omg an idzik pick makes good

rangerous

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Idzik's drafts weren't great by any stretch.  He hit with Enunwa, and Winters looks like he may workout also.

It's the players that Idzik passed over in the first couple of rounds that hurt the most

Cooks went two picks after Pryor - (Credit Idzik for not taking Manziel) but also passed on Bridgewater

But imagine if he selected Cooks at 18 then traded the 3rd round pick to move up in the 2nd for Carr

Pryor, Amaro and Dex Vs Cooks, Carr 

Idzik was not a talent guy.  He needed to rely on Scouts.  Bradway and Co were completely checked out.  They also seemed to really ignore intelligence in their players.  He picked too many morons.

Aboushi is a serviceable player.  The Jets are better with Winters and Carpenter.   But the NFL is an entertainment business.  You can't have one of your entertainers comment on the Palestinian problem when a good portion of your customers take a different view.  Another moron.

38 minutes ago, varjet said:

Idzik was not a talent guy.  He needed to rely on Scouts.  Bradway and Co were completely checked out.  They also seemed to really ignore intelligence in their players.  He picked too many morons.

Aboushi is a serviceable player.  The Jets are better with Winters and Carpenter.   But the NFL is an entertainment business.  You can't have one of your entertainers comment on the Palestinian problem when a good portion of your customers take a different view.  Another moron.

I said the same thing in previous threads.  Didn't feel like it this time.  Glad you did though. I actually called the Jets Public Relations office to express my thoughts on his offensive and inappropriate tweets 2 or 3 years ago.  I said, "Oday can support his people publicly, but he can't trash mine." The tweets stopped shortly thereafter.  I imagine there were other Jets fans that did the same.

Another example of Idziot being clueless.  Not recognizing the demographic of the Jets fan base.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/3/18/14967558/closer-look-new-seahawks-guard-oday-aboushi

While they met with a much more high-profile offensive lineman on Friday, the Seattle Seahawks also signed free agent guard Oday Aboushi, adding competition at a position of great need and inquisition. What sort of player are they getting with Aboushi and how good are his chances of pushing either Mark Glowinski or Germain Ifedi off of the 2016 starting jobs?

Aboushi, 25, was a fifth round pick by the New York Jets in 2013 out of Virginia. At the combine he came in at 6’5, 308 lbs, 33.8” arms, ran a 5.45, did 17 reps on the bench, had an 8’4” broad, and a 23.5” vertical leap. As a draft prospect, Aboushi probably wouldn’t be at the top of the Seahawks list. Of course, they passed on him several times, including taking Jesse Williams and Tharold Simon back-to-back just three picks ahead of Aboushi. But as a free agent, there’s good reason for them to sign Aboushi to a one-year deal.

The first being that he was available and cheap. He also has 18 games of starting experience, all at guard. The bad news is that the Jets released him after only two seasons, after they had signed former Seattle guard James Carpenter to take his job. The Seahawks didn’t want to pay Carpenter, the Jets didn’t want to stick with Aboushi, and now Seattle is taking Aboushi to compete at guard a couple years later. Interesting how that works. At the time, ProFootballFocus spoke highly of his run blocking while they were negative about his pass blocking. Sounds about right for the Seahawks.

The blog Turn On The Jets did a breakdown of Aboushi’s college film in 2013, noting that he was very bad against speed rushers and that he’d be a long-term project for New York. The project turned out to be too big for them to handle and Aboushi spent the last two seasons with the Houston Texans, appearing in 11 games with eight starts, including three last year.

At the moment, it looks like he will compete with Glowinski, Ifedi, Rees Odhiambo, and perhaps Luke Joeckel at the guard spots. They also have futures contract signee Robert Myers. There will definitely be more offensive linemen added to the mix, whether it’s Clady, later signees, draftees, and undrafted free agents. Aboushi looks to be a longshot to start and perhaps has some road to climb in order to make the final roster, but these things change rapidly under Pete Carroll.

Archived