if we cut Brandon Marshall too. Plus, zero dead cap in 2018. BIG 2 years coming up for the Jets, and if they have the balls, Jet fans have to stomach the cuts too. I think most knowledgable Jet fans are on board for a huge overhaul.

Lots here that's either wrong or highly debatable. I just have a hard time investing a first round pick in a position like WR or RB when the most important positions on this team have little to no talent. We're just going to have to disagree on how you build a successful team because our versions aren't even close. 

10 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Lots here that's either wrong or highly debatable. I just have a hard time investing a first round pick in a position like WR or RB when the most important positions on this team have little to no talent. We're just going to have to disagree on how you build a successful team because our versions aren't even close. 

It really depends. If Mike Williams is the best player on the board when the Jets pick it's hard to pass up on him. I'd have to make that pick and cut Marshall, if he isnt cut already by that point.

4 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It really depends. If Mike Williams is the best player on the board when the Jets pick it's hard to pass up on him. I'd have to make that pick and cut Marshall, if he isnt cut already by that point.

Thank you for backing me a up a bit. Carl wants us to draft another safety or reach for a LT. Because picking Milliner, Pryor has really helped the Jets. Of course if Watson drops & Macc doesn't have faith in his 2nd round pick Hackenberg, then be my guest, WE NEED TO HAVE A QB, or if Macc thinks Cooks or Fournette are BPA, go for it.

What would Winston be without Mike Evans snagging his passes? Jameis just throws the ball up to him. Would Dak be doing as well with out Zeke? We need to create an offense that SCORES POINTS. The offenses that the Pats stymie SUCK! Jets, Texans, Broncos. When they played a great QB (Wilson) & a good defense they lost.

There just aren't many complete teams that have a great QB & at least an above average defense (The Pats). Chiefs have Alex Smith (average), good defense, Steelers have Big Ben, slightly below average defense with a bad secondary. Let's start accumulating some star players like Leo.

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Damn I have to remove this 'I  :Loveheart: Revis' tattoo!

Sucks for Rex that Sánchez wasn't the next Aaron Rogers. OMG, Ozzie Newsome knew exactly why he hired Harbaugh & not Rex Ryan. I'm positive Ozzie didn't look upon Rex as a great decision maker,lol.

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Is he productive as a pass blocker - at that lower level - because he's talented or because he's technically sound? It sounds like the latter. The Giants made that mistake with Flowers. Speaking in relative terms, it was easy for him to pass block in college compared to the pros. He may never be suited to play LT (play it well, anyway) in the NFL but apparently more than held his own in Miami (as indicated by his high draft slot).

LT is one of those positions, for me, that's like a necessary evil in the draft. Not because I don't think the position is valuable; I just think it's overvalued. But it's overvalued to the point where the average starting LT salary is so ridiculous when teams get by with less heralded names plenty often. A bad one is disastrous, but even bad ones can make a ton. A just-ok one, who needs help against certain matchups, can be half (or less than half) of what another just-ok LT makes.

One could argue if the doesn't pan out at LT he should make a strong, starting RT for years. But #6 is just preposterously high for a RT. The #6 slot in round 2 might even be high, considering there isn't a (planned) RT making even $7m/yr. So without really watching him myself, I'd say as a RT I still wouldn't touch him (or any RT) at 10-15. It's easily worse value than drafting a guard, by the numbers anyway. A mid-level spend on RT is right around Breno's $4.5m avg, yet "elite" RT money - what Austin Howard got - is still a mere $1.5-2m more 4 yrs later; money which is easily lost in the mix on a ~$170m cap.

Again if you can plug in Brick, Larry Allen or Walter Jones for a decade of 3+ yards a pop and zero headaches on your blind side, a primo LT is worth it. More than a safety fr sure. Have no idea if  there is going to be such an animal at 6. 

5 hours ago, Bugg said:

Again if you can plug in Brick, Larry Allen or Walter Jones for a decade of 3+ yards a pop and zero headaches on your blind side, a primo LT is worth it. More than a safety fr sure. Have no idea if  there is going to be such an animal at 6. 

My concern was more that he might not be suited to be a LT at the pro level. 

There's little to dispute that an outstanding LT is better than a bust QB (or a friggin safety). We don't know these are the outcomes yet.

Archived