Who was the bigger bust Gholston or Dion Jordan?

Beerfish

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Gholston. Gholston was a special kind of suck. 

Gholston flat out sucked this guy is flat out stupid............worth a look before NE  beats us to him. 

Jordan missed the past two seasons due to suspensions for violating the NFL's policy on substances of abuse.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I just remember the alleged draft guru community jerking each other off over Jordan like he was going to reinvent the sport. 

Know what I remember about that?  All the reasons these guys used to justify getting Jordan = all the reasons that were used to justify getting Darron Lee last year.

Sure he is small but he is fast!  He can cover LBs. TES!, He will be a play maker at the next level even if he had little play making production in college!

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Gholston flat out sucked this guy is flat out stupid............worth a look before NE  beats us to him. 

Jordan missed the past two seasons due to suspensions for violating the NFL's policy on substances of abuse.

Gholston was lousy, Jordan was lousy and an addict and they phish had to trade up from 12 to 3 to get him.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Know what I remember about that?  All the reasons these guys used to justify getting Jordan = all the reasons that were used to justify getting Darron Lee last year.

Sure he is small but he is fast!  He can cover LBs. TES!, He will be a play maker at the next level even if he had little play making production in college!

"Watch this clip of him lining up over a slot receiver!"

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jordan is small now? or are you desperately trying to get your anti-Lee talking points in 

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The thing with Gholston was that he was overdrafted almost entirely based on his Combine performance, which makes his selection worse. If a dude was a third rounder before the Combine, he's a third rounder after the Combine, too. 

That's not accurate at all. Gholston was beast at Ohio State. 22.5 sacks (led the nation) in his two years as a starter, including sacks against 1st overall pick Jake Long... He was projected as a high first round pick before the combine.

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

That's not accurate at all. Gholston was beast at Ohio State. 22.5 sacks (led the nation) in his two years as a starter, including sacks against 1st overall pick Jake Long... He was projected as a high first round pick before the combine.

I don't believe that was the case. I know he had the numbers, but I recall reading that he was stiff and couldn't move. I used to have all those dopey draft magazines

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The thing with Gholston was that he was overdrafted almost entirely based on his Combine performance, which makes his selection worse. If a dude was a third rounder before the Combine, he's a third rounder after the Combine, too. 

Sounds nice but check your facts. gholston had 14.5 sacks his last year at ohio state, 7 the previous- production was there 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don't believe that was the case. I know he had the numbers, but I recall reading that he was stiff and couldn't move. I used to have all those dopey draft magazines

Pretty much. Gholston's the poster child for people saying a guy had a great combine because they're paying attention to the wrong events. It also seems like he really didn't give a sh*t about football, which doesn't help.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Pretty much. Gholston's the poster child for people saying a guy had a great combine because they're paying attention to the wrong events. It also seems like he really didn't give a sh*t about football, which doesn't help.

True. But he wasn't that terrible in the important  drills either. It just so happened he was drafted by the Jets and literally did nothing.

Both guys with great talent. I don't know that much about Jordan. But Vern didn't seem to want to be here. By here I mean playing pro football. For some guys once you get that money it's hard to get motivated. It's not easy to want to take someone else's head off. Most of us would prefer kicking back and being teddy bears. Hanging out with girls, drinking Mai Tais, etc. Unfortunately for us Vern was a teddy bear.

Lolphins just cut Jordan.
Gholston 6th overall, 0 sacks, 45 games, 5 games started
vs
Dion Jordan who was 3rd overall and the Phins had to trade up to get? 3 sacks, 1 start, 28 games.

Really sucks when you have to trade up for a bust, good thing they did though I think they traded to keep us from drafting him so it worked out for the best. I couldn't imagine how redskin fans feel about rg3 they gave up a whole lot to land him and he ended up being almost as fragile as Dee Milner

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

True. But he wasn't that terrible in the important  drills either. It just so happened he was drafted by the Jets and literally did nothing.

He had a good broad jump, but when you control for size it came down to earth a bit (the Waldo metrics all hated him). A guy with his size and strength still should have been able to carve out a career as a homeless man's Calvin Pace, but if the guy doesn't want it, there's not much you can do.

13 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

He had a good broad jump, but when you control for size it came down to earth a bit (the Waldo metrics all hated him). A guy with his size and strength still should have been able to carve out a career as a homeless man's Calvin Pace, but if the guy doesn't want it, there's not much you can do.

He was in one of the last drafts before the rookie wage scale I believe. Like 20 mill guaranteed at least 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I actually remember it the exact opposite.  He had monster production and the whole beat Jake Long thing and then he tested like a stiff.  I personally remember doing a total 180 on him the more you realized he was all bull rush meat head with stiff hips and no bend.  Like too much muscle mass or something.  

Archived