Brandon Marshall signs two year deal with the Giants

Matt39

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Remember how terrible the locker room was with Mo and Sheldon before Marshall?  Yeah, me either. I wonder what changed? 

LOL!  What changed?  Are you for real?  I guess I have to spell it out like you are 5 years old?   Nobody confronted them previously. That's what changed.   None of the coaches under Bowles or Rex, that's for sure. Perhaps none of the teammates either.  So when Marshall spoke up, the entitled Mo and Sheldon didn't like it too much.  Didn't want their "entitled" feathers ruffled.

The trouble  when someone calls they got called out for their not giving a sh!t about the team or anyone on it but themselves and their flouting team rules such as showing up to meetings on time. .  Then a teammate, an NFL veteran who desperately wants to reach the playoffs, confronts them about their attitudes all hell breaks loose.  And you blame it on Marshall? Are you just pretending to be blind to what Bowles defensive guys do to that clubhouse with a blessing of silence from their handicapped head coach? Bowles allows a couple of inmates on his defense to run the asylum and he does NOTHING about it.  Maybe if Bowles did, then Marshall wouldn't wouldn't have needed to speak up.   

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JiF said:

Dcat doesnt care about history.  He also doesnt care about personal admissions that are confirmed by players and coaches. 

Again, you are completely wrong.  But go ahead and run your inane agenda and ignore who the problems on the Jets are.

this year is the only year that I remember that I don't mind talented ex Jets signing with the Giants or Pats. It's rebuild time in Florham Park, time to have lower tier free agents play along side lots of rookies, while the search continues for a Jets rookie qb that can hit the ocean.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL!  What changed?  Are you for real?  I guess I have to spell it out like you are 5 years old?   Nobody confronted them previously. That's what changed.   None of the coaches under Bowles or Rex, that's for sure. Perhapos none of the teammates either.  So when Marshall spoke up, the entitled Mo and Sheldon didn't like it too much.  Didn't want their "entitled" feathers ruffled.

The trouble  when someone calls they got called out for their not giving a sh!t about the team or anyone on it but themselves and their flouting team rules such as showing up to meetings on time. .  Then a teammate, an NFL veteran who desperately wants to reach the playoffs, confronts them about their attitudes all hell breaks loose.  And you blame it on Marshall? Are you just pretending to be blind to what Bowles defensive guys do to that clubhouse with a blessing of silence from their handicapped head coach? Bowles allows a couple of inmates on his defense to run the asylum and he does NOTHING about it.  Maybe if Bowles did, then Marshall wouldn't wouldn't have needed to speak up.   

He called them out?  He called them out after the KC game?  He caught 3 of 10 for 27 yards.  The offense scored 3 and gave up 7 on a pick 6.  Jalin Marshall fumbled a kickoff for another KC TD.  Sheldon had 5+ tackles and a half a sack.  Maturity.  It had nothing to do with meetings or attitudes.  It had to do with a guy playing like sh*t flapping his mouth. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

(Gary Myers, Daily News, Chimes in:)

John Mara owes Woody Johnson dinner. Jerry Reese should send Mike Maccagnan a gift card to his favorite coffee house. The appropriate present from Ben McAdoo to Todd Bowles is a collection of every song Gladys Knight, his favorite artist, ever recorded.

One more thing: Eli Manning should take out a full-page ad in the Daily News thanking the Jets for being so dysfunctional.

Brandon Marshall is a perfect 6-foot-4 fit for the Giants. They are now serious Super Bowl contenders. They are all-in trying to take advantage of what should be two more quality years from Manning.

He became a better quarterback in 2005 when Plaxico Burress, 6-5 with a gigantic wingspan, was signed as a free agent and began snatching Manning’s wayward passes headed for the third row and turning them into 20-yard completions and touchdowns. He was unstoppable on fade passes in the end zone.

Marshall is Plaxico 2.0.

SAR I

Yes. Then Marshall drops the game winner in the Superbowl and the Pats reach that milestone too.

