Jags set to hire Marrone as HC

AFJF

Hated the idea of him to the Jets a couple years ago as a guy who quit his two previous jobs, but as I said in a thread earlier this week, perhaps some humble pie and some time as an O-line coach allowed him to grow and reflect.

Not a bad hire at this point in time IMO.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Hated the idea of him to the Jets a couple years ago as a guy who quit his two previous jobs, but as I said in a thread earlier this week, perhaps some humble pie and some time as an O-line coach allowed him to grow and reflect.

Oh look, a coordinator with past HC experience got the job after the coach he was serving under got fired.

Why can't that happen here?

This hiring is why a guy like Mike McCoy would come to the Jets

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Oh look, a coordinator with past HC experience got the job after the coach he was serving under got fired.

Why can't that happen here?

This hiring is why a guy like Mike McCoy would come to the Jets

Don't know if there is any merit to it but heard on PFT that McCoy will go to Denver if Vance Joseph is hired. But hey it's PFT and they had Mike Smith in Jax so who knows.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well if Marrone leads the Jags to the Super Bowl, we can go laugh at Manish for being a complete douche

they certainly have some talent to work with, w/ the right coach that can be a quick turnaround.  well see if Marrone learned anything.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well if Marrone leads the Jags to the Super Bowl, we can go laugh at Manish for being a complete douche

I'm convinced Manish was anti-Marrone because like Cimini, Marrone is a Syracuse grad.  Had to be worried he'd get scooped by Cimini on a regular basis if Marrone was hired. No other logical explanation for the way Manish acted during that time.

Just now, AFJF said:

I'm convinced Manish was anti-Marrone because like Cimini, Marrone is a Syracuse grad.  Had to be worried he'd get scooped by Cimini on a regular basis if Marrone was hired. No other logical explanation for the way Manish acted during that time.

Kay also said that the New York Post guys were friendly with Marrone and the Daily News didn't want to be outscooped. Politics

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Because he is a Fu*king weasel!!

8 minutes ago, AFJF said:

This.

25 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Really?  I think it's absolutely moronic.  He's a hold over from the old regime.   That regime was terrible.  The entire team recently spoke out about how much they hated the staff. The offense was atrocious, especially the OL and you're going to promote the guy responsible for the OL?  Does that mean they retain Hackett as their OC as well?

The Jags needed a fresh start, outside of the organization.  I thought Mike Smith would have been a great choice for them, especially considering he wanted to coach the Jags (not too many people can say that).  

Marone?  I'd be furious if I were a Jags player or a fan.

18 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Tom Coughlin was a good HC, he's 70 years old now and missed the playoffs his last 6 of 7 seasons including his last 4 in a row.

more than one ring-built more than one team -has a tremendous backround

giants missing playoffs was more on the gm than him-the spent a boat load of cash to rebuild defense after he left-if he was there they would have done better this year

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

more than one ring-built more than one team -has a tremendous backround

giants missing playoffs was more on the gm than him-the spent a boat load of cash to rebuild defense after he left-if he was there they would have done better this year

did win 2 SBs but w/ SB caliber talent went 9-7 and 10-6 in weak division. got hot at the right time though.

if he built more than one team you give him credit for building so why doesn't he get blame for both teams falling off a cliff under his watch?

again, he was a good HC but he's 70 and has struggled in recent years.  Not a good recipe for a new hire but maybe someone gives him another chance?

2 hours ago, King P said:

I wonder where that leaves Bortles. 

Marone likes Bortles but Coughlin does not

Marrone partially got the job because of his affinity for Bortles. 

Can definitely see the Jaguars using Coughlin to help find them a QB they like in the middle rounds just in case Bortles sh*ts the bed. Coughlin was always good with QB's. 

Archived