Does any of this matter?

Jetster

Everything the Jets look to do is future oriented, so Perry at 27 would be a smart signing. Other than that the Jets should just sit on the sidelines & let this fraud free agency get past the frenzied 1st week stage. We have to build through the draft, 2nd tier young FAs & UDFAs.

The Oline has its starters sans LT, Carpenter-Johnson-Winters-Shell. The Dline & LBs have these starters, Mo-Leo-Simon- Richardson?- PERRY? Lee, Jenkins, Harris? If we sign I safety & Perry that would be all for the $ guys. If Decker stays we're set at WR for 2 years.

Jets are scrap chasers after maybe 2 signings this week. Just remember Jet fans sometimes not getting what you want is a blessing in disguise.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Like, in a cosmic sense?

Yes.lol.

We all knew that the best possible thing that could ever happen to this organization is to RIP OFF THE BANDAIDS and truly use the draft to build this team in Bradys last 2-3 years. I mean it just sucks that our Jets had to play in the same division with the best team in the NFL for the last 15 years, (Best QB of all time & the best coach & GM of all time). If we gave up a 21-3 lead to the Pats people would have hung themselves. Build for the future Macc. I'd love to see a young team that develops & grows and plays BETTER in the 2nd half of the year. It will be exciting to see young guys play, Lee, Jenkins, Leo, Burris, Anderson, Enunwa, Peaked, Smith? & this years crop of youngsters. I'm looking forward to it. My god, we went 5-11 with a bunch of overpaid vets, this is a much better alternative.

11 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Everything the Jets look to do is future oriented, so Perry at 27 would be a smart signing. Other than that the Jets should just sit on the sidelines & let this fraud free agency get past the frenzied 1st week stage. We have to build through the draft, 2nd tier young FAs & UDFAs.

The Oline has its starters sans LT, Carpenter-Johnson-Winters-Shell. The Dline & LBs have these starters, Mo-Leo-Simon- Richardson?- PERRY? Lee, Jenkins, Harris? If we sign I safety & Perry that would be all for the $ guys. If Decker stays we're set at WR for 2 years.

Jets are scrap chasers after maybe 2 signings this week. Just remember Jet fans sometimes not getting what you want is a blessing in disguise.

Someone else is using my term.  Proud moment...

And I agree wholeheartedly with your post.

16 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I don't want to spend big either, but they need an LT and you left out CB.  CB and LT are high dollar positions.  S is not.  Wesley Johnson is a FA.  I think he is restricted, but they still need to lock him down. I do agree they should be looking for bargains.  That is what you always need to do.  How often do you read about the Steelers signing some high dollar FA from another team? 

Been saying it for a while. We need to spend on young players in FA who can grow with the team going forward. No more Revis's, Cromartie's, Forte's, Marshall's, McLendon's, those guys best days were all behind them when they got here or came back. Some could still play, but they were coming up to the end as we found out with Revis. We need guys who can be here 5 years from now.

I think the only aim of FA should be to ensure we don't go into the draft with a glaring need. That gives you greater flexibility on who you draft.

No need to sign superstars, just guys who can hold down their position; upside would be a nice bonus.

Right now I think LT is the hardest gap to fill, don't want us overpaying for another JAG, but at the same time you don't want a turnstile just because he's cheap.

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Someone else is using my term.  Proud moment...

And I agree wholeheartedly with your post.

Fraud Agency is a great term. We haven't learned our lesson since Leonard Marshall & Ronnie Lott. There is a reason guys like Marshall have NEVER been to the playoffs. Look at the trades that looked so good when we made them but have since meant NOTHING to the organization overall.

Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Marshall, and on & on. We need to draft players that grow up being JETS. I loved the Jets with the sack exchange, Al Toon, Wesley Walker, Freeman McNeil, Johnny Hector, Mickey Shuler, home grown guys that you really felt were NY Jets.

I have never in my 48 years of being a fan HATED a Jet team as much as I hated the 2016 NY Jets. It was a Frankenstein of an NFL team.

36 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I think the only aim of FA should be to ensure we don't go into the draft with a glaring need. That gives you greater flexibility on who you draft.

No need to sign superstars, just guys who can hold down their position; upside would be a nice bonus.

Right now I think LT is the hardest gap to fill, don't want us overpaying for another JAG, but at the same time you don't want a turnstile just because he's cheap.

You got it right in your first sentence. To me that's what FA is all about. Great post. 

Just now, thadude said:

Mac needs to stop being a p-ssy and sign Glennon 

otherwise enjoy joy unemployment insurance next January you loser

Macc's career is riding on this no way he signs Glennon especially not for the money it will take. 

We have too many other glaring needs. 

Draft a QB at 6 and let the 3 on the roster battle it out in camp. 

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Mac needs to stop being a p-ssy and sign Glennon 

otherwise enjoy unemployment insurance next January you loser

We don't even know if that is possible. All reports are that he has agreed to a deal with the Bears. Its entirely possible he doesn't want to be a Jet. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Macc's career is riding on this no way he signs Glennon especially not for the money it will take. 

We have too many other glaring needs. 

Draft a QB at 6 and let the 3 on the roster battle it out in camp. 

What if he doesn't like any of the QB's at 6? Does that play into it at all?

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

What if he doesn't like any of the QB's at 6? Does that play into it at all?

We basically dont have a choice if we cant get any free agents to sign here. 

If not then sign Sanchez or Geno and let everything play out. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nothing else matters until we get a decent QB here. 

Righ, so how does it help to bring in geno, Sanchez and his gimp shoulder, or a bad QB at 6?

BTW, haven't you been banned several times? What are your past names?

None of it matters because we all know that the Jets will sign a poor to average QB who will be good enough to beat the Bills at least once, the Browns and the Jags and one other (probably towards the end of the year) to place them in yet another no man's land draft position.

The Jets are such a joke, they're crap at being crap.

24 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Righ, so how does it help to bring in geno, Sanchez and his gimp shoulder, or a bad QB at 6?

BTW, haven't you been banned several times? What are your past names?

By the way BowlesMovement what is your problem dude?  Welcome to IGNORE. 

You've chosen to ignore content by NoBowles

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

By the way BowlesMovement what is your problem dude?  Welcome to IGNORE. 

You've chosen to ignore content by NoBowles

At some point you should realize there's  a common denominator for posters here with 'problems'. Oh wait, I'm probably still on ignore. Dont PM me this time though. 

There are certain guys that are here to ridicule others opinions and guys that are always looking for an argument. 

Bad enough the Jets aggravate the piss out of me I don't need internet a-holes doing the same. 

This board is fun and friendly I enjoy Jets football talk. 

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

There are certain guys that are here to ridicule others opinions and guys that are always looking for an argument. 

Bad enough the Jets aggravate the piss out of me I don't need internet a-holes doing the same. 

This board is fun and friendly I enjoy Jets football talk. 

I was just trying to have serious football talk with you, we can disagree in a civil manner. How about we wipe the slate clean and start over, me and you?

Archived