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He called them out?  He called them out after the KC game?  He caught 3 of 10 for 27 yards.  The offense scored 3 and gave up 14.  Sheldon had 5+ tackles and a half a sack.  Maturity.  It had nothing to do with meetings or attitudes.  It had to do with a guy playing like sh*t flapping his mouth. 

It had everything to do with team attitude dude.  Neither Mo nor Sheldon gave a rats ass about losing, probably others on that defense too. Marshall cared.  They didn't.  And, in the end,  that was  the cause of the friction. And Mo has had this attitude for a very long time. 

Mac's biggest mistake: bringing Fitz back

a close second for biggest mistake (one that will haunt the team for even more years than the mistake above): Giving Mo Wilk all that money for basically nothing.  He didn't deserve it.  

3rd mistake (which he still has time to fix): Not trading Richardson.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Probably not in someone's business, but Revis disrupted the locker room with his I'm a retired quitter attitude.  Actions (or inaction) can be worse than words.

SAR I

i certainly agree that he didn't play with any heart this past season.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

It had everything to do with team attitude dude.  Neither Mo nor Sheldon gave a rats ass about losing, probably others on that defense too. Marshall cared.  They didn't.  And, in the end,  that was  the cause of the friction.

I don't give a **** if he cares.  I care if he catches the ball. He played like sh*t and he wants a cookie for his attitude?  He's never won a ******* thing in the NFL. Never been to the playoffs.  Three winning seasons - 9-7 his rookie year when he was behind Javon Walker and Rod Smith and 10-6 2015 and 2012 with the Bears.  Teams do worse the longer he is around.  #winningattitude

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't give a **** if he cares.  I care if he catches the ball. He played like sh*t and he wants a cookie for his attitude?  He's never won a ******* thing in the NFL. Never been to the playoffs.  Three winning seasons - 9-7 his rookie year when he was behind Javon Walker and Rod Smith and 10-6 2015 and 2012 with the Bears.  Teams do worse the longer he is around.  #winningattitude

The root of the clubhouse issues at Florham Park were Mo, Sheldon and others on the defense.  Not Marshall.

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL!  What changed?  Are you for real?  I guess I have to spell it out like you are 5 years old?   Nobody confronted them previously. That's what changed.   None of the coaches under Bowles or Rex, that's for sure. Perhaps none of the teammates either.  So when Marshall spoke up, the entitled Mo and Sheldon didn't like it too much.  Didn't want their "entitled" feathers ruffled.

You're a Brandon Marshall fan.  Your words.  I'm a fan of the Jets and not a player.  You dont have the ability to look at this objectively.  And that's cool.  But the facts are facts and you choose to ignore them because your his fan.  Which is cool.  I dont know why you're trying to spin it any other way. 

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Again, you are completely wrong.  But go ahead and run your inane agenda and ignore who the problems on the Jets are.

Nope.  I'm 100% right and have not only history but actual quotes from the player in question, his head coach and other players on the team to support my position.  You're the one choosing to ignore those facts and instead state an opinion about a player you love. 

Just now, JiF said:

You're a Brandon Marshall fan.  Your words.  I'm a fan of the Jets and not a player.  You dont have the ability to look at this objectively.  And that's cool.  But the facts are facts and you choose to ignore them because your his fan.  Which is cool.  I dont know why you're trying to spin it any other way. 

that's nonsense.  The problems in the clubhouse are Bowles having no control over anyone, particularly his defense.  Your views on Marshall are warped.  That much is clear.  You've been a hater since forever.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

that's nonsense.  The problems in the clubhouse are Bowles having no control over anyone, particularly his defense.  Your views on Marshall are warped.  That much is clear.  You've been a hater since forever.

Not true at all...but you like ignoring facts, so why bother? 

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The root of the clubhouse issues at Florham Park were Mo, Sheldon and others on the defense.  Not Marshall.

Do any of us know? I could see players getting sick of his 30 minute press conferences, his Inside the NFL weekly spot..

Just now, JiF said:

Nope.  I'm 100% right and have not only history but actual quotes from the player in question, his head coach and other players on the team to support my position.  You're the one choosing to ignore those facts and instead state an opinion about a player you love. 

