Kaepernick to the Jets Speculation

JoJoTownsell1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

But his ceiling is where it is at right here and now.  He has not improved at all the last few years.  since he is not good enough for what we want then you are spinning your wheels with him.  To get a franchise guy you have to keep trying until you find one.  Geno may end up being physically 'better' than another vet that we pick up but he's past due here and should be gone.

You cannot say what his ceiling is. He was throwing to Clyde Gates. Petty is not a franchise guy. And Futz should have never be re signed after his hold out. Petty should be gone before Geno. He has experience and is a 2nd round pick. 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Hating a player who is better than what you have at the most important position int pro football is no reason to keep the bad player.. If you want to win consistently, you get rid of the worse players, A great deal of fans here like Futz. How smart was that to re sign him?

Pro football is a business. A business that teams play to win. Fans liking players do not necessarily add up to wins. 

Funny how those fans some anyway have gone into hiding and some simply ignore the fact that they supported the suck job QB who was by far the worst in the NFL. 

Others have opinions of how to possibly fix the QB situation and they get lambasted by those who supported Fitzpatrick this is sheer epic failure on their part. 

The day cant come soon enough for me when we finally have a franchise QB and we are celebrating a Super Bowl victory. 

I cant believe some players are still pimping Smith he was bad at his job. period he could not find our receivers no matter who they were. how many turn overs do it take?  We don't know what Hack is or even Petty, but I do know after watching smith play and in the locker to tell you he is bad and needs a fresh start one he will never get here.

2 minutes ago, rammagen said:

I cant believe some players are still pimping Smith he was bad at his job. period he could not find our receivers no matter who they were. how many turn overs do it take?  We don't know what Hack is or even Petty, but I do know after watching smith play and in the locker to tell you he is bad and needs a fresh start one he will never get here.

Petty was over matched throwing to better WR's than Geno. His interception ratio was not all that impressive either. He is worse than Geno.. 

13 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Petty was over matched throwing to better WR's than Geno. His interception ratio was not all that impressive either. He is worse than Geno.. 

and you know this.... Geno never grew into anything if anything he reverted and got worse while Petty in two yrs has grown. besides the point this is not even about Geno but people keep bringing him up. His is a worse teammate and version of kapernick remember the broken jaw? Never mind the fact that geno with the same receivers held the ball for too lng and took himself out with the same mental errors he has made every yr. So please stop defending him against a player that made three starts versus a player that mad 20+ starts

If they get kap I an blah about it.  They do need to do something and get a dynamic offensive weapon to help a qb and improve the oline

everyone hating on Petty did not watch him play in college ... sure he never called a play or took a snap under center .... but the kid set throwing records ... he is our best backup right now ... Geno will be gone ... Kaep will be out of the NFL ... Hack will sink or swim ... Petty will ride the pine behind a vet as 3rd string or battle for backup against a rook.

The voice of reason has spoken.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

Hating a player who is better than what you have at the most important position int pro football is no reason to keep the bad player.. If you want to win consistently, you get rid of the worse players, A great deal of fans here like Futz. How smart was that to re sign him?

Pro football is a business. A business that teams play to win. Fans liking players do not necessarily add up to wins. 

Both Smith and Fitzpatrick suck.  I didn't want to resign Fitzpatrick because I felt last year was a mirage and that the gap between him and Smith wasn't that big.  I felt that at their cores, they are both bad-mediocre QBs and that I'd rather suck without blowing 12mil on a flaming bag of garbage.  Sure that garbage smells a little better, but it's more expensive and, at the end of the day, still garbage.

Geno should be better than what we have.  He's spent 4 full years in the pro game.  The other 2 are just starting to get their feet wet. The big problem is, he really isn't that much better.  In fact, the gap between Petty and him is so narrow, that Geno should have honestly been cut after his horrendous preseason.  That's how awful he is.  That's not "hating a player".  That's realizing that trying to solve our problem with proven bums like Geno Smith is going to get us nowhere.  I'd rather sign a young vet like Glennon or Tyrod Taylor, play Petty and Hack, and pray to God that one of them (preferably Hack since he was a 2nd round pick) pans out.  IF they're really as bad as Geno?  Then we're basically guaranteed a top 5 pick in a loaded QB class next year. 

