Brandon Marshall signs two year deal with the Giants

Matt39

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for the Marshall... but I think that this makes more sense from a 'I don't want to move away from my media job' perspective then an 'I want a ring' perspective. The Giants MAY be a playoff team but they are not a Superbowl contender. 

Happy for him.  It was the expected move and makes sense.

With that said, it sucks.  

FU Fitz.  And screw Macc for re-signing him, and Bowles for being the idiot who continued to play him.  

We finally had a #1 WR (at a decent price no less) and we screw it up.

Just now, Mike135 said:

Happy for him.  It was the expected move and makes sense.

With that said, it sucks.  

FU Fitz.  And screw Macc for re-signing him, and Bowles for being the idiot who continued to play him.  

We finally had a #1 WR (at a decent price no less) and we screw it up.

Broncos Dolphins and Bears screwed up too.

Remember when Ben McAdoo threw Eli under the bus and blamed all their offensive woes on him?

It's going to be so juicy when the Head Coach and his 2 psychopath WR's decide to turn on the 2 time SB MVP mid season.  The fireworks are going to be amazing.  I see it this way, Brandon holds back OBJ in week 2.  Brandon tells the media everything is gravy, OBJ just wants to win and it was his passion that got the best of him.  Fast forward a few weeks later in game they're getting throttled by the Cowbosy and Marshall didnt get any targets.  OBJ plays the part of Matador and lets Brandon fly right by him in route to taking off Eli's head.

After it's all said and done, Eli will be like:

hqdefault.jpg

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Remember when Ben McAdoo threw Eli under the bus and blamed all their offensive woes on him?

It's going to be so juicy when the Head Coach and his 2 psychopath WR's decide to turn on the 2 time SB MVP mid season.  The fireworks are going to be amazing.  I see it this way, Brandon holds back OBJ in week 2.  Brandon tells the media everything is gravy, OBJ just wants to win and it was his passion that got the best of him.  Fast forward a few weeks later in game they're getting throttled by the Cowbosy and Marshall didnt get any targets.  OBJ plays the part of Matador and lets Brandon fly right by him in route to taking off Eli's head.

After it's all said and done, Eli will be like:

hqdefault.jpg

Wew lad

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Broncos Dolphins and Bears screwed up too.

You could argue Marshall was in his prime here.  Not purely physically, but combined with his maturity he was probably never a better asset than he was the past couple years.

14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

A Super Bowl ring. If the Browns don't care about the championships they had in the 40s The Jets' still counts because we actually have footage of it.

So you say lincoln was assasinated? I say he fled America to become king of the ancient golden city of Quivira. want to prove me wrong, show me the footage of him dying

25 minutes ago, kmnj said:

it was a great move by the giants-they are a real organization and bmarsh will help them

the jets are awful -my ticket rep called me yesterday as they read my survey results which were scathing. I felt bad for the nice woman trying to explain away the misery jet fans deal with. The parking being the one thing they can and should fix-

The GIANTS are by far a better organization and its all on management.  4 SB's, 5 SB appearances since 86.   Yet we still have a few self appointed know it alls that say the Giants are just Lucky.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Like a nuva ring?

Jets have a wide assortment of contraceptives. People leave that out when talking about them because they're fake news aficionados. I'm glad Benedict Cumberbatch won't be the next Who bc the role is too complex for him. 

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

The GIANTS are by far a better organization and its all on management.  4 SB's, 5 SB appearances since 86.   Yet we still have a few self appointed know it alls that say the Giants are just Lucky.

You watch how good Marshall is next year. He will be a beast helping the Giants yet again compete for a SB!!

All those knocking Eli Manning will see what happens when a good QB knows he can throw to a WR and he will make you look good!!

Makes me sick!! :(  

Great Great signing by the Giants 

39 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Dude, calm down. We don't play the Giants in the regular season this year. So it really doesn't matter.

I don't care, I hate that team more than any in any sport(besides duke basketball).

38 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Oops, I forgot. 

I really don't think he is that good.  He is a volume WR and will probably freak out when Shepherd and Beckham are getting more targets.  He may end up with a Roger Lewis like catch percentage.  The enemy within.  

he's a great WR and paired w/ Beckham they will be lethal if the QB plays better.  I hope now last year means he is breaking down but I have a feeling they will get at least one healthy, big time season from him.