Geez... no end to your agenda, so now you challenge the presenter's motives instead of the subject matter.  Feeble.  Not worth continuing with you on Marshall.  You just hate the dude, always have since day 1 on the Jets and want to blame all the clubhouse issues on him instead of facing the reality that those still on the team are the cause and will continue that sh!t show because Bowles allows it.   

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Geez... no end to your agenda, so now you challenge the presenter's motives instead of the subject matter.  Feeble.  Not worth continuing with you on Marshall.  You just hate the dude, always have since day 1 on the Jets and want to blame all the clubhouse issues on him instead of facing the reality that those still on the team are the cause and will continue that sh!t show because Bowles allows it.   

Agenda?  I have no agenda.  I have no hate.  I'm just repeating what Brandon admitted to and his Head Coach and 4 other players confirmed...that's all. 

10 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Do any of us know? I could see players getting sick of his 30 minute press conferences, his Inside the NFL weekly spot..

Well, technically we do know since Brandon admitted his action divided the lockerroom and then the HC and 4 other players confirmed it.  So there isnt really a debate.  However, I do think outside of whatever happened in the Jets lockerrroom, that Brandon probably rubs a lot players wrong way with his holier than thou attitude and his relationship with the media/being a member of the media.  It doesnt help when you perform poorly and quit.  That whole, dont throw stones in a glass house thingy typically pisses people off.

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

this really sucks, I hate when we lose good players to that team.  I'd rather he go anywhere but there.

It's funny though how many people dissed on Marshall like he was nothing. But now hate he is on the Giants ha. He was one of the VERY few players get pissed when the team wasn't playing well.. The rest of them took it quite well.. He is a vet player who wants to chase that ring before he retires.. I love that kind of player.. It's too bad we didn't give him a decent thrower..

1 hour ago, Gangrene said:

this year is the only year that I remember that I don't mind talented ex Jets signing with the Giants or Pats. It's rebuild time in Florham Park, time to have lower tier free agents play along side lots of rookies, while the search continues for a Jets rookie qb that can hit the ocean.

7 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Why does it matter that he is out of the AFC east? You think the Jets could win the division this year or make the playoffs now that Marshall isn't on the pats or fish? Some of you are acting as if the Jets are going to be a playoff contender this year thanks to Marshall not being on the Pats. 

I just rather not face him twice a year regardless if the Jets are contenders or not. Not really that hard to grasp. 

HUH?!?!?

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Former Jets WR Brandon Marshall alluded to the Jets' roster shakeup during his conference call with the Giants media. "David Harris is still there and you feel bad because it takes a strong veteran leadership group to keep things together and now get things back on track," he said. "You're leaving guys to fend for themselves. That was the hard part" about leaving.

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yes, Brandon Marshall makes teams worse.

What did those teams win after Marshall was traded?  Oh, that's right, nothing.  Some of you guys are insane.  

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yes, us and four NFL front offices. 

That's why you're in the company of these losers:

Josh McDaniels - LOL (long term plan was replacing Jay Cutler with Tim Tebow)

Jeff Ireland - LOL (losing record and went from a GM to a scout)

Ryan Pace - LOL (.281 winning percentage and will be fired in a year)

You're blaming an All Pro WR who does his job (very well) rather than the losers who didn't do their jobs very well.

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

HUH?!?!?

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Former Jets WR Brandon Marshall alluded to the Jets' roster shakeup during his conference call with the Giants media. "David Harris is still there and you feel bad because it takes a strong veteran leadership group to keep things together and now get things back on track," he said. "You're leaving guys to fend for themselves. That was the hard part" about leaving.

Sheldon Richardson is an irreparable dbag - toxic locker room guy backed with minimal production- a total waste of talent. Wilkerson isnt a self starter, blatantly loafs and he's making max money- terrible look.

Marshall sniffed out Revis in training camp and embarrassed him for dogging it. Granted Marshall checked out after the Chiefs game but the Jets did offer him an extension and the Giants wanted him. Richardson is another likely suspension out of the league and Mo is just cashing checks. Revis got cut and will be out of football.

Archived