8 hours ago, rammagen said:

and you know this.... Geno never grew into anything if anything he reverted and got worse while Petty in two yrs has grown. besides the point this is not even about Geno but people keep bringing him up. His is a worse teammate and version of kapernick remember the broken jaw? Never mind the fact that geno with the same receivers held the ball for too lng and took himself out with the same mental errors he has made every yr. So please stop defending him against a player that made three starts versus a player that mad 20+ starts

If they get kap I an blah about it.  They do need to do something and get a dynamic offensive weapon to help a qb and improve the oline

An overlooked difference between Smith and Petty is that they are nearly the same age. Also it is not so much as this guy over that guy. The Jets QB situation is abysmal.

12 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

You cannot say what his ceiling is. He was throwing to Clyde Gates. Petty is not a franchise guy. And Futz should have never be re signed after his hold out. Petty should be gone before Geno. He has experience and is a 2nd round pick. 

Yes I can say what his ceiling is because he was bad year one, he was bad year two and his limited action in years 3 and 4 and he was the EXACT same QB.

Good arm, has a few good drives per game and then makes just AWFUL in game decisions that cost the team.

Your main defense seems to be 'the other guys suck there for Geno is good'  Nope!

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes I can say what his ceiling is because he was bad year one, he was bad year two and his limited action in years 3 and 4 and he was the EXACT same QB.

Good arm, has a few good drives per game and then makes just AWFUL in game decisions that cost the team.

Your main defense seems to be 'the other guys suck there for Geno is good'  Nope!

The other guys are worse. The Jets QB situation is abysmal

here is the thing you can not realisticaly say Hack or pEtty are worse then Geno not because petty and geno are the same age or because Hack never saw time. what you can say is what we have seen from geno is not worth sticking around being the best of a bad qb group does not make you good in any case.

I still have hope for Petty and hack because they have not seen the field and because Petty has shown growth in the 2 yrs he has been here and has not regressed.

Again this is not about geno so please stop bringing hm into this topic. this is about bringing Kap in and again I am blah about it not because of political view but because he has regressed whether it was because of game planning, injuries or what ever.

3 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

And keep the guys who are worse than him. Good deal bro

again you have no idea other then your suspicions. because if you can't be basing in hack's case on game play in the season and in Petty's case based on the number of games played in the season.

Geno is abad qb sory to break it to you but he is. Being  bad qb does not warrant bringing him back we are trying to get better geno does nothing to help us do that. He is not a great locker room presence or a leader how does that help the team?

Does his 40+ turn overs help the team also?

10 minutes ago, rammagen said:

again you have no idea other then your suspicions. because if you can't be basing in hack's case on game play in the season and in Petty's case based on the number of games played in the season.

Geno is abad qb sory to break it to you but he is. Being  bad qb does not warrant bringing him back we are trying to get better geno does nothing to help us do that. He is not a great locker room presence or a leader how does that help the team?

Does his 40+ turn overs help the team also?

No one is stating that Geno is not bad. He has never thrown to WR's with NFL skills except in a few games. Stephen Hill is not even close to Robby Anderson. He is just better than the guys they have now. Petty is just a few months younger than Geno.

so what then is the fascination about having him throw to other receivers a bad qb is a bad qb. The why bring back a bad qb we have been there and done that. Unless you think his receivers are going to make him better? Usually it is the other way around....a receiver may bale out the bad throw but he can't correct bad choices and decisions on where to throw the ball constantly. A qb that makes bad choices with the ball will make them again and again no matter who his receivers are. esp for a qb that regressed over the course of his career and that is not based on the receivers that his based on his decision making.

So why bring smith into a conversation about Kap why compare him basically a rookie qb? Petty I can almost see but even then that is a stretch because you are basing it on his age not on his experience in the nfl

9 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

An overlooked difference between Smith and Petty is that they are nearly the same age. Also it is not so much as this guy over that guy. The Jets QB situation is abysmal.