5 minutes ago, rillo said:

Good pick up for the Giants, and I'm glad he's out of the AFC East

Why does it matter that he is out of the AFC east? You think the Jets could win the division this year or make the playoffs now that Marshall isn't on the pats or fish? Some of you are acting as if the Jets are going to be a playoff contender this year thanks to Marshall not being on the Pats. 

42 minutes ago, kmnj said:

it was a great move by the giants-they are a real organization and bmarsh will help them

the jets are awful -my ticket rep called me yesterday as they read my survey results which were scathing. I felt bad for the nice woman trying to explain away the misery jet fans deal with. The parking being the one thing they can and should fix-

I had to laugh.  NYJ fixing the parking is pretty much like the crew rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Yeah Marshall drops a lot of passes but for a 3rd Wr how can you Argue it? He's a beast. You'd be hard pressed to find many better 3rd options at the position.

He's  not gonna get anywhere near the attention he got from defenses last year. I can't see how anyone can kill  this move other then just being sour because of hating the Giants.

45 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

In that division, do the Giants get Marshall his 1st playoff appearance ?/ The Cowboys look good, and the Eagles will be improved .  What will the Skins do about their QB situation is also going to play into all this . It's going to be interesting . 

The Redskins are gonna lose Desean and Garçon.

Eagles are still very young. Cowboys will still be real good but I'm still not convinced their qb is great. I think he's the product of an all time great oline 

12 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don't care, I hate that team more than any in any sport(besides duke basketball).

he's a great WR and paired w/ Beckham they will be lethal if the QB plays better.  I hope now last year means he is breaking down but I have a feeling they will get at least one healthy, big time season from him.

Great?

36 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

A Super Bowl ring. If the Browns don't care about the championships they had in the 40s The Jets' still counts because we actually have footage of it.

I know that it sounds crazy, but cameras actually existed prior to 1969.  

25 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

You could argue Marshall was in his prime here.  Not purely physically, but combined with his maturity he was probably never a better asset than he was the past couple years.

Maturity?  

3 minutes ago, AdrianMurrel said:

Yeah Marshall drops a lot of passes but for a 3rd Wr how can you Argue it? He's a beast. You'd be hard pressed to find many better 3rd options at the position.

Brandon Marshall as 3rd WR?  Has he ever accepted that role or does he whine about not getting enough targets while missing more than half of them?  3rd WR?  While he is making approximately three times what the others make combined?  Throw Roger Lewis' entitled ass in there and this should be fun. 

54 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I love jet fans bashing the giants-one is a real team that wins rings and one sucks something awful

bmarsh was a great player for us year one that gave his heart and soul to the team-last year I dont blame him for his disgust and being unhappy with guys not showing up to meetings

You are 100% correct!!!

Only some of us believe that BM was the problem on the field last year.

His only sin was lobbying for Fitz, so what?  It is managements job to run the team. They shouldn't give a dam, except in extrondinary cases what players think. 

Why shouldn't BM be pissed that guys are not showing up for practice and so on!!

The idea we defend guys out here who says through tweets "screw the game where the hoes at" or some other childish variation therein tells you all you need to know about our fans.

BM was the one player to warn before the Bills game not to over look them, that the Jets hadn't won anything, and some posters out here laughed at him.  

Well how did that work out? 

Also BM was an anchor player for the Jets, he was big, tough and physical, he made the Jets tough as unit. Think on this .....

Defenses had to worry about us because of him not because of Fitz!

Again we were a tough unit on offense because of BM. When was the last time we had that?

The guy is as Deion Sanders said, a problem to guard.  Yea you guys saying he will implode or watch the locker room IMO are in for a big surprise.

You know this move has to drive Woody nuts, I just hope we STAY THE COURSE.  The Giants are in a completely different situation then us.   They know they're window is closing with Eli and they have to make one last push while they can.  The Jets in the opposite position and should be very much building for 2018 and beyond.

30 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Better ownership, better FO, committed to winning more than simply making headlines and retarded political activism

1 minute ago, drsamuel84 said:

You know this move has to drive Woody nuts, I just hope we STAY THE COURSE.  The Giants are in a completely different situation then us.   They know they're window is closing with Eli and they have to make one last push while they can.  The Jets in the opposite position and should be very much building for 2018 and beyond.

Stay the course to what? 4-12 and we miss out on Darnold because 2-3 teams had worse records than us?

Archived