Smith and Petty both suck and can't read defenses

All Petty has is that one throw to the Go route.  Put a safety over the top on Robby Anderson and Petty can't complete anything else in the route tree

Bryce Petty stinks

5 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

No one is stating that Geno is not bad. He has never thrown to WR's with NFL skills except in a few games. Stephen Hill is not even close to Robby Anderson. He is just better than the guys they have now. Petty is just a few months younger than Geno.

Geno is hot garbage 

Is he better than Petty/Hack?  Probably but that's not saying much

12 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

Just because I feel a bowel movement coming on ... And am afraid it might be diarrhea... Doesn't mean I should keep talking incessantly about the poop my wife took last night and didn't flush 

3 minutes ago, ljr said:

Just because I feel a bowel movement coming on ... And am afraid it might be diarrhea... Doesn't mean I should keep talking incessantly about the poop my wife took last night and didn't flush 

The  Jets don't have good QB's

Colin Kaepernick reportedly plans to opt out of final year of 49ers deal 

Niners quarterback Colin Kaepernick will reportedly be leaving San Francisco.

Niners quarterback Colin Kaepernick will reportedly be leaving San Francisco.

(LYNNE SLADKY/AP)

The most polarizing quarterback in the NFL will reportedly be looking for a new home in March.

Colin Kaepernick, who transformed himself into both hero and villain in 2016 by kneeling during the national anthem in protest of racial inequality and police brutality, plans to opt out of the final year of his deal with the San Francisco 49ers, according to ESPN. The move won’t become official until March 2.

His decision to likely leave San Francisco is no surprise; insiders have expected it since October, when Kaepernick restructured his long-term deal, set to run through 2020, with an opt-out for this offseason. He’ll get to choose his next home now, although it’s possible that, as a result of a protest with good intentions, he may find himself with few options.

League insiders expect that some team will pick up Kaepernick, but it’s entirely possible that his national anthem protest, as well as his rollercoaster production in recent seasons, makes him the least appealing option of the available QBs. At least one personnel man from a QB-needy club told the Daily News in January that he wouldn’t go near Kaepernick.

How Colin Kaepernick's protest will make its mark on offseason

“I wouldn’t touch the guy,” he said. “(He) still has some in the tank, but (is) not worth bringing him into your building . . . too much of a distraction and also not what you want in the locker room.”

Kaepernick, who will be 30 in November, still has ability, even if he’s no longer the electrifying young talent he was in 2012, when he leapfrogged Alex Smith and led the Niners to the Super Bowl. In 2016, he threw 16 TD passes and just four interceptions in 11 starts, and conjured images of his past brilliance in a November loss to Miami, when he threw three TD passes and rushed for 113 yards.

That should be enough to entice some club to take a chance on a Kaepernick reclamation project, said another personnel man.

“Someone will think they can find the old Kaepernick,” he said.

Follow the Daily News Sports on Facebook. "Like" us here.

What remains to be seen is how much that will be worth to a quarterback who arrives with so much off-field baggage, in a market that could have more enticing options. Kaepernick also could re-sign with the 49ers, although that seems unlikely, since the club is rebuilding under new GM John Lynch.

Washington’s Kirk Cousins, if he hits the market, would be the hottest QB, and Buffalo’s Tyrod Taylor could also be available. New England’s Jimmy Garoppolo and Cincinnati’s A.J. McCarron are both expected to be available via trade. All are younger than Kaepernick and viewed as having higher ceilings than the Niners QB.

Still Kaepernick should almost certainly find a home, which is likely good for an NFL that’s battled a series of image problems in recent years. The league won't want a narrative that GMs seem racist or unaccepting of Kaepernick’s protest, especially after a Bleacher Report article last August quoted one exec who branded him a “traitor” and another said he hadn’t seen this much dislike for a player since Rae Carruth, the ex-Panther who tried to murder his pregnant girlfriend.

On 2/2/2017 at 10:53 AM, johnnyjet said:

I may stop being a Jet fan if they sign this a$$hole.  I could use a break from the 47 years of anguish they have provided. 

Good. If you're gonna stop being a Jets fan because of this then we don't need you.

Be gone

Archived